10+ Year Old Account

Ignite tracking addon?

Does anybody use any accurate ignite tracking addons? I have tried Combustion Helper and mybigignite and neither seem accurate when I use combustion, they always seem off by a couple K which is getting frustrating.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

the way ignite works, combustionhelper tries to predict combustion's damage based on your current ignite and how much damage you've done in the last 2 seconds. Fire is already a brain dead easy spec, if combustionhelper was perfect every mage would do the same dps because there would be absolutely nothing to use brainpower on.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 09:50 PM ----------

Oh and sorry for my tone I'm just mad at blizzard for making the easiest spec the best dps YET AGAIN. Like I said though, basically due to the mechanics that's as good as its going to get. (when I play fire) I like to just track my ignite ticks and pyro crits and go off of that, its about as good as using combustion helper but doesnt feel like I have a program playing the game for me.

The easiest spec is usually going to produce the highest results because it is the easiest to match sims with.

Deleted
    As far as I'm aware, Combustion Helper predicts combustion size whereas mBI actually shows what you're ignite has ticked for. If you want the absolute most accurate way of doing it you'll need to download a scrolling combat text addon that you can get to show Ignite ticks as they happen. Dunno what you find wrong with mBI though, works fine for me.

I do prefer Ignition quite much compared to any of the others I have tried.

Use MyBigIgnite, unless Ignition was updated it gives you wrong numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Combustion Helper predicts combustion size whereas mBI actually shows what you're ignite has ticked for. If you want the absolute most accurate way of doing it you'll need to download a scrolling combat text addon that you can get to show Ignite ticks as they happen. Dunno what you find wrong with mBI though, works fine for me.
    you are partially wrong and right. Combustion helper tracks all of the above.

It does track ignite, and i just tested MyBigIgnite and they both show the exact same ignite value(i had both addons running)

Though what combustion helper also do is trying to predict your combustion tick damage and how many ticks you will get.
    +pyro dot / bomb tracking.