Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You wouldn't happen to be posting this from work by any chance would you?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1269265432.jpg

Seriously -_-. I'd have fired you tbh.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-09 at 12:19 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    I know man, but like I said, we had a lot of downtime in the last months. I was doing my job fine. You must be carful with Internet at work, it's the only thing I have to say.
    I'm sorry...I'll come across as a jerk for asking this, but, is comon sense something you know about ? Considering your JOB is NOT a Hobby........You shouldn't surf the web for your hobbies at WORK.......I know...I know...logic is hard to understand sometimes...

At work, during downtime...Read the news....Read about politics...You know...Grown up stuff.....And you'll NEVER have a problem.

Was here to suggest the thread title was misleading, but the OP's already apologized for that. So...

Are you sure you weren't unduly suspended because of your Latino heritage, Sñr. Montoya?

OP: should of used your smart phone to surf the web instead.

They're building a file to fire you "with cause" at some future point. Start looking for a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    Was here to suggest the thread title was misleading, but the OP's already apologized for that. So...

Are you sure you weren't unduly suspended because of your Latino heritage, Sñr. Montoya?
    You killed my father prepare to die.

(I don't like where this thread is going, but brb popcorn)

The only thing more terrifying than people feeling the need to constantly monitor what their workers are doing, is the fact that so many people here seem to think it's ok. It seems like something I should pity. Where I worked we were never monitored I read forums, watch youtube videos and played minesweeper during downtime. I still did a very satisfactory job, and when I left I got a letter of recomendation signed by the CEO of the company. It's this terrifying notion that if you're at work you should just suffer through it all. If there is nothing to do god forbid you read some forums or watch a youtube video, you better stare at that wall untill your eyes bleed. Because if you are anything but miserable at work, you should get fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    They're building a file to fire you "with cause" at some future point. Start looking for a new job.
    Oh yeah, I know that. But the problem is that I really really like this job. And it pays well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Internet is something new for the managers. This is something they can control because they have access to your log. For them, when you're on Internet, you steal time from the company. If I was just doing nothing and talking with the other guys, I would not be suspended.
    Use the mobile internet cards. 1 of my friends always takes a laptop with himself (he has a internet card in it--not good for playing but good for surfing) and when he has a downtime he simply uses laptop for browsing. Managers cant check you like this.

(his excuse is that he used 2 computers too run 1 program and the other program on the job 1)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Explosions View Post
    The 90% of you bitching at the OP for a misleading title? Before I even read the post I knew what he was talking about. The title isn't misleading you all just aren't very bright.
    That's exactly what I was thinking lol. Either these people need to take a common sense class or learn to loosen their panties a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    At work, during downtime...Read the news....Read about politics...You know...Grown up stuff.....And you'll NEVER have a problem.
    That is horrible advice. If your work has a policy against surfing the web, your idea that your hobbies are more mature, does not change the policy. Grown up stuff would mean following the policy, not finding more mature ways to violate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    The only thing more terrifying than people feeling the need to constantly monitor what their workers are doing, is the fact that so many people here seem to think it's ok. It seems like something I should pity. Where I worked we were never monitored I read forums, watch youtube videos and played minesweeper during downtime. I still did a very satisfactory job, and when I left I got a letter of recomendation signed by the CEO of the company. It's this terrifying notion that if you're at work you should just suffer through it all. If there is nothing to do god forbid you read some forums or watch a youtube video, you better stare at that wall untill your eyes bleed. Because if you are anything but miserable at work, you should get fired!
    All my evaluations are A+. We have a new general manager since 8 months and it seems he is crazy about Internet. They recorded my monitor for 3 days and 15% of the time I was on Internet.

Yes, I can only blame myself, but I made this OP to warn people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking lol. Either these people need to take a common sense class or learn to loosen their panties a bit.
    but i thought there was an opportunity to make myself look awesome and smart by slamming somebody! i had to take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    That is horrible advice. If your work has a policy against surfing the web, your idea that your hobbies are more mature, does not change the policy. Grown up stuff would mean following the policy, not finding more mature ways to violate it.
    Very true, I was reading r/politics

Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    Man that is a misleading headline, there. You mean you almost lost your job because you were using company time to browse on the internet, lol
    Really? Because that's exactly what I got from reading the title.

What do people think he meant? The internet came to life, kicked down the door to his office and forced his boss to fire him or he'd fry him to death with bolts of internet lightning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's a commonly known fact that you don't do private things on work computers. Save that for when you're at home. Try to find something work-related to do in your downtime, like cleaning and organizing your area. You really have to be careful because they can and do track all of your activities.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

All my evaluations are A+. We have a new general manager since 8 months and it seems he is crazy about Internet. They recorded my monitor for 3 days and 15% of the time I was on Internet.

Yes, I can only blame myself, but I made this OP to warn people.
    Wich just means he is a terrible manager, and an awful company to boot. To be honest if there is actual downtime, wich there is in every single job that uses computers the employees you should be allowed to spend that time doing whatever the hell they feel like. That makes them happy, that makes them work harder, that means you get more money. I wonder how many studies need to show that happy workers are good workers before these companies gets the hint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    It's a commonly known fact that you don't do private things on work computers. Save that for when you're at home. Try to find something work-related to do in your downtime, like cleaning and organizing your area. You really have to be careful because they can and do track all of your activities.
    The thing is, too many people post from work, for people to feel it's safe. It's a good warning... I post from work, but that's because it's within the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    Wich just means he is a terrible manager, and an awful company to boot. To be honest if there is actual downtime, wich there is in every single job that uses computers the employees you should be allowed to spend that time doing whatever the hell they feel like. That makes them happy, that makes them work harder, that means you get more money. I wonder how many studies need to show that happy workers are good workers before these companies gets the hint.
    To be honest, I on't think he's a terrible manager. I also really like my company. They were expecting more about me because they know I can do almost everything.