Deleted

RIFT: The Easter Eggs and Popular Culture Thread

So this thread, is to compile a gian 'list' of all 'Easter Eggs' located in RIFT, these can be from Famous quotes to references to real life people to references to popular TV and culture, anyting you find, let me know and I'll add it here!

Accidently hit enter a bit to early on this one

<Under Construction Warning>

Zones~
    • The birds in IPP whistling Funkytown by Lipps Inc
    • Smelly Cat in Meridian - Friends Referance
    • The Shimmersand puzzle you can click on a skull that is called "Someone Who Chose Poorly" to reset it - Indiana Jones and the Holy Grail

Items~
    • Mudders Milk - Firefly Reference

Characters~

NPC's~
    • That little fishing village by Meridian where the villiagers belong to a cult that turns them into fish people called Deep Ones - HP Lovecraft (the Shadow over Innsmith)
    • One of the guards in in Gloamwood, "... you want to live forever?" - Conan the barbarian quote.
    • When an Invasion hits in Perspice some, NPC's run around in panic and Balty Redshroom yells "I don't have an App for that!" - Parodying the Famous apple saying "There is an App for everything"
    • The guardian npc camp in Gloamwood leading up to IPP is alien movies characters. They are all named after the marines from Aliens mostly. Off the top of my head - Ripely, Noot (Newt), Hubson (Hudson), Hecks (Hicks), and the soul healer is Ash.
    • In the Shimmersand Flatyard there's "a man who can get things" - Shawshank Redemption
    • Mai Nizzle

Quests~
    • The ghost trapping quest in Iron Tomb is titled "You are who they call", along with the mechanics of the quest itself- Ghostbusters reference
    • in the guardian starter zone there is a quest I ran into to kill 4 named ogres. Zap Hod Beeble and Brox. If you put all these names together in Sequence Zaphod beeblebrox is a reference to a charecter from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
    • There's a quest in Droughtlands called 'Dropping the Eth Bomb'
    • The Scotty Questline starts off with references to the American movie 'EuroTrip'

Achievements~
    • Infernal Dawn - [If you can Dodge a Wrench, you can Dodge a ball] - Dodgeball Quote
    • Cadeceus Rise - [5 Ascended, 1 Cup] Rather well known internet video for somewhat disturbing reasons...
    • PVP - [I want my 2 platinum], is a reference to the 80's movie "Better off Dead". There was a little kid on a bike who delivered papers and he was owed $2 by the main protagonist and would constantly chase him yelling "I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS! I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!".
    Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-11-08 at 04:51 PM.

I have definitely seen pop culture references in Rift, but I'm not sure that's what easter eggs are. Only one comes to mind at the moment, but the achievement "I want my 2 platinum" is a reference to the 80's movie "Better off Dead". There was a little kid on a bike who delivered papers and he was owed $2 by the main protagonist and would constantly chase him yelling "I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS! I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!".

The /chicken animation for all the races come from various Arrested Development characters

Edit for Seatin (not sure how to embed): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TphEh0Qgv0
    Last edited by Viantha; 2012-11-08 at 04:50 PM.

NPCs:

-A number of NPCs are named after the actors (and at least one proposed actor who didn't make it) in A Game of Thrones.
    -The Scotty storyline starts off with a nod to Eurotrip.

'Hidden' art:

-In Sanctum, there's at least one location where if you zoom in on the ground you can see ants milling about.
    -Near the apothecary trainer/vendor, I once (and only once) saw a spider dangle down from a thread then zip back up. Don't know if I was unwittingly on drugs at the time, as I've never seen another reference to it.

Deleted
    Just as a sidenote, if you could provide screenshots or video footage or links to pop culture regarding certain things it would be very useful and improve the quality of this thread ^^, I'm afraid the [5 Ascended, 1 Cup] link will however not be recieving a link.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Just as a sidenote, if you could provide screenshots or video footage or links to pop culture regarding certain things it would be very useful and improve the quality of this thread ^^, I'm afraid the [5 Ascended, 1 Cup] link will however not be recieving a link.
    Damn I really was looking forward to that one! ha OT this thread is shaping up rather nicely, Keep up the good work

Doesn't the water saga have like, 3 Trillion references?

I was just off the coast of freemarch and there was a tidelord there with 2 crab mobs with the names Hurdy and Gurdy.... which is a reference to the instrument and 1968 song.

There's also a cockroach named phil in the quest "A mad tea Party" - I'm not sure but it could be a reference to the bassist of the 1980's platinum selling Australian band. the quest itself is a reference to the tea party from Alice in Wonderland, ofc, and is, well, delightfully insane.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }