Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Boss] Questions with Garalon

I've just got a quick question for Garalon. With me being fire should I mainly just cleave off the front legs and not focus on the body? I've noticed almost every strategy/post about it says that ranged should stay on his body the whole time. But with 2-3 legs down, I can safely and efficiently stay inside the leg zone for the weak point debuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Have had multiple 5-10% wipes, but, would really love to optimize my dps on this fight.

Deleted
    You only spready your combustion from the legs. everytime u have combustion ready, you use it on the legs with a big ignite to spread it to body... The whole other fight you can attack the body an spread dots to legs. Let your melees handle the legs. They benefit more

Thank you very much. Over our few attempts I've been using combustion off the legs with a high ignite for some nice damage to the body. But other than that, I've mostly just been on his body. Played around with standing in the weak point zone and I definitely feel staying on his body yields more damage over the course of the fight than trying to stay in his leg range. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Deleted
    Running around as fire srews my dps by a lot. Im usually doing 120-130k at the end of the foght with this tactic. Really depnes on the critluck when i stay in the cirle of the lef. Sometimes I get a 250k + ignite... Always try to aim for the leg not everybody else is on doing dmg. If you crit with all the trikets etc up and Warp running legs drops lieke flies... I haven been very unlucky in the past with my combust ... Used It on the leg with a 200k ignite ... inferno blast not able. Legs's dead .. Oo... that really pisses me of

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    You only spready your combustion from the legs. everytime u have combustion ready, you use it on the legs with a big ignite to spread it to body... The whole other fight you can attack the body an spread dots to legs. Let your melees handle the legs. They benefit more
    I'm not sure how melee benefit more. Melee have to move quite a lot (while hitting boss too) but we don't lose that much dps moving with scorch. Besides, with our ability to spread dots from leg to body we probably pull the most damage out of any dps assigned to kill legs. On our kill we had me full time on the legs and people switching to legs that spawned near to them. If i was falling behind I'd all for help from our ret and stabilize the number of legs up.
    Worked fine and we beat enrage by quite a large margin

Deleted
    2 Melees Warri/Ret can easily keep the legs at bay. Our melees usually get finisched with one leg when the other one spawns. Since they get 100% more dmg on the legs they will double their dps. Why should you go with them on the legs when you A) have to move and use scorch(which is a dps loss in two ways) and B) Steel effective DMG from your melees which can do 90% of the fight with a 100% dmg buff + you do more dmg while standing still and cast like a midnless tree.

Its just a shift of dmg if you go with them on the legs so you now have time to do the body with 2 more dpsers... makes no sence for me. Just personal DPS penismeter

Deleted
    Because you also benefit from the damage buff and that fire mage is the only class that can benefit from the dmg increase on leg in terms of dmg done to boss. Also you don't seem to understand the mechanic of the fight, the legs are each on an individual regen timer, the point of killing legs is primaril slowing the boss rather than killing the legs to damage him. What counts on garalon is uptime on the boss as it is a decent dps check, not having all his legs down 100% of the time.

Basically you are the best class (besides sub) at killing legs and still doing damage to the boss. You're one of the best cleavers so if you don't have a rogue/a very good warrior, fire mage excel at going on the legs if you're struggling with dps.

Quote Originally Posted by nsnlol View Post
    Because you also benefit from the damage buff and that fire mage is the only class that can benefit from the dmg increase on leg in terms of dmg done to boss. Also you don't seem to understand the mechanic of the fight, the legs are each on an individual regen timer, the point of killing legs is primaril slowing the boss rather than killing the legs to damage him. What counts on garalon is uptime on the boss as it is a decent dps check, not having all his legs down 100% of the time.
    Going from what you are saying about each leg having an individual cooldown that would mean IF you had a rogue or a class that benefits from the leg cleave, you would want the only leg up dieing just as the new leg is coming up so the aoe dps always benefit.

For example: if everyone switches to the leg the rogue will get only get say 10 seconds of 300% bonus damage (100% bonus to the leg, 200% bonus to body since cleave) if the leg is dead and they are attacking the boss waiting for the next leg they are only doing 100% damage. When a leg is up they are doing 400% (100% on leg +100% bonus x2 since splashed to boss.) So ideally you would want the rogue always using the splash damage of the leg instead of killing it instantly, but you don't want multiple legs up either.

In short, if you have a rogue or one that splashes almost as often as one leave a leg up for them to do splash damage, splash combustion when its up too, and if they fall behind help them out.

Deleted
    I only go on legs when:

1. Combustion is ready.
    2. A leg is very close to me so it's easy for me to move into the range without losing dps.

Deleted
    Indeed. And after rogues, we are the best splashers

Deleted
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...normal-heroic/

With regard to all raid difficulties, after further testing the encounter, we realized that certain abilities were having unintended effects. Blade Flurry, Inferno Blast and Sweeping Strikes were doing double damage to Garalon's body while attacking his legs, which was not intended. We are currently implementing a hotfix, which should take effect after realms are restarted, that will cause these abilities to do normal damage to the body while continuing to do double damage to the legs.

Deleted
    But with this change does it mean if we combust the leg the damage will get split in half if we spread it to garalon? I mean there's so many fights were this is possible, just look at wind lord mel'jarak.

Deleted
    I've really no idea. Combustion is made of ignite and ignite itself comes from fireball / pyro. So, its more or less indirect damage that is dependant from another spell. I think this hotfix will only change the damage of spreading mage bombs (or I hope so!)..

Deleted
    If you play well nuke legs. If you are uncomfortable moving around just turret the body.

Personally I nuke legs which I can easily reach, usually the two legs closest to the center. Combustion on legs with buff is an obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Did exactly the same

For the moving question, you may look into scorch(giving up PoM makes me a Sad Panda). I know when I'm dropping pheromones, having scorch is better then nothing or the chance at getting his by Pheromone Trail.

Deleted
    We should not DPS the legs, even building combustion on them is a loss in Boss raid dps(after they nerfed the cleave), Since we dont exactly cleave our damage to the boss, we only cleave combust/dots/bombs. But all the build up time is single target damage, making the leg die faster and rogues/other melee cleavers is loosing dps because of this, when rogues Bladefury they cleave 100% we only cleave when we spread, and not on fireball/pyro build up, the single target damage we do on legs is in effect a damage loss on the Boss because the rogues cant cleave that damage to boss.

Also staying outside your main part of the raid that is stacked up for healing is a really really bad idea on this fight as it will put a large amount of stress on your healers. You should be standing together with the stacked part of the raid, period. Only leaving for pheromone kite.

The boss loses health equivalent to the max health of the leg that was killed. Killing them is important to slow the boss, however if you can't stand in the circle for "Weak Point" you are better off just DPSing the boss from the middle and letting the Melee kill legs since they will have to be in the circle anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's also largely dependent on your raid group. My group is melee heavy, I probably won't get much time on the legs but will dot up. After all, it's easy to dot, and move on to the bigger target.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulski View Post
    The boss loses health equivalent to the max health of the leg that was killed. Killing them is important to slow the boss, however if you can't stand in the circle for "Weak Point" you are better off just DPSing the boss from the middle and letting the Melee kill legs since they will have to be in the circle anyway.
    But if the leg dies to cleaving any way, you would still have lost the potential cleave damage by single targeting it down. You only need 2 legs constantly dead for him to move slow enough to deal with kiting, actually having to many legs down can slow him down to a point were the ranged kiting the boss is out of range for the entire time of kiting witch also is a dps loss. When method killed garalon on HC they had one of he's front legs alive for the entire fight only taking damage from boss->leg cleave, this is only to say you dont need all 4 down all the time for him to be kited.