10+ Year Old Account

Initial Doom application Macro question

So, this here has made me HATE Demo since 5.0 launched: The initial application of Doom, tapping in and out of Meta for a single GCD.

Option 1: The one I tried at first: Manual
    Bind Meta to a single key, hit Meta-Corruption-Meta to get it off. Works just fine. Now, in combat. Finishing a Shadowbolt, mashing keys like you do: Oops, Meta both activated and canceled due to buttonmashing, and being on 10s CD! Not buttonmashing = losing a little bit of DPS waiting a tiny bit after every keypress of meta checking if that one went through (since it isn't on GCD, but can't be casted during a cast-time spell), and only casting Corruption (Doom) after it transformed, and manually changing back during the GCD. Clunky, to say the least. Big dislike.

Option 2: Macros!
    Demo sticky guide says nicely "Make a macro to cast Meta, cast Doom, and remove Meta". Awesome! Just what I need. But awww, no Macro included. Let me google that for me! Nope, nothing, noppes, nada. Well, I know that you need to use "Corruption" in a macro to get Doom when meta is active, all I need, RIGHT?
    Attempt 2a, from sticky page 7:
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /cast Corruption
    /cancelaura Metamorphosis
    Great on it's own. Not in combat. With according to the blizzard UI about 30 MS, and according to quartz about 150 MS (go figure the difference), when spamming this macro right after a Shadowbolt it produces a nice Corruption. Sure, when waiting until Shadow Bolt cast completely finishes, and then mashing this a sec, Doom. When mashing this starting at .5 seconds before Shadow Bolt finishes: Corruption. Really annoying, and considering I mash my buttons A LOT, this will most likely cause me to be stuck with the same result as not macro'd. I hate having to babysit my spells, if I have to watch my castbar closely to get into the lag-part (the red part of quartz for example), but can't watch other stuff, I don't consider that doing my rotation effectively at all.
    Attempt 2b:
    /castsequence Metamorphosis, Corruption, Metamorphosis
    The reset value can be added in of course, but the idea was good right? Metamorphosis button works much like Ice Block, so telling a macro to cast it twice should cancel it again, right? Well, no actually. This macro transforms you into Meta, casts Doom, keeps you into meta, and keeps you casting Doom every 3 presses or GCD, whichever is slower.

So, my question is: Can someone hand me a failsafe macro for Doom. Simply having a X that when you /cast X cancels Meta would be fine, as I could castsequence it, but at the moment, cancelaura seems a way too unstable. This Meta clunkyness is the sole reason for shoving aside Demo really ("Let's make it so that it can't be pressed while casting, but if you hit the button twice as soon as it DOES become available, it will instantly cancel and go on a 10s cooldown. A cooldown upon de-activating, and not a .5s cooldown upon activating or something >.<.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

/castsequence reset=3 Metamorphosis, Corruption

Tested this in a city then in a LFR seems to be doing fine. It will also refresh corruption if u press the button after canceling meta but before 3 seconds is up.

Edit: Turns out that doesn't work after casting an instant spell.

/castsequence Metamorphosis, Doom

Works under all conditions.
    Last edited by Deathbot; 2012-11-09 at 04:27 PM.

shift-1,1,shift-1 works fine for me .. but i have a diffrent rota at start anyway ^^
    windlord of shit (boss 4 in HOF) is kinda pain in the ass for demo though .. but atleast i do 300k at the beginning under the 650k tank -.-^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbot View Post
    /castsequence reset=3 Metamorphosis, Corruption

Tested this in a city then in a LFR seems to be doing fine. It will also refresh corruption if u press the button after canceling meta but before 3 seconds is up.
    Point for me is, for some reason, if I weave that in right after a Shadowbolt, and mash the button a bit, it does the exact same as that first macro, and the /cancelaura takes effect before the second part of the castsequence starts... Is there perhaps a way to make the /cancelaura forced to only happen after a castsequence?

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 02:33 PM ----------

Okay, well, nevermind that suddenly... I tried this macro with a different reset=X (I even still had it on my bars) last night. Didn't work then. Guess what? Totally works with the reset=3 for some reason...

Thanks for making me revisit that one, turns out it works rather well apparantly, just hoping it doesn't suddenly fail me during raids, as I could've sworn it didn't work 50% of the time yesterday :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    shift-1,1,shift-1 works fine for me .. but i have a diffrent rota at start anyway ^^
    windlord of shit (boss 4 in HOF) is kinda pain in the ass for demo though .. but atleast i do 300k at the beginning under the 650k tank -.-^^
    Finding the correct keybind for Meta was something I was struggling with, but now I found a fellow 1Corr/shift1Meta, I guess it's probably not a highly inefficient setup :P Have yet to raid with it obviously tho.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.

shift 1 meta
    shift 2 18k mastery
    shift 3 2nd pet
    shift f soulfire
    alt shift f mount
    alt f nonflymount
    alt t 40% deff cd
    did i mentioned that i like shift and alt?

tested it with the makro and just make it more complace for me since i don't realy wana press doom everytime i go in meta and i may misklick it
    then again because of shift i don't end up spamming it most of the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, ANOTHER update: That macro doesn't work after a non-casttime spell if you press it too fast, due to Demo activating and de-activating still on GCD before Corruption can be cast >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    /cast [stance:0] Metamorphosis

You can mash this until the cows come home, it will put you in Meta but wont bring you out of it. For that, use:

/cancelaura Metamorphosis or /cast [stance:2] Metamorphosis

These will bring you out, but will do nothing if you're not in Meta.

Okay, this means having two buttons bound, but it's easily the most efficient way I've found of toggling between stances.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-11-09 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    /cast [stance:0] Metamorphosis

You can mash this until the cows come home, it will put you in Meta but wont bring you out of it. For that, use:

/cancelaura Metamorphosis or /cast [stance:2] Metamorphosis

These will bring you out, but will do nothing if you're not in Meta.

Okay, this means having two buttons bound, but it's easily the most efficient way I've found of toggling between stances.
    Hmm, but I guess I should assume a macro like suggested in the demo sticky, that is failsafe, doesn't actually exist? Wish I could somehow incorporate those stance requirements into a castsequence macro, considering doing a normal /cast metamorphosis doesn't cancel meta...

The only-activate/deactivate macros are pretty helpful tho, just gotta free up a keybind for it. Even if I had a failsafe macro for doom, that one is pretty neat for everything else.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 03:13 PM ----------

Okay, turns out /cast Metamorphosis DOES work, but only about 2 seconds after activating meta at first...
    Would that mean that without a cancelaura macro, you'd always have to weave in a Touch of Chaos before resuming normal rotation?

You're right, casting an instant spell before using the previous macro doesn't work. Did some testing and you're going to love how simple this is:

That's it, you're done. Works after cast time spells and after instant spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbot View Post
    You're right, casting an instant spell before using the previous macro doesn't work. Did some testing and you're going to love how simple this is:

That's it, you're done. Works after cast time spells and after instant spells.
    Yeah, I think it will have to come down to using this macro next to a /cancelform macro (turns out that saves a lot of time typing, does the exact same as /cancelaura < name of buff of the form >), just a bit annoying that it comes down to needing 4 keybinds instead of the 2 that manual needs (normal meta + normal corr + macro meta>doom + macro cancelform)...

Sorry for the late reply I only play my lock once a week and I forgot all about this thread. If you press the button for

3 times, you'll go in to meta, cast doom, then leave meta. You dont need 2 buttons, this macro does everything required.

my macro
    #showtooltip metamorphosis
    /cast metamorphosis
    /cast doom

For my cancel macro to get out of meta is macro'd into Hand of Gul'dan
    #showtooltip hand of gul'dan
    /cancelaura metamorphosis
    /cast hand of gul'dan