Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing Question

I have been healing pretty much with my Pally since when Outlands was released. I love to heal actually and do nothing but heal in either raids or just 5-man raids. I am a bit confused with how healing is done today though with the new expansion. I was in my first raid LFG laid night with the new expansion. I was still doing very well considering my current gear is still relatively low compared to others, and was staying about 3'rd in healing. I was going OOM quite a lot actually about 1/2 way through boss encounters, and surprised in how fast mana is burned with my pally now compared to past expansions. Also at the top of healing was another Pally and was seriously kicking everyone's a$$ with his heals, I noticed through my threat meter that he healed most with Beacon Of Light? I always use beaon of light on either the MT or OT but I NEVER even got close to the numbers he was getting with his heals with BOL; actually my BOL was not even registering at one of my top heals. I use Diving Light quote a lot, and Word of Glory and also Holy radiance as my top heals. Any ideas on what I can change to not only better manage my mana regen and also how to heal more with using BOL? Thanks in advance...

Deleted
    The other paladin probably was using enternal flame. That increases BoL heals alot.
    If you are using Divine light too much, don't be afraid to use holy light more. Even if it seems it does low healing, you're not the only healer in the raid, and you still put up a mastery shieled using holy light.

1st of all it would be helpful to know ur gear/enchants/reforging cause it may have something to do with that. Concerning WoG i'm barely using it even with DP proccs. I'm using instead LoD thanks to mastery. U'll climb on HPS and ur overhealing won't be that high (i get around 20 to 25%) due to the huge amount of aoe dmg of the encouters

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    Any ideas on what I can change to not only better manage my mana regen and also how to heal more with using BOL? Thanks in advance...
    About mana regen nothing that a couple of good trinkets + spi flask and +spi food to get u there. About BoL, i would advise to use it on the tank that will get more dmg

Quote Originally Posted by froxyyer View Post
    1st of all it would be helpful to know ur gear/enchants/reforging cause it may have something to do with that. Concerning WoG i'm barely using it even with DP proccs. I'm using instead LoD thanks to mastery. U'll climb on HPS and ur overhealing won't be that high (i get around 20 to 25%) due to the huge amount of aoe dmg of the encouters

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 03:13 PM ----------

About mana regen nothing that a couple of good trinkets + spi flask and +spi food to get u there. About BoL, i would advise to use it on the tank that will get more dmg
    Sorry probably not the easiest to see but my Armory link is located under my signature:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B1t/simple
    [/COLOR]

I just reforged for more mastery since it seems that is what a lot of other Holy Spec pally s are doing from what I have seen.

what you want to do is get rid of sacred shield and use eternal flame, this will increase HPS By alot. and instead if using holy avenger i would go with divine purpose, it seems to proc alot for me. i've gotten 5 procs in a row once during a raid encounter. and instead of using divine light alot i would advise you to spam holy light and when the tank is taking Heavy damage using divine light and for holy radiance. only really use it when the raid is stacked or it will jsut hit like 3-5 people and that's not fun

1. Use Holy Shock on CD
    2. Holy Light is better to avoid going oom
    3. Only use Holy Radiance if you really have to, like when multiple people go below 40% (Monks/Shamans AOE healing is better imo)
    4. Light Hammer heals for a ton when people are grouped
    5. Eternal Flame
    6. Melee the boss to get mana regen / Divine Plea

That's all I can think off

Are you doing 10man raids or 25man?
    I would get rid of Glyph of Blessed life and get Glyph of light of dawn for a 10 man environment.

Quote Originally Posted by FuSuLu View Post
    Are you doing 10man raids or 25man?
    I would get rid of Glyph of Blessed life and get Glyph of light of dawn for a 10 man environment.

I just did a 25 man LFR yesterday so right now just 25 mans but I am sure that will change to go to 10 man here soon.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Linkash View Post
    1. Use Holy Shock on CD
    3. Only use Holy Radiance if you really have to, like when multiple people go below 40% (Monks/Shamans AOE healing is better imo)
    5. Eternal Flame

That's all I can think off

Thanks for the suggestions - I will defiantly do these changes when I get home after work/school later on.

In LFR or 25 man - look if melee/raid is stacked and only than heal with Holy Radiance (it dont have the HoT anymore so do it after DMG has landed).
    Next: - Final talent -> Light hammer, heals Ton better than Prism specially in 25
    - Holy avenger gets you OOM faster than you think. Use divine purpouse to get many free heals via LoD and EF
    - Get EF, its better than sacred shield
    - Good use of Divine plea helps a lot (best when priest is doing their Hymn of hope, the +Mana pool generates more from Plea)
    - Dont be afraid to use Plea early (like 85%-80% mana) you will get more of it during fight, unless its heal heavy phase (Gliphed or ungliphed it costs you healing)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkash View Post
    1. Use Holy Shock on CD
    5. Eternal Flame
    Agree on most of the points except when u say use EF instead of SS. Imo SS is way better cause u can use ur holy powers to use LoD for a better aoe experience. And i think DP is a must atm cause the proccs are rly gr8 reaching 6/7 in a row. Imagine on a heavy aoe fight the following sequence: HS - LoD - HR - LoD and repeat. When DP proccs, use LoD again. it's working gr8 for me

10+ Year Old Account
    The mana issue is rather big at low gear levels. Once you build up to raid level gear you should be able to get around that. I personally shoot for as much Spirit as I can get because of how fast we burn through mana.

As far as healing goes there are a few different strategies that you can employ. Going with EF blanketing is definitely one of them, just be aware that this strategy requires that another healer focuses on spot healing and tanks while you keep your hots up. If you're shooting for ten man progression, I would come up with a strategy that works with your other healer(s). As a paladin, you are likely going to be the best option for a focused tank healer. If that is the case, don't be afraid to take SS as it works better on a single target. While your gear is low I would advise that you not use HR and DL as much, they definitely burn through mana faster than your other spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froxyyer View Post
    Agree on most of the points except when u say use EF instead of SS. Imo SS is way better cause u can use ur holy powers to use LoD for a better aoe experience. And i think DP is a must atm cause the proccs are rly gr8 reaching 6/7 in a row. Imagine on a heavy aoe fight the following sequence: HS - LoD - HR - LoD and repeat. When DP proccs, use LoD again. it's working gr8 for me

I prefer having Holy Avenger for heavy aoe situations. I don't like the RNG factor in Divine Purpose. Its different playstyles and Divine Purpose is by no means a "must"
    Last edited by Freia; 2012-11-08 at 07:22 PM.

Don't be over-swayed by the 'spec Eternal Flame' arguments. It's great on some fights but don't be afraid to use Sacred Shield. You'll easily get 10% of your healing from it. Eternal Flame is most useful on fights you're two healing or that have consistent AoE damage. For the other fights Sacred Shield is just as useful.

I respec'd a bit ago - I will give healing a try a bit later either tomorrow or over the weekend to see if I notice any big changes with my mana usage and also with healing in general I appreciate the feedback from everyone though!

Like others have said, Holy shock on cd, get eternal flame and divine purpose. You must only spend at 3HP with DP as the the proc chance is reduced for 1HP and 2HP.
    Beacon also transfers 100% of Holy Light so I'd suggest not even using Divine Light, if you need to get people up faster that is what AW/DF/GoAK are for, rotate them efficiently, if the raid needs a lot of healing using AW or AW/DF with Light's Hammer for a massive amount hps.
    Using the 458 4p PVP set synergizes very well with DP and Eternal Flame spending(and saves so much mana).
    Mastery is more beneficial as it makes your holy lights that much more powerful, helps pick up the slack of low regen and spellpower.
    LoD is very lack luster and EF can easily out heal it in even a 25m environment, EF is also more beneficial to keeping players alive and with DP I've had 17 EF all ticking into the Beacon target.

For glyphs I always use Divinity, then atm have PoTI and AW for extra self heals.
    Never ever ever ever use Light of Dawn in 10man unless people are going to drop dead in 1-2 seconds, it's a huge waste of your holy power and you should be saving up 5HP before the heavy aoe and using EF and Light's Hammer. The ticks also help stabilize the tank during those phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles1y3 View Post
    Like others have said, Holy shock on cd, get eternal flame and divine purpose. You must only spend at 3HP with DP as the the proc chance is reduced for 1HP and 2HP.
    Beacon also transfers 100% of Holy Light so I'd suggest not even using Divine Light, if you need to get people up faster that is what AW/DF/GoAK are for, rotate them efficiently, if the raid needs a lot of healing using AW or AW/DF with Light's Hammer for a massive amount hps.
    Using the 458 4p PVP set synergizes very well with DP and Eternal Flame spending(and saves so much mana).
    Mastery is more beneficial as it makes your holy lights that much more powerful, helps pick up the slack of low regen and spellpower.
    LoD is very lack luster and EF can easily out heal it in even a 25m environment, EF is also more beneficial to keeping players alive and with DP I've had 17 EF all ticking into the Beacon target.

For glyphs I always use Divinity, then atm have PoTI and AW for extra self heals.
    Never ever ever ever use Light of Dawn in 10man unless people are going to drop dead in 1-2 seconds, it's a huge waste of your holy power and you should be saving up 5HP before the heavy aoe and using EF and Light's Hammer. The ticks also help stabilize the tank during those phases.
    You're joking, right? telling someone not to use LoD is ridiculous. LoD glyphed is huge in 10 man. If you're spec'd into EF, then you'll be using it less, sure, but in no way would any hpally in their right mind tell someone not to use our top aoe heal. I usually try and keep 3 EF's ticking and then use LoD as much as possible and always top our charts.

LOD is superior on 25man stacking aoe healing fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluo View Post
    You're joking, right? telling someone not to use LoD is ridiculous. LoD glyphed is huge in 10 man. If you're spec'd into EF, then you'll be using it less, sure, but in no way would any hpally in their right mind tell someone not to use our top aoe heal. I usually try and keep 3 EF's ticking and then use LoD as much as possible and always top our charts.
    I agree with you LoD is still very very good in 10m but if you are killing your stats to use the 458 pvp 4set its best to use EF. Even then EF blows for burst damage.

well I did a quick 5man ruin last night with my new spec - still not sure what I am doing wrong though? My main healing this time was Illumination Healing; which makes sense actually since I reforged more for Mastery. I did notice though that my mana was A LOT better and did not go past actually 1/4 during most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    well I did a quick 5man ruin last night with my new spec - still not sure what I am doing wrong though? My main healing this time was Illumination Healing; which makes sense actually since I reforged more for Mastery. I did notice though that my mana was A LOT better and did not go past actually 1/4 during most fights.
    If u noticed those changes, what makes u think that ur doing anything wrong? But keep in mind that 5 man's aren't even a lil bit illustrative of 10/25man boss encounters