Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wonder if I can use it as a campfire like Little Rags.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    That works?! Hmm, will have to test my Searing Scorchling and Fel Flame pets then, too...
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to buy anymore pig shit items they toss at us mules to buy. The last thing i bought was the sparkle horse, and never again.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's kind of lame, you'd think that more would get bought (and in this case, more donations to the Red Cross) if you could buy them "secondhand" with your ingame gold. But, I reckon that's a conscious decision they made when setting it up.

I still wish you could trade gametime cards in game in WoW, though, and I don't see that happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    That would rule. I've actually toyed with buying baby Rags just to have a no-CD portable fire for cooking.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright... Normally I support charity work, no question.. But Blizzards move this time is outright, and utterly STUPID!

Why??
    Well, I quote, and put it in bold.
    Support the Red Cross’s Superstorm Sandy Response relief efforts and adopt a Cinder Kitten when this fiery feline arrives in the Blizzard Store later this year. Your support will enable the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, emotional support, and other assistance to survivors of disasters like Superstorm Sandy with 100% of the $10 USD adoption fee during this charity drive going toward this worthy cause.
    Dumb bags. those people need help NOW, not sometime down the road..

Now I understand the intention. But still, taking in consideration that the contribution is for anything down the road, just to bolster the Red Cross's funds.
    It's bullcrap to "advertise" it with the most actual disaster caused by Sandy.
    Blizzards has enough money to toss a few mil up to NJ, and should have enough resources to let this little booger lose in the game now...
    At least start a pre-sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Alright... Normally I support charity work, no question.. But Blizzards move this time is outright, and utterly STUPID!

Why??

Now I understand the intention. But still, taking in consideration that the contribution is for anything down the road, just to bolster the Red Cross's funds.
    Blizzards has enough money to toss a few mil up to NJ, and should have enough resources to let this little booger lose in the game now...
    I, too, am curious as to why the pet/donations aren't available right now, considering the uh... circumstances. It makes very little sense.

Why??

I also don't like this wording:

Your support will enable the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, emotional support, and other assistance to survivors of disasters like Superstorm Sandy with 100% of the $10 USD adoption fee during this charity drive going toward this worthy cause.
    The money will go to the Red Cross yea, but if you want to actually donate money that will get into the hands of people affected by Sandy or people/groups helping, Google for a charity related to it, not the RC.

(Not devaluing the RC, just saying immediate donations to the right groups would be better if you want your money to go to Sandy victims)
    Moo.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...

Why??

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I, too, am curious as to why the pet/donations aren't available right now, considering the uh... circumstances. It makes very little sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBoy2001 View Post
    I also don't like this wording:

The money will go to the Red Cross yea, but if you want to actually donate money that will get into the hands of people affected by Sandy or people/groups helping, Google for a charity related to it, not the RC.

(Not devaluing the RC, just saying immediate donations to the right groups would be better if you want your money to go to Sandy victims)
    You guys do realize it's going to take a few MONTHS to repair and recover from the hurricane, right? It won't happen over night and any help, even down the road(as in when 5.1 Patch goes live, duh) will still be going to the recovery effort.

Take off your tin foil hats, this isn't a conspiracy. I know it hurts to think, even a little bit, but try it a little before posting nonsense like this.

Deleted
    I was 50/50 on whether I wanted to buy it.....then to see it's for charity......can't resist now!

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    You guys do realize it's going to take a few MONTHS to repair and recover from the hurricane, right? It won't happen over night and any help, even down the road(as in when 5.1 Patch goes live, duh) will still be going to the recovery effort.

Take off your tin foil hats, this isn't a conspiracy. I know it hurts to think, even a little bit, but try it a little before posting nonsense like this.
    Not to mention the drama if pet is rushed and and some miniscule flaw is apparent that causes 6 months of rage threads demanding refunds, and bitter tears.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be getting 2 of them one for myself and one for a friend of mine. Not only is it going to a good cause but I love the mini pets.

I probably will, keep the receipt and claim it as a tax deduction next year.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably in a few 10$ isn't really a huge deal plus It's awesome looking :O

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    So who all like me are going to buy the Cinder Kitten! come on you all know you want too.
    what i want to know though is how big the pet is ingame either way ill buy it but i love it when my pets are big.

some of my favorite pets i barely use because you can hardly see them (fetish shaman, fox kit, hopling)

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 04:39 PM ----------

Why??

they cant sell the pet until 5.1 comes out
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    It's funny because nobody ever went on about how angelic Blizzard were until it was for a North American relief effort when the other pets also gave to charities.

Why??

They need to patch in the pet. Patch 5.1 isn't ready yet. Besides which, the pet was made well before Hurricane Sandy hit, which means they didn't make it knowing that it would be a charity pet. As for why it's the Cinder Kitten and not something already available for sale, the Cinder Kitten, being a pet that no-one has, is the one that's going to generate the maximum amount of revenue for the Red Cross. I will agree with you that they should be preselling the little guys, but the mess the hurricane left isn't going to be cleaned up overnight. If they're planning on getting that patch out in a month or two, there will still be plenty of things on the eastern seaboard for the Red Cross to spend the money on.

Deleted
    So if i don't buy one, i'm just misanthropist meanie?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    So if i don't buy one, i'm just misanthropist meanie?
    Nobody said that.

Why??

Death animation
    Fall animation
    Jump animation
    Run animation
    Sit animation
    Sleep animation
    Special Attack animation
    Stand animation
    Walk animation
    Battle pet ability development
    Battle pet ability animation (at max 6)
    QA testing
    Additional art assets

These things take time, what they had before was a picture, that's it. One, single picture to tease us. It most likely isn't done yet to actually release.

This is something people are BUYING. So they have to make sure that it's perfect before they SELL it or else millions of cry babies will demand refunds. Charity or not.

Wanna know why it's not out NOW? Because it's not done yet. This is a brand new model on a pet, not a reskin like the Cenarion Hippogryph was.

If I was in charge, I would've just reshaded Bananas and sold it as the relief pet, then sold the Cinder Kitten on the side when it was done.