Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That looks almost unimaginably bad.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    They look like the sick people from I Am Legend. This movie shouldn't even be named after the book since i've read it and this movie is completely different. I understand they wanna milk the cash cow but goddamn, way to ruin the reputation of a good book. Now people who have never read the book will look at this movie and think the book is complete shit. Even if this movie wasn't named after the book i probably still wouldn't go see it since it just doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Those don't even look like zombies.
    I agreed with you and i think Warm Bodies will be the best zombie movie and you can watch its trailer on youtube.

youtu.be/mRG1uZzyP-E

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaceycarter View Post
    I agreed with you and i think Warm Bodies will be the best zombie movie and you can watch its trailer on youtube.

youtu.be/mRG1uZzyP-E

youre kidding right? its just a rip-off of Colin

And please leave the damn mythic/aliens/monsters alone..

I think we had enough of sparkly 400 year old pedo vampires with emotions from Twilight leave the damn zombie alone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MossEs View Post
    youre kidding right? its just a rip-off of Colin

And please leave the damn mythic/aliens/monsters alone..

I think we had enough of sparkly 400 year old pedo vampires with emotions from Twilight leave the damn zombie alone
    Dude its a comedy/feelgood family movie

read the book, and looks like it is not going to be like it much at all.

[Movies] World War Z

So I picked up the book a few weeks ago and loved every minute of it. Now I see that they are making a blockbuster film out of it! It stars Brad Pitt and I think it looks amazing. Be warned to the book readers, it doesn't actually follow the book and skip to different peoples experiences.

Anyways, what do you guys think of this. I think it may end up being the best apocalypse/zombie movie to date if done well!

will be epic

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidog View Post
    will be epic
    Looks awesome. Insane super ex-human zombies.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't read the book so I think I will enjoy the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie looks like it has absolutely nothing to do with the book, including a departure in the zombie type (they seem far too nimble and quick compared the the shuffling WWZ book zombie).

Basically this might be a fun movie, but it will lack any of the emotional depth, self examination, or cultural and societal critique of the book. So it will be a shallow thrill ride, but nothing special. All it will share with the book is the name, which is truly unfortunate.

I really enjoyed the book, but I wonder how they're going to make the format work for a movie. (I know the o.p. stated they won't use the format, so I wonder how the story will be presented). It will probably be either really good or pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The movie looks like it has absolutely nothing to do with the book, including a departure in the zombie type (they seem far too nimble and quick compared the the shuffling WWZ book zombie).

Basically this might be a fun movie, but it will lack any of the emotional depth, self examination, or cultural and societal critique of the book. So it will be a shallow thrill ride, but nothing special. All it will share with the book is the name, which is truly unfortunate.
    Well if they followed the book it would make a pretty slow movie that many would have trouble keeping up with. Also no where in the book did I read that the zombies were the slow "arrrg I will eat your brains" type. If that were the case then people would have had less trouble with them and it wouldn't have happened on such a massive scale. They were described as acting like someone with severe rabies, the 28 Days Later style of zombie, from how I took it.

As for your other points I do agree but who knows, this is a trailer meant to grab peoples attention. If they just threw a bunch of politicians arguing over what not to do in the crisis people probably wouldn't be bothered watching it. The movie itself may have a lot of focus on different aspects of the book.

Personally I will be more entertained by them taking everyone's descriptions of what happened during WWZ and showing it from a single perspective. I could see this movie being another Babel if they followed the book too closely and that movie was a confused jumble of crap.
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2013-01-15 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    Looks waaaay too CGI focused, it just looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Looks waaaay too CGI focused, it just looks ridiculous.
    Is there any other way to show masses of millions of zombies? I don't know how else they would show it. Remember this is World War not just some zombie flick like Resident Evil with a few dozen hanging around. Not to put any spoilers out there but the book describes hordes of millions of them in every major city. The meter in the trailer gives an idea of what I mean when its shows billions dead.

Also since when is CGI a bad thing?

I read the book a few times and have listened to the audio book.

Seeing this trailer for the first time I thought "WTF.... This is gonna suck a fat one"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Is there any other way to show masses of millions of zombies? I don't know how else they would show it. Remember this is World War not just some zombie flick like Resident Evil with a few dozen hanging around. Not to put any spoilers out there but the book describes hordes of millions of them in every major city. The meter in the trailer gives an idea of what I mean when its shows billions dead.

Also since when is CGI a bad thing?
    There are ways to display it without the zombies literally forming waves. It is literally the stupidest effect I have ever seen. And CGI can be a bad thing if it isn't used well. The Star Wars prequels are the preeminent example. 98% of those movies is nothing but CGI and it completely destroys the atmosphere and realism. Some of the CGI effects in this movie look like they literally took the most default tsunami wave effect that you see in dozens of movie and just painted zombies over it. It looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Well if they followed the book it would make a pretty slow movie that many would have trouble keeping up with. Also no where in the book did I read that the zombies were the slow "arrrg I will eat your brains" type. If that were the case then people would have had less trouble with them and it wouldn't have happened on such a massive scale. They were described as acting like someone with severe rabies, the 28 Days Later style of zombie, from how I took it.

As for your other points I do agree but who knows, this is a trailer meant to grab peoples attention. If they just threw a bunch of politicians arguing over what not to do in the crisis people probably wouldn't be bothered watching it. The movie itself may have a lot of focus on different aspects of the book.

Personally I will be more entertained by them taking everyone's descriptions of what happened during WWZ and showing it from a single perspective. I could see this movie being another Babel if they followed the book too closely and that movie was a confused jumble of crap.
    It describes zombie all throughout the freaking book, plus the survival guide (same author) supports the same thing. They're the slow shamblers. And you clearly did not read the book at all if you say they would've had less trouble with them.

Deleted
    Seems pretty good I guess lol, atleast to get scared and some kind of action.

I've been planing on getting the book but I have no idea if it's good or not, need to check that out.

[Movies] World War Z

just seen it, not the epic ppl were hoping for but nowhere near as bad as the so called film critics have made it out to be - bit more of a story to it than the usual zombie films, but not that much, enjoyable and its probably one of those films where u wont really miss anything by waiting for the blue-ray but at the same time you'll feel like you missed something if u don't watch it on the big screen