Dagger in the Dark - Vol'jin Scenario

For those interested here is Vol'jin's scenario which I honestly find a lot less boring than the Tyrande one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank God I got a Horde Toon, prbly a early version and it will prbly be polished up more before 5.1 release.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-11-09 at 09:40 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I'm only about two minutes in, and this scenario is still likely a work in progress...but.....why does Vol'jin look like he's casting lightning? Come on Blizz lol! Finish dem graphics and stuff so he doesn't look like he's totally rolling with Thrall lol. Now let's finish watching....

Interesting, seems a little long on the boat ride, they might want to speed that up just a tiny bit.

Vol'jin's mechanics are..unexpected. I always figured a shadow hunter would a bit of a hybrid of shaman, mage, and maybe a little bit of warlock (except with spirits instead of demons), and like i said before, hopefully his casting animations are unfinished and will look less like shaman spells once the ptr is finished. Won't know until then. Also nice to see how the audio works.

That stab was a little...anticlimactic... but Rak'gor is on my hit list as I suspected. Looking forward to this going live so I can experience it myself.

Is there a video for the Tyrande one?

So they turned Vol'jin from a Shadow Hunter into a shaman.

Good job Blizz. It's not like you already had Shadow Hunter abilities for him since Vanilla... oh wait, you did. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Ruvokus View Post

Good job Blizz. It's not like you already had Shadow Hunter abilities for him since Vanilla... oh wait, you did. :|
    Natural evolution that came from his constant personal growth?

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    Is there a video for the Tyrande one?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Video-Cutscene
    it's here, Tyrande is an idiot in it the entire time.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2012-11-09 at 05:21 PM.

The scenario itself looks a bit boring to me, except for the first time you do it, but i like the way the story goes. With that I really like it. Also, seeing this makes me think the alliance story will be interesting too later on, as they still don't really have a connection yet to Garrosh being the big bad villain at the end in their story, while the Horde has alot of reasons now to get Garrosh of the Throne. (if only they'd make a refference now to the silvanas/garrosh thing about the 'creating an army' thing to get your race get an evolutionary excistence'.)

What I really like about these scenario's is that they seem to be quest like, like the undercity siege in wrath, and the fact that now, you can do them again if you like to.

I hope Blizzard is gonna do more with these, and put some more story in them, as the first few scenario's do tell a story, but don't get to me because I feel like they are missing the real feeling I had with the Undercity siege and the final dk qstarter quest chain. That said, those quests had a whole questline which gets you excited beacause of the engagement you get with them.
    Last edited by Condemner; 2012-11-09 at 07:34 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

It'd be progression if he progressed that way. This is just a lorelol.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruvokus View Post

Erm he uses Shadow Hunter skills throughout the entire instance from his totems to how he uses Big Bad Voodoo at the Saurok part. He's just more a shaman/Shadow Hunter hybrid like all the faction leaders are kinda 2 classes in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

I don't see any video in that thread. They just talked about it.

Deleted
    Well actually Shaman got at least half the spell that shadow hunter had. Hex and Healing chain, the serpents ward are already sort of totem anyway >.> I think that the jump is fairly short between the twos