Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Question the most comfortable video game controller ever made

the most comfortable video game controller ever made?

GO! The Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows for me! this is the most Comffy controller ever made. I also like the first xbox controller but i guess people thought it was too big.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It felt a little awkward at first, but once I got used to it my old Sega Genesis controller (specially designed or fighting games) felt very comfortable

The NES!

But in seriousness, the Wii with the soft rubber "case" on the controller or the Xbox 360 of the ones I've tried.

BEST: SNES Turbo controller.
    Worst: N64

Deleted
    Razer Onza for me

10+ Year Old Account
    While not QUITE a controller, I find http://www.belkin.com/uk/p/P-F8GFPC200 to be utterly fantastic.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

The Xbox 360 controller.

my 2 long loves joystick wise that will never return that feel again.

#1 Konix joystick i used on my old commodore 64/128

#2 nintendo NES joystick (not the pad) so many years of beating on it and playin games.
    oh how i miss the nes advantage:

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant stand the 360 controller, makes my hand ache if ive been playing on it for a while. Definately playstation controllers for me.

Edit: Having said that i hold my controller wierdly whenever im playing fighting games anyway, i play it more like a fight stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    While not QUITE a controller, I find http://www.belkin.com/uk/p/P-F8GFPC200 to be utterly fantastic.
    I realise this is taste and comfort, and I'm not trying to argue against your taste or comfort, but personally, I haven't found a gamepad comfortable at all to me. I'm glad it's working for you

The GameCube controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I've been curious about it. only stayed away from most pads because they aren't very good for movement (can't really move diagnally very well and be kicking off buttons (i have a cheaper one that i can't really swap directions easly so i just gave up on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been a while, but as I remember it, the GameCube had a controller that worked great for me. The PS3 also has a controller that's quite good.

My hands cramp up when I use an Xbox 360 controller. : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I realise this is taste and comfort, and I'm not trying to argue against your taste or comfort, but personally, I haven't found a gamepad comfortable at all to me. I'm glad it's working for you
    Im using the nostramo which is identical, it took me a while to get used to but now i dont even think about it, guess its just the right shape for my hands. I have big hands. That said ive only used it on wow so far, not sure how it would be on other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    GameCube basic wired controller

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    N64 controler GO!

I loved this controler, I have not had a more comfortable controler since =(

I've always like the Sega Genesis 6 button controller, the PS1/2/3 controller would be a close 2nd.

Off the top of my head, contollers that sucked:

Atari anything
    Wii-motes
    colecovision
    xbox / 360
    Nes Advantage
    Sega 3 button
    TurboGrafx-16

360 controller just feels right in my hands to be honest. Perfect weight with 2 AA batteries too. I hate controllers that are light as a feather.

Deleted
    n64 was awesome