Poll: What loot distribution system does your guild use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The guild I'm in just does /roll and there's somewhat of a "loot council" that decides who gets a piece if there's competition for it. 10 man loot distribution is much simpler than 25 man(obviously) and most 10 man guilds are tightly knit enough that sharing isn't an issue.

I've been in 25 man guilds with loot council distribution where they claim it's "fair" but in reality they distributed by officer > veteran raiders > newer raiders > trials.
    I was in this one guild where I spanked their resident resto shaman ALL the time and even after I was promoted to raider, he got priority on mail gear before me. The only time I got mail gear is if he already had the item or was "nice enough" to pass it to me. That sort of loot distribution is based more on favoritism/seniority and is BS imo.

I was a loot council officer back during Wrath in a 25 man guild and I think we handled loot distribution fairly. If there was a highly desired piece that drops, we would consider performance, attendance, attitude, size of upgrade, how long it had been since someone had gotten loot...if all that ended up being even between 2 solid raiders, we would have them roll off, which it didn't come to very often.

Bottom line, loot council DOES work if you have a fair team of officers distributing. I've always hated favoritism, as everyone in a raid kills a boss together and deserves a fair shot at loot, as long as they've been showing up and doing their jobs well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loot council es numero uno

Made by dubbelbasse

Good old /roll for MS/OS. One piece of tier/mainspec per raid, unlimited offspec. I find it works quite well.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Lowest ilvl wins if 2 or more wants the same item.

we use DKP for our 10 man guild, most of us have been raiding together for quite awhile now so those that share usable loot usually work something out between them....

we reset it every tier to prevent hording and keep everyone on equal footing aswell as each piece having set values. we downsized to a 10 man guild some time in FL and the system is a variation of what we used then, still a work in progress but the current version has not caused any drama as of yet

to add to that for offspec gear, the people who never raid in thier offspec pass up to those that do if theres any cross over
    Last edited by Caesonia; 2012-11-08 at 02:44 PM. Reason: addition