Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fastest way to lvl with Heirlooms

So I'm currently lvl 31. What would be fastest way to lvl 80? Dungeon grinding or questing? I can have a friend that can fully clear dungeons quick for me so its not like I have to actually Q up for them. And if this is the case which would you recommend doing 30 + Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing. Dungeon xp is really bad now.
    Aye mate

Don't run with a high level friend, eats up your exp and makes it so the heirlooms are pretty much just leveling you as if you didn't have them with a group your level.

I personally quest to BC, Dungeon through BC, and quest through wrath>Cata, but that's more a personal preference thing.

If your hihg level friend is going to run you through stuff only do it once, and only for the quests, most of the rest of the exp wont help that much. imo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would say it really just depends on your personal preference. leveling to 80 doesnt really take much time at all.

if youre questing i would highly suggest you pay attention to the quests and watch for when they turn green as you can easily skip to higher zones without having to complete the whole zone youre currently in.

with only 2 or 3 heirloom pieces and no guild perk i was doing like one level every 45 mins on rogue back when i was leveling it in Cata. felwood was crazy fast, i actually had a couple of levels where i /played every level and i did level 47 in 30 mins. i wish i had taken a screenshot.

like i said i think it boils down to personal preference and what youre "better" at. myself i feel like i level faster by just cranking out quests, but there are some people out there that probably level faster by just chain running dungeons. to each their own!

Well I'm lvl 32. With 4 hrs /played Some questing/Power lvling though dungeons. But Seems to be slowing down. But since they changed all the instances and lvls of them I don't know which to jump to anymore. I feel like that might be the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    questing, but speed leveling gets old.

also, you should download zygor's leveling guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon quests. Fastest XP there is when leveling (especially low level). Check how many quests are available per dungeon via Wowhead and make a beeline to those dungeons. Then between tiers, quest to get to the next tier.

Blizzard made sure quests count this time, so no more just dungeon grinding for XP. You can if you want to grind for transmorg pieces though (good use of time trying to get through Outland).

Oh, and when you're level 78 (if you haven't already done it) do the beginning Argent Crusade quests just outside Icecrown. By the time you kill those mini-bosses just upfront, you'll be level 80. About 2hrs time. What I do to clear my alts to level 80. Much faster.
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2012-11-09 at 05:49 AM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quests have always been the fasting way to level without rested xp/RaF. With Rested Xp or RaF, dungeons become the fastest way until you run out of rested xp or RaF bonus. (Heck, at the end of each dungeon, i was literally leveling up 2-3 times at once, depending on how close i was to the next level. That bonus xp is good.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Thanks for the info guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also if you plan to lvl several chars, and doing it over a long time, rotate between them so that you utilize all your rested bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Dungeon quests. Fastest XP there is when leveling (especially low level). Check how many quests are available per dungeon via Wowhead and make a beeline to those dungeons. Then between tiers, quest to get to the next tier.
    Completely this. Make sure you do every single dungeon at least once for the quests, that will get you most of the way there, especially at lower levels.

I'll NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER do dungeons or battlegrounds to level, I have no idea why people do it when it's clearly WAY slower than questing.Just recently I level'd a monk from 1-90 in 2 days played, no RAF or SoR, just questing.Besides, I already made some tests and questing is indeed way faster, yes even faster than doing dungeon quests.But oh well, If people like to waste their time it's up to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    I'll NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER do dungeons or battlegrounds to level, I have no idea why people do it when it's clearly WAY slower than questing.Just recently I level'd a monk from 1-90 in 2 days played, no RAF or SoR, just questing.Besides, I already made some tests and questing is indeed way faster, yes even faster than doing dungeon quests.But oh well, If people like to waste their time it's up to them.
    A good group will mean dungeon quests are faster, and they will net you better loot so you can quest faster.

Questing for sure. Enter and make istances only to get quest.
    On green quest pass to next tier quest (yellow)----> easy way to 1-85

Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    have to agree. i am 83 on my monk and 1d 8h playtime, and i thougt that was quick, but i wont hit 90 in 14 hours me thinks.. i did dungeons once for quests only whilst levelling and also levelled professions to 525 so lost a couple of hours to them too.. if you can win 100% of bgs, its viable.. If you lose them its massive waste of time.. quests are the way.. if you start getting ganked etc, go do a dungeon for 30mins, likelyhood is the ganker has moved on..

I always do each dungeon once to do the dungeon quests, that is huge experience, but only once(good to break up questing monotony). Other than that, just quest. Plan your next zone all the time, so soon as you hit green quests you can leave.

This is the link I use for my alts http://www.wowwiki.com/Zones_by_level Tells you every game in the zone by level so you can plot your journey accordingly. This is another fun one for rares http://www.wowwiki.com/Rare_mobs_by_zone .

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing, but do the dungeons once for each zone/level, especially in Outland/Northrend. The XP from the quests in each dungeon is enormous the first time around. Otherwise, tis just questing. Move on the second you hit the level the next zone requires (most zones will accept you a level lower except Cata zones), and don't worry too much about gear.

The best way is RAF +Heirlooms. Not only will you pull down 45-50% exp from heirlooms but RAF exp bonus is 300%. I use my kids computer next to my own and set a follow macro. Low level mobs have been given more health so having 2 characters flinging attacks really helps knock out enemies faster. I spend about 1 hour in each zone. Then you not only get the RAF bonus to use on 2nd character but you can transfer the other account character to your account and you now have 2 characters that are level 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree.

I found that chain running dungeons didn't do all that much for me, but making sure that I hit up every dungeon at least once to get the dungeon quests done while doing regular world questing netted me the most xp. Open world questing can get a bit boring after awhile so make sure you mix it up with dungeons when you hit that point.

Friend of mine is leveling his tank now. He says doing dungeons is quicker since he has instant queues (this is MoP dungeons don't know if lower level dungeons get you instant queues as tank). Without instant queues I wouldn't try it. If you are a tank you dictate the speed the most and since tanks are now very strong it can be pretty effective.
    But I think the lower level dungeons are old designs and are actually not very fast and good experience. My friend was doing MoP dungeons which are much better to grind I think.

I guess you are better of questing. I would queue up for dungeons in the meanwhile and do them only once for the quests which are pretty good but you have a good chance the group you get slows you down by leaving, screwing up, slacking or whatever. So that's up to you if you want to risk that and are very serious about leveling as fast as possible.