Deleted

Help with Garalon (Setup inside).

Hello. (I know there is another thread up, but they have another setup).

We have a rather bad setup for Garalon.

Tanks: Prot Pala, Guardian Druid. Prot pala can go ret.

Healers: Monk, Priest, Pala. Monk can go WW, and Priest can go Shadow.

Dps: Fire Mage, Aff Lock, Boomkin, Fury War, Surv Hunter, Frost DK, Elemental Shaman. (6 dps)

Not sure if our War can go Arms (If he know how to play it proper).

How would you get around it?

People seem to do widely different things, some uses 2 tanks 3 healers, or some uses 1 tank 2 healers etc.

We don't have any real cleavers (Besides war maybe), so this fight is tough.

If possible, which classes to kite (Hunter/Shaman I think?) and which to sit legs? I guess going Aff/Fury/DK/Hunter/Ele would be best, but what about the rest?

Deleted
    Your Warrior has to play Arms on a fight like this (believe Arms is the cleave spec). Your DK should be fine for this as well, so I don't see why you would have issues.

Your setup isn't far from the one my guild has and we're just going 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps.

Prot Pala
    Bear

Arms Warrior
    Combat Rogue
    Fire Mage
    Affli Lock
    Surv Hunter

Hpala
    Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Priest

Any of those 3, doesn't matter who heals.

Put your melee full time on the legs, have your ranged dot them up as well, specially in the beginning where you want to burst the legs down asap. We used 2 healers and 2 ranged (Mage/Hunter) to kite. Healer started, then Mage, then second healer, then second dps. That way we didn't have 2 healers having to swap, meaning that there would always be 2 healers full time healing.

But I know that others use different tactics such as tanks kiting or using non tanks but plate wearers to soak the frontal AoE cone. Not sure what other classes/specs you have available but if you don't have a large roster and wanna go with the setup you listed, you might wanna try the strat that we use. It works fine for us and we aren't even close to the enrage timer.

We 2 tanked and 2 healed it this week, we have our 2 tanks and an ele shammy running the pheromones, and swapping at 30 stacks. You definitely want your fire mage cleaving off the leg (while standing in the bonus dmg area) onto the boss.
    We ran with Guardian druid, Prot war as tanks, Monk/Hpally for heals, Fire mage,Spriest, Frost DK, Hunter, Ele sham for DPS, our ele sham prioritized running the pheromones with the tanks over dps, but still managed to do a fair bit of dmg.
    A different strat you could use are, if you need to 3 heal, have your prot pal go ret, your guardian druid feral, and have your warrior/ret pally soak the cleaves, thus effectively having 0 tanks.
    GL with the fight

Deleted
    We had 2 tanks, and 2 healers with 2 hybrids who could cooldown incase it was needed for heavy dmg.
    The pheromone kiting was done by 3 ppl.(healer,mage,hunter and after the first one healer out ofthe rotation and a priest took it ) We didnt had that much "cleaves" its just a thing of getting every single moment of dps out you can.

We also tried it with a tank and frost dk in blood pres for soaking but that would require too much healing. Also hunters seem just bad on this fight overal looking at worldoflogs, if its progress try and get a dps in who can do more.

How good are fire mages for cleaving here? Would spreading dots via inferno blast be considered a cleave? If so it would be amazing, especially when you copy over a full combustion with your living bomb, ingite and pyro blast.

I mentioned this in another thread, but we kept hitting enrage so we changed it up to the following and killed him.

1 tank
    3 healers
    2 Melee
    4 Range.

Myself (Holy Paladin) & Tank soaking the Furious Swipes.

Pheromone started on tank, then I took it, then range dps then holy priest. 20 stacks each. The pheromone switches will be the most iffy part of the fight, so pop raid walls (such as devo aura) when the person is 15+ stacks to help mitigate damage and ensure a smooth Crush (since crush itself is weak & topping people off afterwards is simple).

I had read 6 different threads with 6 different ways of going about it. This is the one that worked to our raid comp & individual player strengths.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a mage, I'm pretty sure the increased damage will cleave off of the leg if you're in the circle via impact much like Heroic Halfus. That being said, it is really important to have ranged DPS focused more on the body. The only time burst is really important on the legs is if there are more than one up at a time. Overall, though, your melee should be able to keep them down well enough allowing your casters to dwindle down his hitpoints.

My experience is in 25 man so I guess it's possible a different tactic would be necessary in 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaya View Post
    As a mage, I'm pretty sure the increased damage will cleave off of the leg if you're in the circle via impact much like Heroic Halfus. That being said, it is really important to have ranged DPS focused more on the body. The only time burst is really important on the legs is if there are more than one up at a time. Overall, though, your melee should be able to keep them down well enough allowing your casters to dwindle down his hitpoints.

My experience is in 25 man so I guess it's possible a different tactic would be necessary in 10 man.
    But Impact definitely counts as a cleave correct? Otherwise you can't double dip as a mage and copy the increased dmg via the weak point buff into the body as well through a cleave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsuken View Post
    But Impact definitely counts as a cleave correct? Otherwise you can't double dip as a mage and copy the increased dmg via the weak point buff into the body as well through a cleave.
    The way mage cleave works is that it spreads the current ignite/pyroblast/combustion from your target to the other. While this is indeed a cleave, in the past it has always worked well with damage increases. For Halfus, as a fire mage, you could combust with the increase damage he takes to the other adds for a DPS increase. From what our mages were sayinf during Garalon progression it works the same exact way. Whether or not this is worth taking the time to be in the circle is a different story completely since a majority of your single target damage will be going towards the leg and not the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaya View Post
    The way mage cleave works is that it spreads the current ignite/pyroblast/combustion from your target to the other. While this is indeed a cleave, in the past it has always worked well with damage increases. For Halfus, as a fire mage, you could combust with the increase damage he takes to the other adds for a DPS increase. From what our mages were sayinf during Garalon progression it works the same exact way. Whether or not this is worth taking the time to be in the circle is a different story completely since a majority of your single target damage will be going towards the leg and not the body.
    Well I would be spreading a combustion on cd (hopefully every 60 seconds with the glyph so long as I can get all of the dots to line up for a good combustion) but you can still spread a living bomb, ignite and pyro blast without combustion in the interim as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhodi View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but we kept hitting enrage so we changed it up to the following and killed him.

1 tank
    3 healers
    2 Melee
    4 Range.

Myself (Holy Paladin) & Tank soaking the Furious Swipes.

Pheromone started on tank, then I took it, then range dps then holy priest. 20 stacks each. The pheromone switches will be the most iffy part of the fight, so pop raid walls (such as devo aura) when the person is 15+ stacks to help mitigate damage and ensure a smooth Crush (since crush itself is weak & topping people off afterwards is simple).

I had read 6 different threads with 6 different ways of going about it. This is the one that worked to our raid comp & individual player strengths.

We also used 1 tank, 1 plate-dps for tanking. 3 healers. Differing dps setups (we killed him twice already).

Pheromone stacks up to about 20. Kiters: Tank, plate dps, healer 1, healer 2. Rinse and repeat.

Deleted
    Hi there!
    We're on garalon tonight
    Our comp
    Tanks= Prot pally and guardian
    Heals= Disci (me) pally and monk
    Dps= Rogue, war, fire mage, elem sham and boomkin

Do you think the setup is ok for this boss?
    I'll ask my pally (who is dps first spec) to tank with dps gear

Do you have some tips?
    I want (for the pheromones) to do:
    1- me 2- Guardian 3- pal prot 4- Sham elem

I want the two other healers to be focused on healing. I will dps most of the time, like i do in most of the boss anyway, regarding how bad the disc priest is atm
    I'm afraid that it will be very difficult for the tanks to switch pheromones with me or the sham, and to kite the boss well
    I tried on lfr (tanking with my pal), it was ok, but not sure it works on 10m

Other solution is the 3 healers kitting

If you can help me to improve my strayegy, that would be really nice

(sorry for my english, french inside)