Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And why are we arguing about how many subscribers Rift has? This is about WoW's subscribers!
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png - if you see in the chart its pretty spot on with alot of games and this from May 2012 way before they did more server merges. You see they are at 250k than and are prbly even less now as you can see from there shard server status.

It also called desperation my good sir/madam, every company goal is to make money even if they have to spend more to just make more.
    and im sure they will get new subs with the player housing and new content coming out in the next xpac.

But you didn't answer my question. How come with the money blizzard brings in they can't release content at a decent speed but a MMO with less then 5% of there player base can release AAA content much faster.

As for MOP content speed nothing can be judged until t14 is over cause all of this was ready before the release of MOP just not all released at one time like the 3 raids was in cata.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    And why are we arguing about how many subscribers Rift has? This is about WoW's subscribers!
    Just trying to prove a point, I know its way off in Narnia my bad.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    please prove that it is 100% fact that rift has 250k or less people.

also since you said it i find it funny that a game that has 10million subs release's content way slower then a game with what you claim to be 250k or less....

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 08:39 AM ----------

This version of the game was not worked on for long maybe 3-4 years.

Im as much of a diablo fan as the next person but the games story was bad. also Cain dying to butterflys was the most stupid thing i have seen in a game in a long time.

He lives diablo but die's to a butterfly.

also so many ability's was broken it was not even funny remember the monks going into inferno with 3k hp killing everything.

Ill end that here i do not wish to detail this topic with D3...
    Hehe fair enough! Yeah D3 was not the game many of us wanted it to be, thats for sure.. lets hope for a good xpac for it right? /pray
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    I couldn't agree more and it seems my question keeps getting ignored by people backing up WOW/Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 08:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    Hehe fair enough! Yeah D3 was not the game many of us wanted it to be, thats for sure.. lets hope for a good xpac for it right? /pray
    I hope I had high hopes for D3. I did get around 200hrs in it yes i do admit but i still feel it was not worth 60$ maybe 30-40$ at most but its a risk i was willen at the time to take.

Edit: if the xpac is not 40$ or less i won't be buying it this I am 100% on.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Look at Blizzard's Patch cycle its gets longer the years that pass by in Vanilla they released 12 patches than it began to shrink how many patches each expansion got and explain to me how 250k or less people is lots? Dam please than explain to me what 10 million is.
    10 million should mean enough resources for quicker content but this is not the case, because they are Milking the game before they let it die.

How would making content get slower by the way? The engine doesn't change so the patches should take the same time, not more. They moved their competent developers to their Titan and WoW is just going to get less and less until its finally shut down at around 6 million subs (2-3 years)

10+ Year Old Account
    and im sure they will get new subs with the player housing and new content coming out in the next xpac.

But you didn't answer my question. How come with the money blizzard brings in they can't release content at a decent speed but a MMO with less then 5% of there player base can release AAA content much faster.

As for MOP content speed nothing can be judged until t14 is over cause all of this was ready before the release of MOP just not all released at one time like the 3 raids was in cata.
    Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Blizzard Dota, Titan all say high. What does Trion have oh yea Defiance thats all besides Rift. Also Activision takes what like 35% of Blizzard's money from WoW for themselves.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 03:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Because they are Milking the game before they let it die.

How would making content get slower by the way? The engine doesn't change so the patches should take the same time, not more. They moved their competent developers to their Titan and WoW is just going to get less and less until its finaly shut down at around 6 million subs (2-3 years)
    Doesn't every company milk there games though, they all want money right ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Blizzard Dota, Titan all say high. What does Trion have oh yea Defiance thats all besides Rift. Also Activision takes what like 35% of Blizzard's money from WoW for themselves.
    Different groups working on different games. ok 35% of lets just say 100million a month is only 35million so where is the other 75million going.

hell they fired 600 people in cata so that is just more money that could be going into making wow a better game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Different groups working on different games. ok 35% of lets just say 100million a month is only 35million so where is the other 75million going.

hell they fired 600 people in cata so that is just more money that could be going into making wow a better game.
    Now split that money between 5 other games, what does WoW have left over ???

Blizzard has never released content fast & prbly never will. Just cause one company releases fast doesn't mean diddly, The only reason is cause they have a proper engine that can support it, no parent company breathing down there neck taking all there money & while can funnel this money into one game.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-11-09 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    What does Blizzard need to do to hold subscribers throughout this expansion?
    A clue.

And state of current expansion is a strong indication they do not currently have this.

Now split that money between 5 other games, what does WoW have left over ???
    Now add in the money that starcraft has made now add the money diablo 3 has made also different team working on titan and nothing is reported on how much money has gone into it.

Blizzard pulling in tons more money then tron can have more workers on there games then tron but somehow can not release content faster then them.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Blizzard take their time because they like to provide quality content, they do endless testing internally and on the PTR every patch that is released to make sure that its as bug-free as possible.
    Once upon a time I would have agreed with you... however, given the state which 5.0.4 was brought live, and the condition of Mists I'd have to say not a chance in hell, they release stuff whenever it suits them, regardless of the shape its in.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now add in the money that starcraft has made now add the money diablo 3 has made also different team working on titan and nothing is reported on how much money has gone into it.

Blizzard pulling in tons more money then tron can have more workers on there games then tron but somehow can not release content faster then them.....
    Diablo 3 & Starcraft 2 don't bring in the same income WoW does. Only Box sales and thats not much if you really think about unless when it was released than that was a good source of income for a one time deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They need to fire Ghostcrawler and 90% of their shoddy CMs.
    and replace them with who?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Diablo 3 & Starcraft 2 don't bring in the same income WoW does. Only Box sales and thats not much if you really think about unless when it was released than that was alot of income.
    Right and there done with both of those besides the small groups fixing bugs and all so that means more people can be working on wow.

Once again wow pulls in 1000% more money then tron can have way more workers then them but yet can't release content faster.....

I'm just going to say it stop blindly defending them its getting old and I personally won't be replying anymore to it.

They need to make some content that not everyone can get access to first. This will hype it up and make people really want to do it so they will stay subbed until they can at least give this new content a good go.

Hint: Brawlers guild is a good example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right and there done with both of those besides the small groups fixing bugs and all so that means more people can be working on wow.

Once again wow pulls in 1000% more money then tron can have way more workers then them but yet can't release content faster.....

I'm just going to say it stop blindly defending them its getting old and I personally won't be replying anymore to it.
    You still don't don't get it, im not gunna even bother anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    They need to make some content that not everyone can get access to first. This will hype it up and make people really want to do it so they will stay subbed until they can at least give this new content a good go.

Hint: Brawlers guild is a good example.
    But the way there doing the brawlers guild is stupid.

What they should do that many have hinted at is if you want into the brawlers guild *Solo content* you have a % chance on a invite for soloing raid boss's like LK/Yogg Ect.... harder the boss slightly higher the drop chance.

So if you did the OS boss its like a 1% but LK is like 5% ect....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be playing as long as I want to keep raiding with my guild.
    If it falls apart, I'll probably go to Rift: Storm Legion for a month or so.

I'm hoping 5.1 is good.
    Raid progress is currently keeping me entertained, but I can't force myself to do anymore Dailies, almost revered with Celestials, and then I can't be bothered to do anymore dailies.
    Really don't want to cap valor each week.

Really hit a block about 2 days ago.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    and replace them with who?
    A shaved monkey could do a better job than him.

He is the Terminator. He terminated Age of Empires franchise with his AoE3 pile of crap.