Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[Movies] World War Z

first off, i loved the book.

second, just saw the trailer that came out today and it looks a really action packed. not sure how this relates to the book, but meh.. still gonna check it out.

Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Deleted
    that looks bad.
    but rejoice, someone is working on a better version.

Those don't even look like zombies.

Meh. I'll keep an open mind until I see more trailers, but right now it's not doin it for me. I guess my expectations were too high.

I was hoping it would be good but after seeing CGI zombies I'm rather dissappointed, but I still see it having potential.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice, an actual bloodthirsty horde of zombies. At least it's getting a few points right, will be checking this out for sure.

Wowsers, that looks bad. It's not even like WWZ. It's just a generic zombie movie with a popular title to attract an audience. They couldn't even give it an attractive trailer.

Lame. The book was excellent. The interview format of the book would have lent itself to the big screen so well, too.

Why even use the same name? It's literally in no way related to Max Brooks's novel except for the involvement of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Lame. The book was excellent. The interview format of the book would have lent itself to the big screen so well, too.

Why even use the same name? It's literally in no way related to Max Brooks's novel except for the involvement of zombies.
    A zombie movie centred around movies? You can't be serious. The book was amazing but a movie needs to be different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrield View Post
    A zombie movie centred around movies? You can't be serious. The book was amazing but a movie needs to be different.
    No, they could have done it like a part documentary, District 9 was an excellent example of how to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were going to follow one story line it should've been Todd Wainio, hell they could have even gotten Mark Hamill to play him, the guy fucking rocked the audio book version of that character.

I'll keep an open mind and I'm sure I'll see it regardless, but man... watching the trailer was kinda a kick in the nuts.

What's with Zack sprinting and climbing all over the place.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-11-09 at 05:56 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Can they really portray Yonkers well with fast sprinting zombies?

the hell? this trailer completely sucks. i hope the movie turns out better ;/

15+ Year Old Account
    Mixed feelings about this. Will probably see it anyways.

What. the. deuce? Didn't even look like a horde of zombies. Looked like all the zombies are just mangled together and sliding around like a freaking snake. Damn zombies in the book were classic walkers, not these fast ones.

Brad Pitt. Zombies. World apocalypse.

I'm sold!

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be waiting for Netflix... no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not keen for this at all.
    Sick of Zombie films, let alone bad look ones.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I had hopes for it, but it looks like they ruined it, may as well not used the WWZ license and name.

For it to have been done right it should have been picked up by HBO and made into a series of about 10-15 hour long eps each telling a story progressing along the line of the book with the last few eps going back to the characters for closure.

Was excited, but after watching that trailer I'm not. "I am legend", horrible CG zombies? No thanks.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8