Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    As i can see plenty of guilds are all ready @ 4/4 , would be great if you guys could share some tips about each encounter.
    How "hard" was elite mode on Protectors?
    How are Tsulong and Lei Shi tuned?
    And Sha of Fear : how is the fight compared to , let's say , Empress?
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Just did elite mode Protectors before.
    Fight was quite easy, was able to 2 heal it as there isn't much damage.
    Will reply more, as we kill the other bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    Just did elite mode Protectors before.
    Fight was quite easy, was able to 2 heal it as there isn't much damage.
    Will reply more, as we kill the other bosses.
    Thanks a lot mate and good luck.

Wiped like 3 times on Tsulong, because people weren't dispelling the boss.
    The sun phase has to be done correctly, a mistake eg. add hitting the boss/debuff not being dispelled can push you back a lot.
    It seems quite tuned overall.

Protectors: elite is possible if your raid group has a good amount of dps, since you will run out of room due to expel corruption. It is probably worth attempting for elite gear since it is pretty easy fight none the less. 9 manned this fight because we were missing a raider. Have no experience with the non-elite version, so I cannot compare the difficulty to that.

Tsulong: dispel boss of terrorize and its pretty much cake walk, as long you kill adds and heal boss. If you let errorize drain tsulong hp, you will hit enrage most likely, as we didnt dispel most of the terrorize on our first attempt and hit hard enrage.

Le Shi: Spray stack debuff, tank taunt swap at ~ 15 stacks +/- depending on how durable your tank is. When boss reaches ~40%, start swapping at ~10 stacks as he will start spamming spray VERY fast. I found this fight to be much more spikey in terms of damage, at least for me as a Guardian as I tend to take Le Shi when protectors spawn, so I couldn't generate rage off the boss.

Sha of Fear: Less dangerous and less chance of dying versus empress. Of course, taking into account people not taking the breath attacks from sha and you have enough dps for the adds on the other shrine platforms. I felt like the adds on empress TRUCKED me versus any of the damage taken from Sha of Fear. His Thrash ability was scary if I don't dodge any of the 3 melee attacks. If I took all 3 melee attacks during thrash, it can drop me to ~25-30% from 100%.

Overall, I think Terrace is under tuned compare to Heart of Fear. But keep this in mind, both Terrace and Heart was suppose to be released together but Blizzard decided to separate both raid release 2 weeks apart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Protectors: elite is possible if your raid group has a good amount of dps, since you will run out of room due to expel corruption. It is probably worth attempting for elite gear since it is pretty easy fight none the less. 9 manned this fight because we were missing a raider. Have no experience with the non-elite version, so I cannot compare the difficulty to that.

Tsulong: dispel boss of terrorize and its pretty much cake walk, as long you kill adds and heal boss. If you let errorize drain tsulong hp, you will hit enrage most likely, as we didnt dispel most of the terrorize on our first attempt and hit hard enrage.

Le Shi: Spray stack debuff, tank taunt swap at ~ 15 stacks +/- depending on how durable your tank is. When boss reaches ~40%, start swapping at ~10 stacks as he will start spamming spray VERY fast. I found this fight to be much more spikey in terms of damage, at least for me as a Guardian as I tend to take Le Shi when protectors spawn, so I couldn't generate rage off the boss.

Sha of Fear: Less dangerous and less chance of dying versus empress. Of course, taking into account people not taking the breath attacks from sha and you have enough dps for the adds on the other shrine platforms. I felt like the adds on empress TRUCKED me versus any of the damage taken from Sha of Fear. His Thrash ability was scary if I don't dodge any of the 3 melee attacks. If I took all 3 melee attacks during thrash, it can drop me to ~25-30% from 100%.

Overall, I think Terrace is under tuned compare to Heart of Fear. But keep this in mind, both Terrace and Heart was suppose to be released together but Blizzard decided to separate both raid release 2 weeks apart.
    Cheers Williee , and say hello to your hunter! He knows why.

Overall thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Yeah in terms of an overall instance I felt that Terrace seemed slightly less under-tuned than Heart of Fear

Sha of Fear : We managed to use lust twice in this fight just due to the longetivity, once at the start, then again when a group came back. Also with the second lust, we were able to lust for the people who were on the main platform, and then we could lust again for when the other group came back, as they out-ranged the first lust.

You could also LoS the blossom of death with the terraces', but we found it was best just to cooldown each one.

We one shot Protectors on "Elite" mode with basically a blind pull. Assign interrupts, and avoid mechanics like you would any other boss. Win.

Tsulong? AE heal for night phase, reset stacks as necessary. Day phase, kill adds. Don't let the outer ring adds touch the boss, keep the rest tanked in front of him. Dispel him when it says, collect loot.

Lei shi? Uh... DPS the boss and heal. Only hard part of the fight is when you get more Water elementals during the last two spawns, just pick up the CC, win fight.

Sha, not really hard either. Dps boss and one side of adds until people start going to the platform, as they come back, have them kill one add on the main platform before going back onto the boss. The teleported groups, just hit the add and collect the orbs as they drop. LoS those outer platform adds' channeled ability. Win fight.

Honestly, not the most challenging tier ever.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    We one shot Protectors on "Elite" mode with basically a blind pull. Assign interrupts, and avoid mechanics like you would any other boss. Win.

Tsulong? AE heal for night phase, reset stacks as necessary. Day phase, kill adds. Don't let the outer ring adds touch the boss, keep the rest tanked in front of him. Dispel him when it says, collect loot.

Lei shi? Uh... DPS the boss and heal. Only hard part of the fight is when you get more Water elementals during the last two spawns, just pick up the CC, win fight.

Sha, not really hard either. Dps boss and one side of adds until people start going to the platform, as they come back, have them kill one add on the main platform before going back onto the boss. The teleported groups, just hit the add and collect the orbs as they drop. LoS those outer platform adds' channeled ability. Win fight.

Honestly, not the most challenging tier ever.
    As a hunter:

Protectors:
    Regail: Spread out. His attack hits people within 7 yards.
    Asani: Try to stay in the bronze circle in the center to make sure you get the purified buff. DPS.
    Kaolan: If your tank can understand "Drop expel corruption overlapping with the last one" you'll be fine for Protectors Elite. (The expel drops at his feet, and makes a HUGE ring on the ground, if you don't overlap them, you'll run out of room to fight.)

Honestly, I found this fight HUGELY disappointing. It was incredibly easy in "elite mode". Heroic seems to throw some adds into the mix, so hopefuly that will help.

Tsu long:
    I dug this one. The flip-flop of healing/dpsing on the boss was neat.
    Night phase : Dps the boss. Don't stand too close to the sunbeam, if you drop the nightmare on the beam, that's annoying. But those phase in a few seconds, so it's not a MAJOR deal. But still annoying. Also *TURN OFF your DBM alter for Dread Shadows* It starts hollaring at you to touch the sunbeam and get cleansed at 6 stacks of Dread Shadows. Which is crazy, we had people easily living through 15 stacks without issue. But the light beams respawned so quickly, that clearing around 8~10 was completely doable.
    Day Phase : Spread out around the ring and dps unstable shas as they spawn. The adds can be CC'd slowed, everything. I found that freezing trap 1, and concing another gave me more than enough time to handle 2 of them solo if needed. But as long as people understand that those adds>all you'll be fine. Turn and throw some dots Embodied terror and get your ass back on the unstable shas. Generally, our tanks were keeping the Embodied Terrors and the Fright spawns in front of the boss, and his breath was keep them controlled.

Lei Shi : I loved this fight. Make sure your CC's are *fast*. CC everything, and then select a target to break out. You can easily break a CC after your dps target is selected. But trying to CC after everything has been hit is a pain in the ass. For the "Get Away" we found that you can't just run straight at her, you have to strafe around while running forward at her. Otherwise, you catch up to lei shi, and end up having to pause or you flip sides and get raped. It actually felt A LOT like doing zor'lok for me. :P

Sha : This one seemed to be a fight about balance. We focused too hard on the adds for an attempt, then too hard on the adds for an attempt. The enrage here is like 15minutes, so don't try to brute force down the sha. Make sure your tank knows to stand in the light, and everyone else knows to stand in the cone. Remember that when you come back from a platform, you are immune to the AOE and have a damage buff, so kill the crap out of the terror spawns and take full advantage of your immunity to breath of fear. If people on the platforms can Get every orb, and LOS Death Blossom alright, then you should be ok.

What helped us, was paying attention to which side of the platform we were on. He'd cackle people off to the right, so the dps who were on sha knew to clean up the left side terror spawns a bit. Since when the cackle group comes back, they are guaranteed to kill a terror on the right side (It puts them right behind the terrors, with the buff, it's pretty obvious)

If you're cleared HoF, terrace shouldn't be that tough for you.

ya i agree with everyone. elite mode protector is lawlcakes...
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

15+ Year Old Account
    Cheers everyone for nice inputs. Let's see how HM will look like in TES.

that "hardmode" it's just joke such a faceroll. It looks also easier than normal mode rotation on bosses but maybe bit more healing intensive

10+ Year Old Account
    Protectors: if not doing elite mode you can 1-tank 2-heal this making it way quicker. Have the Tank pick up regail and kaolan.

Tsulong: sit one healer on boss during day phase for healing and dispels. Coordinate dispels quickly to prevent unnecessary raid damage.

Lei Shi: Set up healing CD rotation for Get Away! You can CC the protectors (bind elemental, trap, etc.) making the dmg they put out significantly less.

Sha of Fear: Save 3m CDs for the crossbowmen. The sooner you get out of that phase the sooner you get back with Fearless buff to help clear out adds. The more overlap you get of 2 groups out fighting Sha, the faster this long long fight goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    While I'm aware that most of us are focused on HoF /MSV hard modes progression , I'd like to have us prepared for incoming last instance of the tier : TES.
    Sadly I wasn't able to play Beta before MoP was released so my only pre-knowledge about encounters comes from various Youtube movies , dungeon journal and various sites with boss's abilities.

The idea of this topic is to answer any kind of questions related to four boss encounters , wetter it'd be normal or hard modes.

Please keep it constructive , any kind of useful tips / info regarding this instance will be greatly appreciated by many.

I'll try to keep this thread updated as much as I can , and will eventually sum up all four fights , once I've got time / more insight in those.
    While tips and things can be useful, the normal version of this instance was extremely easy. No beta experience, no videos watched, no strats read. We 1 shot the 1st boss on Elite, 2 shot 2nd, 2 shot 3rd, 2 shot last. They aren't difficult fights at all.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Just curious on a few things, since we can't head in to terrace until tonight:

1. Do passive healing dps CDs (vampiric, ancestral guidance, nature's vigil) hit tsulong as well? I think they should, but you never know.

2. How many healers were people using for each fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by continuousbeing View Post
    Just curious on a few things, since we can't head in to terrace until tonight:

1. Do passive healing dps CDs (vampiric, ancestral guidance, nature's vigil) hit tsulong as well? I think they should, but you never know.

2. How many healers were people using for each fight?
    1. i know AG targets most injured members so as long as tsulongs health is low enough yes.

2. Protectors: 2, Tsulong: Designed for 3, Lei Shi: 3 (but could easily be 2 healed I assume), Sha: Designed for 2

Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    1. i know AG targets most injured members so as long as tsulongs health is low enough yes.

2. Protectors: 2, Tsulong: Designed for 3, Lei Shi: 3 (but could easily be 2 healed I assume), Sha: Designed for 2
    Right on, thanks. I was only uncertain about the healing cds because they all say "raid or party members," and I wasn't sure how the boss was flagged during that portion of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by continuousbeing View Post
    Right on, thanks. I was only uncertain about the healing cds because they all say "raid or party members," and I wasn't sure how the boss was flagged during that portion of the fight.
    We popped barrier and tree+tranq on his first sun breath and his health spiked up super fast. Using your healing cooldowns with a breath will make his enrage a joke.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did any1 tried Glyph of Purity on Tsulong ?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Terrace only feels undertuned because it's the same iLvL and difficulty as HoF, and we also have two more weeks of gear. If we had went into Terrace and HoF at the exact same time I think it might be a different story. I found HoF less enjoyable personally with frustrating bosses that were slightly bugged (no pun intended) and less creative. Garalon wasn't fun, Shek'zeer was boring, and half of our raiders didn't enjoy Amber Shaper either.

Terrace was a very enjoyable, at least the bosses were.

We did the first boss on normal elite with 1 tank and 2 healers to which we found pretty easy overall. It's a lot of damage and honestly, it's not as melee unfriendly as one might think.
    Tsulong we used three healers and wiped several times. Once we cleaned up dispels and the add phase we went from wiping at about 30% to enrage, to beating the encounter with like a minute and a half on enrage left.

Lei Shi we two healed. Thought this encounter would be boring based on the dungeon journal, but it was probably one of the more unique encounters thus far. We 3 shot this boss once we figured out you could CC the elementals that come out. DK tank vs Warrior tank on this fight for soaking is a night and day difference lol.

Sha of Fear we we two healed as well. Make sure you're in the 'V' for breaths and that your raid prioritizes the adds over everything else until the last 10-15% or so. The encounter is over 10 minutes long so we used lust at the start, and then rotated lusts on individual groups with the buffs as they came back at the end of the encounter. We finished the encounter around the 11 minute mark.

Sha must like Will of the Emperor (at least normal Sha) is a very rhythm based encounter. It's very easy to fall behind if you fall into bad habits or get behind on particular adds. Make sure your tanks stay in to soak orbs when the archer add started his death blossom, and also make sure you're constantly picking up orbs. Letting them heal a couple times is a very easy way for your raid to wipe.