10+ Year Old Account

Question Controller versus TV delay

Hello, I have just bought a Loewe individual 40 TV and have noticed since I have tried to play on consoles with it using the HDMI connection there is a distinct delay between the controller (input) and tv (output), I have looked through the whole manual and it does in fact say that it has what is called a 'gaming mode' which should stop me having so much lag when I'm playing.

My problem is that I can't actually locate the gaming mode and wouldn't really know what else it would be called. I won't believe it doesn't have an option similar though at the very least but was just wondering if anyone has had this problem themselves or know anything that could be deemed helpful!

Aspiring paramedic

That happens with certain TVs. As far as I know, there is no workaround that will let you keep the HD quality.

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of TV's have this issue with HDMI. I'm guessing Loewe isn't a top-shelf brand, and the input on the lower ones is going to have noticeable lag

Use the component connections or VGA connections if possible to avoid this
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    A lot of TV's have this issue with HDMI. I'm guessing Loewe isn't a top-shelf brand, and the input on the lower ones is going to have noticeable lag

Use the component connections or VGA connections if possible to avoid this
    Horribly this sounds like analog delay, which is horrid on my TV but when using HDMI it is absolute perfect. Does it feel like your moving in mud or heavy?

Just answered in other thread about same problem, i had the same delay but after turning off "hd motion picture" on philips tv, lag was gone, try to turn off all picture improvements in menu and check again

Almost all modern TVs have this problem. If you look at any serious modern console gaming tournaments they will always play on a monitor.

No matter what you do, most TVs are made for display quality, they aren't made to be reactive for gaming. The only thing you can do if you want to get rid of input lag completely is to use a monitor, and use a headset for sound.