10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Robot Combat League

Anyone as excited for this show as I am? I have been waiting for something like this ever since Robot Wars was cancelled.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like one of those things that will either really suck or kick ass.
    I like sandwiches

Ive actually watched the first episode and it seriously kicked ass. I thought it was going to be a bust too but it was actually really entertaining. I cant wait for the next episode. Shit was awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tina2340 View Post
    Ive actually watched the first episode and it seriously kicked ass. I thought it was going to be a bust too but it was actually really entertaining. I cant wait for the next episode. Shit was awesome
    Huh? The series premier is Tuesday, how did you already see it?

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Huh? The series premier is Tuesday, how did you already see it?
    It premiers on syfy tonight but they have already put the first episode up on the syfy website and on hulu so I saw it on the website. It's pretty rad no lie. Check it out

how the hell can they call this "Robot" Combat League?
    these are more like rock 'em sock 'em robots instead of being actual robots.

i'll watch some, but as far as i see all they do is punch unlike the old Robot Wars\Battlebots that had actual weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty funny when that one tube came loose under the robot and yellow fluid came out. Made it look as if the robot was pissing himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordcanyon View Post
    how the hell can they call this "Robot" Combat League?
    these are more like rock 'em sock 'em robots instead of being actual robots.

i'll watch some, but as far as i see all they do is punch unlike the old Robot Wars\Battlebots that had actual weapons.
    So, because we don't have the technology to make the "reel steel" robots, these aren't real robots? go look up the definition of robot.

I thought it was pretty good. My problem was the same problem that comes with any TV show that has fight scenes; they use like 20 cameras and the guy with the switch camera button is going to town on that bad boy. They should just be using a couple of cameras so that you can switch the angle if the first one is obstructed, not to make it look more dramatic.

A couple of the people controlling the robots are actual fighters and I didn't think that would really make a difference, but when I saw the girl controlling Crash throw punching with out ever bending her arm I face palmed super hard, I can't believe they won.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought it was pretty awesome, especially the slow-mo shot when Crash nailed Iron Torpedo (I think that's it's name?) right in the elbow and snapped it in half.