10+ Year Old Account

Would like some constructive critisism

Hey all, posting here because dont really know to many fire mages on my server and no others in our guild. I started playing as fire mage since MoP came out and I feel I should be doing better. I have read the fire mage guide in this forum and have adapted my playstyle to it. If anyone could take a look at how I am set up and give me any tips that would be great. I have included a couple of logs from our last raid.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Siltaro/advanced

HoF Log: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t8sfjowwzab6dsuj/ (only 1 kill)

Last MV Log: worldoflogs.com/reports/c1hthj08bmfdu8kv/

My crit only shows 16.76% on armory but with raid buffs its 26%76 after arcane brilliance and molten armor
    Thanks Again for the help
    Last edited by Siltar; 2012-11-09 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siltar View Post
    Hey all, posting here because dont really know to many fire mages on my server and no others in our guild. I started playing as fire mage since MoP came out and I feel I should be doing better. I have read the fire mage guide in this forum and have adapted my playstyle to it. If anyone could take a look at how I am set up and give me any tips that would be great. I have included a couple of logs from our last raid.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Siltaro/advanced

HoF Log: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t8sfjowwzab6dsuj/ (only 1 kill)

Last MV Log: worldoflogs.com/reports/c1hthj08bmfdu8kv/

My crit only shows 16.76% on armory but with raid buffs its 26%76 after arcane brilliance and molten armor
    Thanks Again for the help
    Going off of your vizier kill since unsuccessful attempts as well as farm status bosses arent ideal for analysis. Cant check your armory because I'm at work, but gear/reforging plays a minor role in dps compared to performance anyway.

You were mind controlled for 13 seconds which is ridiculously long, it appears that WoL counts your damage while MC'd (which explains the cone of cold, ice lance and melee hit in the log) but thats something your guild needs to work on.

Your invocation uptime actually seems pretty much fine if the downtime you had was crossing the middle

You gained heating up 35 times and only used inferno blast 22 times, obviously HU will get eaten naturally sometimes but that seems a little high -thinking about it I'm dumb that's actually about right

The biggest and most obvious thing is your living bomb uptime. You're aiming for 95-99% uptime and yours on that attempt was 73%. Its a high DPET spell and increases the damage of fireball and pyro as well as the damage of the ignite ticks and dots they cause, and therefore your combustion damage as well.

Also.. you sat in a 6 second fist of justice stun when your pally got MC'd... blink out of stuns noob!

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 05:32 AM ----------

Oh and although Presence of Mind is technically a dps increase under perfect play conditions, you should consider using scorch on any fight that has really any movement at all. I dont know how you're dealing with attenuation without scorch
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2012-11-09 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for taking the time to look at and respond to the post, I will take what ya said and correct the issues.