Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    If you're comfortable taking other peoples comments with no proof that's fine, but I like convincing myself of things before accepting things as fact.
    Considering that one person is a moderator of these forums and another has a significant, non lie-filled post history I will take them at their word. This isn't a political platform or the matrix. We don't have to question everything.

Also, eye witness testiomnies are used in a court of law even if there isn't video evidence available. The legal system may not be perfect, but I would assume if governments approve their use I am no wiser to question their validity as a source.

Deleted
    As usual Kitty and HK-51 agreeing with themselves as they are ALWAYS right.

All of those videos are pre 1.1 when the ability delay fixes were done. I was asking for more recent proof as the complaints are much less than before and as I don't get the problem I and many others had assumed it was fixed.

If you're comfortable taking other peoples comments with no proof that's fine, but I like convincing myself of things before accepting things as fact.
    The complaints are a lot less than before. The recent patch (1.4) caused some nasty problems and unfixed some things that had previously been fixed. Example: I never suffered any ability delay on any of my 8 classes...until patch 1.4 when my Trooper's Grav Round got infected. The problem is not widespread at all but it does affect some people and those people find it bloody annoying (well, I do).

I experience skill delay on my juggernaut the most which is once every 10 fights with him where ravage will animate but no bar and the skill didnt go on cooldown or an ability I pressed and got the global cooldown but the actual ability didn't go off. It also happens on my sorc but much more rarely. Of course it may be on my end since I have a nostromo and naga with macros set up in them. But it does not affect my maurader which has the most macros set up on him. Anyway yes ability delay is still around just not nearly as noticable or prevalent as it used to be.
    Is that your blood?
    Some of it, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    The complaints are a lot less than before. The recent patch (1.4) caused some nasty problems and unfixed some things that had previously been fixed. Example: I never suffered any ability delay on any of my 8 classes...until patch 1.4 when my Trooper's Grav Round got infected. The problem is not widespread at all but it does affect some people and those people find it bloody annoying (well, I do).
    If you don't trust me, Jalek. You can trust Jamos.

He spent 150 dollars a month of SWG. I don't think anyone here can come close to claiming his level of fandom.

Its a weird problem that is way better than it use to be. Like I said several times, its being fixed. Its just stubborn.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I'm not doubting those that say it does happen, but I'm concerned with people overstating the prevalence of it. Early in this thread one person said it can't be fixed and one of the next post was some guy uninstalling based on possible misinformation.

I also wanted to see a vid to see if it's as bad as it was originally or reproducible. Everyone knows bugs that aren't easily reproduced are nasty to try and address.

I think most people will agree that it is a lot better than launch and except for possible 1.4 bugs has largely been addressed.

I'm not doubting those that say it does happen, but I'm concerned with people overstating the prevalence of it. Early in this thread one person said it can't be fixed and one of the next post was some guy uninstalling based on possible misinformation.

I also wanted to see a vid to see if it's as bad as it was originally or reproducible. Everyone knows bugs that aren't easily reproduced are nasty to try and address.

I think most people will agree that it is a lot better than launch and except for possible 1.4 bugs has largely been addressed.
    Yeah, I told that guy he was wrong, along with a couple other posters. Also, Alree, Jamos, and I have been pretty clear that its a specific population and its intermittent.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I am in the same boat James, I had never ever experienced this problem at all before until this past weekend. It's why it caught me off guard so much.

Also, and a more general comment, like I said before it seems to happen randomly and as yet I haven't figured out anything I can do to reliably make it happen. Still working on it (because that's the weird OCD type person I am) but no luck so far. Also like I mentioned before, it doesn't happen constantly either. I mostly only noticed it because it resulted in me dying a few times when I was solo'ing a heroic +2 quest.

I'll try out my trooper then because still, so far I never encountered it on any class and I'm playing 11 characters...

OT:

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    If you don't trust me, Jalek. You can trust Jamos.

He spent 150 dollars a month of SWG. I don't think anyone here can come close to claiming his level of fandom.
    wait..... what? he must have had like 10 accounts or something?

If you really want to see the ability delay play a BH arsenal merc and try the terror from beyond encounter in phase 2. That is where it hits me the most especially after moving to a new platform. That and occassionally I still get the phantom skill activation problem usually with an instant cast followed by say Unload channel. Hate it when it starts the unload animation gives me the GCD and I sit there doing nothing while I wait for the GCD to go away. Didn't BW claim to have fixed all this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    OP just wanted someone to affirm his decision to bail out after the free month with the rest of the content locusts.
    Just wanted to join the negativity bandwagon I guess. Personally, I haven't seen any ability delay since 1.1. That being said I can only say that for sure on my 50s, marauder(all specs are fine), merc(bodyguard) has no issues, and my vanguard(assault) has none. I have most other ACs in the mid 20s, but might not have the abilities in question yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    If you really want to see the ability delay play a BH arsenal merc and try the terror from beyond encounter in phase 2. That is where it hits me the most especially after moving to a new platform. That and occassionally I still get the phantom skill activation problem usually with an instant cast followed by say Unload channel. Hate it when it starts the unload animation gives me the GCD and I sit there doing nothing while I wait for the GCD to go away. Didn't BW claim to have fixed all this stuff?
    I have had an Arsenal Merc as my main since launch. I have cleared every raid, and we are 3/5 on Heroic TFB. I have never experienced a delay.

Just sayin

The game plays fine.