Poll: Is Garrosh a suitable Leader?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Also, aside from this discussion I do think that Hitler would've made for a better world than the current US empire.
    As long as jews weren't in it, and arians ruled everything, amirite ?

This forum has dire rules about insulting other posters but nothing I could write would even come close to my true feelings about your person, so I won't bother anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is my "Can't wait to kill the fucker!" option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They saw his new statue and thought "Oh well, a king clever enough to waste money on a statue while half his city is burning is worthy of our support! More beer please!"

Deleted
    I think the parallel with Hitler or other leaders from the REAL WORLD is too much.
    Not because one fictional leader is similar or not with a real leader.
    But because one is a fictional leader and one is a real leader.

This is just a game guys, and its about war (WARcraft) and i like to think its about competition. So if its about competition lets break the alliance in two and those petty rebels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    I think the parallel with Hitler or other leaders from the REAL WORLD is too much.

This is just a game guys, and its about war (WARcraft) and i like to think its about competition. So if its about competition lets break the alliance in two and those petty rebels.
    Meh I was with you till said rebels...pretty sure we may not even rebel again garrosh ..he may just see the current races and want them in HIS horde so he will replace us and then well..we aren't in his horde sooooo yeah let's kill him.

Also about the hitler thing...yes I hate to admit it but to a extent he did give a small amount of a whatever heart he had to his country...but no at the end of the day he was a bad leader and person since ya know ..no matter what a leader is meant to see ALL subjects/ppl equally and say fuck racism....in public. And just clear things up the comparison should never never ever ever ever be used to a FUCKING GAME CHARAECTER.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I'd agree with you, but Blizzard's writers themselves have admitted Garrosh is a Hitler-esque character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Hitler cared about his people. Maybe you don't like to admit it, but he did. Also, aside from this discussion I do think that Hitler would've made for a better world than the current US empire. But good for you for making the connection to Hitler, bravo!
    Yeah that's why he killed 6 million of them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:38 AM ----------

It's still pretty obvious he is similar to Hitler. Very much so.
    The Scarlet Crusade is just a fictional faction, but the some of the bosses in the new Scarlet Monastery dungeons are still somewhat based on the Nazis.

Guys i can see the Horde is broken in two, and im tired of all these peace hippies that think we desrve to stand in a desert because we agressed the alliance first.
    What kind of stupidity is that coming from a Horde player...?
    I know for SURE that many Garrosh supporters are the better PVE and PVP players because i heard dudes opinions ingame.
    All these horde peace hippies are nothing, but flies in alliance players way.

So i say next expansion to bring the 3rd faction (i also made a post about an idea of 3rd faction i would join) cos i know for sure i would crush these Horde peace boys in pvp and pve aswell.
    Garrosh supporters are dudes of competition, Garrosh supporters trully dominate the alliance in bgs in arenas and also in PVE. Without us Horde is nothing!
    im sorry O-O but are you a child? "me want smash me knowses guys in teh games whos good who also want smash me knows smash goods cuz me lieks smashses insert we gon pwn noobs xbox xbox dudebro" thats basically what your saying
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    You Garrosh fans don't want to hear anyone opinion of Garrosh being bad, because in your head its not what you want to hear, so you try and ignore it.

this thread is ridiculous.
    #boycottchina

you want to know why garrosh is bad? because he believes only orcs and tauren are worthy of actually being in the horde he believes all the other races are garbage fodder and he says so multiple times. however even then hes shown he doesnt even really care for the tauren or the orcs and will gladly sacrifice entire swathes of them to achieve even a petty goal.

so garroshes horde is a horde where undead, trolls, blood elves, pandaren, goblins, ogres (lorewise), and hozen (lorewise) are all second citizen tools to be used as fodder and thrown away when nolonger needed.

and considering the vast majority of tauren dont care for garrosh and alot have grudges over cairne that leaves garroshes horde with only one main force: thats right orcs.

now idk about you but im pretty sure awhile ago the orcs tried to go one on one with the humans and got locked up in cages. lets see them try it again without the might of demon blood and against a combined and unified force of the alliance because this time it isnt just humans its all the races of the alliance: humans, high elves, half elves, night elves, gnomes, dwarves, pandaren, draenei, jinyu.

a divided horde is a broken horde and a broken horde is weak
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I think 60% of the Horde would actually vote Sha of Happiness as the next leader - over it's current leader, even if that meant having an evil loot pinata sitting in the middle of Org 24/7.

Garrosh isnt that bad

I know hes all gruff and grouchy but i happen to know he gives to at least 5 children's charities and a save the kodo fund!

but seriously he is a war leader his job is not to be popular but to deliver victories and new land and territory for his people and i dont think the orcs give a shit how he does it at this stage of the game

I will give my reasons why i love Garrosh Hellscream

Gameplay wise - He has shaken up this game to fevor pitch just the mere mention of his name is enough to make people brim with pride or foam at the mouth with anger no other character in wow history has stirred so much passion. He has taken the horde Vs alliance rivalry to a new intense and exciting level which has been such a shot in the arm for this game.

History wise - Garrosh is a conquerer or at least a wannabe conquerer he wants his people to have palaces and riches to rival the greatest empires that azeroth has ever seen he does not want to just sit in the desert and stagnate. Just like the conquerers of old he wants to leave his mark on history and he doesnt care who gets in his way to achieve it. I admire that greatly

Personalty wise - He is a strong leader who doesnt take any shit from noone. He is quite willing to lead from the front and get his hands dirty i love the quest where garrosh appears then leaves and there must be about 100 dead mogu where he carved his way to get to the mogu warlord who he wanted questioning thats badass right there.

But at the end of the day Garrosh Hellscream doesnt exist hes just a poorly written character pulled out of chris metzens ass but it doesnt mean i shouldnt be able to admire certain traits of his character that doesnt make me a bad person

Im coming into this thread a little late, but I wanted to address the point that kept getting brought up earlier about Garrosh "reinforcing" Orgrimmar.

You guys do realize that Thrall was the one who commissioned Gazlowe to begin making the repairs, right? It happens after Wrath but right before the Cataclysm when fire elementals burned the hell out of the city.

Garrosh didn't do a thing to reinforce Orgrimmar. Thrall set it up with Gazlowe before he left. All Garrosh did was go "SPIKES, BLACK AND RED METAL AND SPIKES. SPIKESSSSS!" and then set about dividing the city up by race.

It happens in The Shattering.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-11-11 at 11:31 AM.

Garrosh is a meanie; he called me mean things

15+ Year Old Account
    My signature is actually relevant to this thread.

The main reason I dislike Garrosh is because he started as a whiny little kid, and then he was reckless and rash in Northrend, and now we're supposed to believe he's fit to be a leader? Yeah okay. He's about as good of a leader as a 15 year old boy would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Audox View Post
    Garrosh is a meanie; he called me mean things
    You know deep down he loves you its just a front you know all that bluster

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post

Being a genocidal, horrific, blood-thirsty maniac is acceptable to me, but only if you have the mind to outsmart your enemies. Garrosh keeps demonstrating that he doesn't, and, even worse, his generals need to clean up the mess he leaves.
    Well it isn't to me, and shouldn't be to anyone that wants the horde to survive.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    My signature is actually relevant to this thread.

The main reason I dislike Garrosh is because he started as a whiny little kid, and then he was reckless and rash in Northrend, and now we're supposed to believe he's fit to be a leader? Yeah okay. He's about as good of a leader as a 15 year old boy would be.
    and thats probably who he's appealing to, the kind of kids that don't have any moral upbringing.
    #boycottchina

I don't like Garrosh either, but come on now. This is a game. There are going to be evil characters.

Liking a character because they're evil doesn't mean they're an immoral immature young person.

Getting kind of ridiculous here.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I agree completely, but apparently a lot of people want both factions to be exactly the same, and be led by pacifists. Why even play a war themed game if you want it to be at peace? Personally, I rolled Horde because I wanted to be the bad guy, or at least closer to it than Alliance. Garrosh blurs the lines, as does Sylvanas, which is why they are my favorite leaders. Garrosh is kind of crappy toward the other Horde races, so he may not necessarily be a fit Warchief, but he would make a fine Orc General.
    Probably because the story for the war is fucking stupid, having introduced Bigger Fish (Old Gods, Titans, Sargeras). You want a War-themed game done right? Warhammer. Both of them. There's no "Big Bad", there's no "shade of grey", there's black. Black everywhere. Black and death and war.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like him if he didn't have moments of acting like a petulant child.

I think the root of his problems is behaviour. He might have done good things for the Horde in the short term, using the Cataclysm to gain ground, expanding Orgrimmar's strength, but some of the more 'together' leaders see his quick to anger, rash attitude as one that's going to get him and their people likely killed in the long run, and I don't think they're wrong.

He's definitely a 'short term' kind of guy, he doesn't think far ahead and that will ultimately be his undoing.
    I mean hacking the Ashenvale forest as much as you can for resources SOUNDS good for your war machine at first but then what? You've exhausted all your resources surrounding your capital, eventually it'll run out. No means to regrow the forest (Shut up, druids are not that fast at nature insta-fix) no means to keep that flow of resource incoming. He sours relationships with other members of the Horde with arrogance and blind rage and even xenophobia, again, fine while he's riding high, but the second he trips up in his security or an operation with him at the helm goes foul, SOMEONE will be there with a knife to his throat because of that.

There's a lot to be said about Garroshs flaws but those are just some of the things he's done to deserve the reputation he has.

He's not got the all the qualities of a leader. Only those of a dictator. And Dictatorships lacking any ability to think with a level head or cunning usually end up 6 feet under the ground.

I don't mind his brash attitude, that would make him flawed. And that's fine. But that's ALL he is. He's got no mind behind that. He just wants to be 'great' in his way and champion his legacy. And that's really boring.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I don't like Garrosh either, but come on now. This is a game. There are going to be evil characters.

Liking a character because they're evil doesn't mean they're an immoral immature young person.

Getting kind of ridiculous here.
    Oh you can like such a character I have no issue with that. Its just when people try to justify that kind of behavour as normal and one that should be an example to others is when it crosses the line.

Hell, I like yogg Saron and the Lich king as villians, but you wouldn't get me saying shit like 'he's to misunderstood he just wants to take care of the undead', alright, I accept a bad guy for what he/she is, I don't try to sugar coat it.

And thats exactly what Garrosh fans are doing now, they are attempting to sugarcoat his bad ways because they think its fun to act like that.
    #boycottchina