Poll: Is Garrosh a suitable Leader?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Thats not really how it went down.

Cairne didnt go to Org to talk Garrosh out of anything, he went to punish him.
    He was pissed the fuck off that his pet-project of re-establishing trade routes was ruined and his good friend was bleeding to death somwhere, and he knew exactly who to vent his anger on

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 05:27 AM ----------

care to explain a little more? lol
    and guess who was tricked into taking his anger out on the wrong person... and died for it

twilight cult: 1
    carine: 0

I've never been fond of Garrosh for a lot of reasons. Perhaps the biggest being he so quickly went from super emo kid into "I'm a real Orc now, guys! That just means be angry at everything right?" when he found out his dad wasn't a COMPLETE bastard just most of one. It's like he did all his Orc homework in one night after Thrall told him about Grom killing Mannoroth.

His character is such a mess it's unbelievable. It just seems like Blizzard really tried to make us like him and when it failed they just threw up their arms, said "eff it" and made him full Skeletor-Hitler.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

I liked him Nagrand after all the quests.

I thought he had potential in Wrath. He was reckless, stubborn, and bloodthirsty - okay, that makes sense, he's a freakin' Hellscream. But he also had potential, you saw it in the conversation with Saurfang.

I has mixed feelings about him in Cata. On one hand, he has the whole Krom'gar moment. It showed he had taken to heart what Saurfang said - even though he was still reckless and bloodthirsty (see: Highlands intro), there was a sense of honor there that was developing. He wasn't nice, but he did it all for the Horde.

I dislike him in Mists. I feel that they've dropped any of the previous character development to make him as much of a mustache twirling villain as possible. He doesn't do anything for the Horde, he does everything for himself now. Nothing signifies better that Blizz has abandoned making him a developing and conflicted character by the destruction of Theramore. The whole Krom'gar thing - one of the best Cata quest's, imo - is made pointless.

And I think it was done because ever since the pre-Wrath Scourge Invasion, people have declared that Garrosh is an awful, evil, meanie who kicked their puppy and how DARE he replace Thrall, Godking of Hordekind, as Warchief. There was such an amazing backlash against Garrosh. And it was consistent crying no matter what Blizz did with him. So I think Blizz gave up. They gave us exactly what we wanted and Garrosh will be dead in a year or so and Thrall will be back. Everything will undoubtedly go back to the Vanilla status quo - the Horde will be the noblest of noble savages, any current internal conflict between the Horde races will illogically disappear, Vol'jin and Baine will forgive Thrall without a second thought for putting Garrosh on the throne, and the war with the Alliance will stop with a peace treaty despite war crimes and atrocities committed by both sides.

And we'll probably only have neutral factions in whatever expansion comes next. Which is the greatest travesty of all.

tl;dr - Garrosh was good but is now awful, had potential, Blizz probably is getting rid him now because we wouldn't stop complaining, neutral factions still suck.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruvokus View Post
    tl;dr - Garrosh was good but is now awful, had potential, Blizz probably is getting rid him now because we wouldn't stop complaining, neutral factions still suck.
    Metzen did say they always wanted to make Garrosh a villian.

But then that raises the question, why show instances (like you mentioned the Stonetalon ending) where it shows that Garrosh did have potential to become better?
    It could be that Blizz wanted to make it a mystery. Here is a character that could go down these two paths? WHich one? Lets find out!
    But if that was true then it kinda sucks and is a dissapointment for anyone that wanted him to go down the other path
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    too many writers too many problems

in 1 instance you get a good idea of garrosh's mentality in his short story which was pretty much an average read.

then u get the in all honestly terribly written baine short story that people cling too

its just no actual direction. garrosh could have been better, but they decided to go with those who dislike in all honestly story progression.

trust me the story is much more interesting with garrosh... want proof.... try a brand new thread like this daily

there is a reason for transformers fans out there (i know u are) that in the new series. "prime" the decepticons have a way more interesting story line while the autobots... are kinda boring
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-11-09 at 06:15 AM.

Months isnt that long to go from one end of the spectrum to the very extreme other end, then to run back towards the middle a far bit.
    Even hours could be enough...It's called borderline personality disorder. He's just Anakin Skywalker of Warcraft universe it seems. (Wait for cinematic after his death in "Orgrimmar raid"..."Nooooo!!! - and he throws REAL BIG BAD GUY into ventilation shaft)

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Grom was instructed to gather wood, a resource the Horde badly needed. He was completing the mission Thrall sent him on, it was not a war "nobody needed."
    "Go get me some wood."

"Hey boss like you said I antagonised the mysterious forest guardians, drank the blood of our ancient enemy and turned all my forces into crazed demonic puppets (which you now have to put down) and killed the most powerful being on the continent aligned against that enemy. Mission accomplished!"

"Uh... what!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am kinda confused honestly. I look at garrosh from 3 point of views. One mis just looking at his writing...and this was at first pretty balanced (yes it actually was, if you're a anti garrosh fan you'll always hate it) from what I can assume since the very first war and garrosh is probably 4yrs old his family history is often bad then at what I'm guessing is late 20s his whole view if his family and himself switches drastically..(thanks to partly us the players btw and garrosh)then from there it kinda builds him up pretty well. He spent time with thrall and learned of what was going on with the "remnants of the horde"(which btw it wasn't fully good. ) then in wrath he is kinda ok...he is paired up with apparently the "greatest" image of a Orc vet varok. Now eventhough a lot of it isn't written I can assume points like what thrall being attacked by varian in under city probably fueld his dislike for the alliance, which would be partially simple reaction for uld trailer. After that everything else in wrath is mostly horde pride...hell even the beloved varok has a moment of pride in icc(gunship battle that was a ego stroking battle and you all know it.) I could go on but that's enough from my pov as a char development writing.
    From a rp point...the shit was ok till late Cata point , mainly when mop work started to come in. I mean through out all Cata any Orc I rped with all had the garrosh mentality. Fighting in any way was honorable...as long as it was weapons or normal magic...then the theramore event happens and everything for the most part got rocky.

So my opinion on garrosh. He had potential to be a good leader and honestly if blizzard wanted to they could bump he down instead of killing him off to restart his char...I mean I'm pretty sure majority of ppls bloodthirst for garrosh would be sated if he was just beaten near death then locked up.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "Go get me some wood."

"Hey boss like you said I antagonised the mysterious forest guardians, drank the blood of our ancient enemy and turned all my forces into crazed demonic puppets (which you now have to put down) and killed the most powerful being on the continent aligned against that enemy. Mission accomplished!"

"Uh... what!?"
    ..I think you may not be getting everything right.
    Last edited by nightguard; 2012-11-09 at 06:55 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like having Garrosh as the loose propellor that he is. In the Horde, might makes right and whoever wields the biggest weapon is the one to rule. There do have to be some differences between Horde and Alliance. One rules through martial prowess, one rules through reason. At least have a little bit of flavor. It's tragic to think that people want Garrosh and Varian to read the 21 Principles of Effective Leadership by John C. Maxwell, realise the error of their ways and decide to call a truce and sit down to compare notes and give constructive feedback.

Deleted
    Look a the calendar, it's Friday, which means we must be due for yet another thread about Garrosh. What is with some people in this community? Is one thread about Garrosh that gauges the public's opinion with a poll not enough for them, or is it just because they did not get the results you were expecting? It smacks of denial to me. It's like some people simply cannot grasp the fact that a majority of the community simply do not like a character that they do, and more to the point, hates them. So we go through the same rigmarole every week, which will have yet another poll, which will yet again show an overwhelming majority of people disliking Garrosh, which will yet again bring the same people to argue their same points for and against him. Then the thread will die down and in a week or two's time somebody somewhere has a brainfart and thinks people's opinions would have radically changed in the meantime, starts yet another thread. Then after that one another Garrosh fan won't like the outcome of that poll, and will start another one a few weeks down the line, and on it goes ad infinitum it seems.

It's just getting more and more desperate every time one of these exact carbon copy Garrosh poll threads start. It's either that, or whoever starts the next one is too stupid to look for a previous thread and post on that one instead. Either way, it's just silly.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    and guess who was tricked into taking his anger out on the wrong person... and died for it

twilight cult: 1
    carine: 0
    tricky tricky cultists

They had the strength of being made up of all races of Azeroth, making it easy for them to infiltrate any orginization

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 07:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "Go get me some wood."
    "Uh... what!?"
    I think they kinda left the lumber there once Mannoroth showed up and worked his hocus pocus
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanaSlave View Post
    Look a the calendar, it's Friday, which means we must be due for yet another thread about Garrosh. What is with some people in this community? Is one thread about Garrosh that gauges the public's opinion with a poll not enough for them, or is it just because they did not get the results you were expecting? It smacks of denial to me. It's like some people simply cannot grasp the fact that a majority of the community simply do not like a character that they do, and more to the point, hates them. So we go through the same rigmarole every week, which will have yet another poll, which will yet again show an overwhelming majority of people disliking Garrosh, which will yet again bring the same people to argue their same points for and against him. Then the thread will die down and in a week or two's time somebody somewhere has a brainfart and thinks people's opinions would have radically changed in the meantime, starts yet another thread. Then after that one another Garrosh fan won't like the outcome of that poll, and will start another one a few weeks down the line, and on it goes ad infinitum it seems.

It's just getting more and more desperate every time one of these exact carbon copy Garrosh poll threads start. It's either that, or whoever starts the next one is too stupid to look for a previous thread and post on that one instead. Either way, it's just silly.
    You just sum'd up MMO-champion atleast the WoW part of it as a whole to be honest. Never ending threads of already existing threads (because they cant use the search function), specially the ones of people who dislike the game. but for some reason hang out here 24/7 -.- /facepalm.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    You just sum'd up MMO-champion atleast the WoW part of it as a whole to be honest. Never ending threads of already existing threads (because they cant use the search function), specially the ones of people who dislike the game. but for some reason hang out here 24/7 -.- /facepalm.
    welcome to the internet?

Deleted
    3 pages and no sign of Garrosh's biggest fan and supporter on MMO-C?

Personally, I don't really have an opinion about him. I don't really like him, but also don't care too much. It will be interesting to see what else he will do before we take him off the throne.
    Last edited by mmoc5817da6c72; 2012-11-09 at 07:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    welcome to the internet?
    Thanks, i guess?

Deleted
    People seem to have no knowledge of the real Horde, or they just forgot. Victory or death means one thing, and one thing only.
    Victory or death is a compelling motto. The problem is that when you lose, you die, and can't fight anymore.

The very recent picture of the Horde we have received via WoW and the end of Warcraft III is a result of Thrall, one warchief in the line of many.
    One warchief in a line of... many? There was only 3 warchiefs before Thrall, all of them of the same generation. The "real Horde" is a very recent development in Orcish history.

Thrall's new age and extremely weak Horde is just another page in the book of Orc history.
    And yet, it was the only self-sustainable model the Horde ever had. Blackhand's Horde made the orcs into puppets of Guldan's schemes and was on its way to self-destruction before the dark portal opened, after Draenor had been razed entirely. Doomhammer's Horde led the orcs to defeat against humans, and lethargy in the prisioner camps. Thrall's Horde led the orcs to carve a homeland in a new planet, to earn allies that made them invulnerable against any mortal threat.

I don't need to tell you which one of the 3 seems the strongest Horde.

In comparison, Garrosh has led the Horde to in-fighting, and to allow humans attack him in the heart of Orgrimmar. That's just how powerful Garrosh made the Horde.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the game were solely based upon Alliance Vs Horde and no other outside factors were to be determined, I'd say Garrosh is the leader to get things done. This isn't the case. The fact that Garrosh has time, and time again decided it was a good idea to attack the alliance (intro to Twilight Highlands for instance) instead of focusing on the task at hand makes him less of a candidate for the current expac's Horde leader. He is reckless, brutally so. The attack on Theramore had his name written all over it... not to say the scenario wasn't fun, but let's be honest: when there's a giant sha monster threatening to ravage all of Azeroth, the last thing we need to worry about is a strategic port off on a different mainland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I agree completely, but apparently a lot of people want both factions to be exactly the same, and be led by pacifists. Why even play a war themed game if you want it to be at peace? .
    Because one can not be without the other.... there can be no war if there's no peace. You got to have times of peace. Otherwise there never would be a difference and it would just be a state of life and no other meaning. To be aware you're in a war you must experience or have experienced the opposite.

Just like there's no light without darkness. If there was no darkness we wouldn't be aware there's light, simply because it never is dark. You're not aware of the other option.
    And besides that, I think that most of the Horde actually grow tired of the war and would just want to be able to live happily and peacful in their part of the world without having to fear impending attacks....

Deleted
    Why do we hate Garrosh? oh where to begin!

When I first met his char in TBC I really couldn't understand why I was running everywhere helping an emo moron who spat it back in my face, only a few quests into that chain I wanted to stop helping him and push him into that damn campfire.

During the Wrath event he pretty much showed nothing but contempt of Thrall (this of the very man who gave him a reason to live by showing him what he and his father did when they stood against Mannoroth), I wanted Thrall to beat some sense into him in that duel.

In Wrath he became not just a real brat but also incompetent. Saurfang had to constantly run around behind his back to fix his mistakes and cover up his military blunders.

Come Cata he replaced Thrall as Warchief despite not having shown any capability to handle the role, no diplomatic skills, no military strategy capability nothing.
    Then Garrosh slays the most popular Racial leader Horde side and exiles another, which to put it mildly pissed everyone off, to say nothing of his attitude to Sylvannas.

He had his moment in Stonetalon with Krom'gar that made me think there was hope for his character, his moment in Ashenvale as well helping you expose a demon, and twilight highlands speech were also making me warm to him. (though his blunder in calling off his escort before the attack really ruined everything and confirmed to me that he is still a real idiot)

Now in mists he's dropping nukes without a care in the world, pulling superweapons out of his back pocket and STILL losing battles. The man is an idiot with all the intelligence of an ogre says "rarr me smash!".

Frankly its embarrassing that Thrall's Horde has been returned back to the dark old days and has an idiot for a leader, the sooner we are rid of him and have someone with something between the ears back in power the better.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2012-11-09 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you play the original warcraft RTS games?
    Yes since warcraft2, I know they were the evil back then and I also know that lore was explained in warcraft 3 why they were like that (or retconned, you named it), if you don't like that then why you accept Draenei in game, or Varian turning from crappy ruler who caused the Defias creation because nobles were too corrupted?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power