Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry All hail Windows 7!

who else had fun re installing windows 7. From that abomination we call windows 8!

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    who else had fun re installing windows 7. From that abomination we call windows 8!

Way to give Windows8 a chance. It's way better.

I'm dual booting Ubuntu (Precise) and Win8.

I can't decide which is more awesome.

Its meh so far imo. Dont see a real good reason to upgrade yet.

@OP: Every reasonable person has had ample warning that Windows 8 suck for PC gamers. At overclock.net, there is currently a thirty page thread or so, wherein PC gamers say they won't buy or upgrade to Windows 8 and will stick with WIndows 7.

Even completely clueless people (e.g. my grandmother) must have eventually suspected that there is good reason that people willing to spend thousands of dollars on PC equipment just to gain 2 FPS, are saying that Windows 8 is garbage and spending one's money on it is a ripoff.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... I'll wait for the next one.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never got win 8 in the first place. I knew it would be shit long before it came out.

Windows 8 is made for systems with touchscreen interaction. Installing it on a regular system is like going for crit on an affliction warlock. It kinda works, but it's suboptimal. And some folks feel it should therefore be avoided.

I'll be enjoying W8 on my laptop, with start button, using the desktop, not looking at metro and having a smoother experience.

I find it funny how it seems the far majority of people who have bought it (such as myself), say its great, but the people who dont have it, hate it.

Sure, there are the occasional few such as the OP that hate it, but I'm loving windows 8 and I do believe its worth the upgrade. I was alienated by the start menu at first (like 3 days), but it does have the same functionality, just type and it will search. Thats all people really used the old one for anyway right?

Here's hoping the steam linux beta goes well!

But yeah, every other version of windows sucks, that's pretty well established.

Deleted
    windows 8 = kid eats starburst sweets and drinks some sunny delight then pukes it on the floor

Deleted
    You are just slow at adapting to new things. Windows 8 is great, not seeing any issues with gaming or whatever. The new start menu is actually useful now, and it's good that Microsoft are not trying to be an Apple clone.

What's funny is, I ended up getting it for free from work, so I reluctantly installed it at home just for the hell of it. I figured many wife, who is totally clueless when it comes to anything related to computers, would hate it and would just reinstall Win 7 anyway. She freaked out going from Office 2007 to 2010, the ribbon was too much. Last night she tells me she loves it! She thinks it's easier to use than Win 7.

There you go, that's the demographic that will make it a success IMHO.

Windows 8 is not terrible as such. It's just that it's a tablet interface pasted on top of a Windows 7, so... might as well stick with Windows 7.

That said, it has multi-screen taskbars natively, so I haven't bothered booting up on Win7 for more than a month now. Got used to losing the start menu after a couple of weeks anyway. I just made a link to the Program Files folder and stick it where the start icon used to be on the task bar.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZero View Post
    Its meh so far imo. Dont see a real good reason to upgrade yet.
    I/O speed - End of story.

My brain cannot comprehend how anyone could hate the Metro UI.

A) You don't HAVE to use it

B) Metro is fucking awesome

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I find it funny how it seems the far majority of people who have bought it (such as myself), say its great, but the people who dont have it, hate it.
    How do you know that? Also a good explanation is that people who don't like it, aren't gonna buy it.

Thats all people really used the old one for anyway right?
    For some.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You are just slow at adapting to new things. Windows 8 is great, not seeing any issues with gaming or whatever. The new start menu is actually useful now, and it's good that Microsoft are not trying to be an Apple clone.
    Say what? I don't use Windows 8 at all and haven't even looked at it but from everything I've seen heard (even from MS themselves) is that it's geared towards tablets, especially hardware controlled by MS. You know, exactly what Apple has been doing for 5 years since the first iPhone (and their proprietary hardware thing goes back to the 70s).

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally WTFed out loud when I installed windows 8. I want my damn start menu! I'm still not used too it.