Heart of Fear - Wind Lord Mel'jarak

So, Im playing boomkin on this fight, multi dotting, starfall and spamming hurricane, how do u maintain your mana? If I start using astral communion I lose dps

I put down mushrooms, pre-pot, starfall, starsurge, use all cooldowns, multi dot everything, spam hurricane, keep dots up on blademaster all the time to get my starsurge proc so I can get closer to a eclipse transitionso I can get more mana without using astral communion and continue spamming hurricane.

Am I doing it wrong or, would like some input

Edit: Im not re-applying dot on everyone because that is a dps loss instead if spamming hurricane

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 09:54 PM ----------

just downed it but there has to be a better way to maintain mana, spamming hurricane keeps me at the top but once I have to use astral communion I go wayy down ...this sucks
    Last edited by Saiteck; 2012-11-09 at 08:21 AM.

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

You should be able to sustain hurricane spamming long enough for one set of adds to die. After that it's not really worth hurricaning.

Using Astral Communion in a fight when you could be attacking is one of the worst things you could possibly be doing. If you're getting that low on mana that you need to hit a new eclipse state soon, hard cast to it, don't channel Astral Communion. Even if that means you have to do 1 less hurricane, DO NOT use Astral Communion.

Ok, thanks for reply.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 09:47 AM ----------

should I re-apply dots on all the adds after the first one's expired or just spam hurricane?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarisan View Post
    Ok, thanks for reply.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 09:47 AM ----------

should I re-apply dots on all the adds after the first one's expired or just spam hurricane?
    why even spam hurricane? i get more DPS out when i just spam moonfire / sunfire depending on what eclipse im on.I do pull like this: Start with allmost at lunar eclipse (1cast away) Pre pot, Starfall , wrath , CD's , Dots, Starsurge, Starfall, Use Starsurge on CD, Go out from Eclipse activate it again with the CD, Starfall, Spam starfire /starsurge and keep dots up.

On multitarget: same as before but now i leave single target nukes out and replace them with Moonfire since im now in lunar eclipse. And use starsurge only when instant proc and try to keep dots on all targets if possible. Starfall on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by sepfire View Post
    why even spam hurricane? i get more DPS out when i just spam moonfire / sunfire depending on what eclipse im on.I do pull like this: Start with allmost at lunar eclipse (1cast away) Pre pot, Starfall , wrath , CD's , Dots, Starsurge, Starfall, Use Starsurge on CD, Go out from Eclipse activate it again with the CD, Starfall, Spam starfire /starsurge and keep dots up.

On multitarget: same as before but now i leave single target nukes out and replace them with Moonfire since im now in lunar eclipse. And use starsurge only when instant proc and try to keep dots on all targets if possible. Starfall on CD.
    Hurricane is going to be higher dps until a set of adds die.