Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some ideas to fix our soon to broken spec.
    -Increase TV damage to 300% weapon damage.
    -Reduce exorcism cooldown to 12 seconds.
    -Make seal of light give haste rating equal to 10% haste instead of cast speed.
    Last edited by ipoststuff; 2012-11-24 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    I really hope that Blizzard compensate for this nerf somehow. Ret healing really isn't that strong and nerfing us contradicts Blizzard's own vision for the spec (as a warrior/healer hybrid).

No IMO, it's not justified. It's just a sweeping nerf that has accidentally effected ret. Assuming it goes live, which it probably will.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healing is for healing spec, dps is for dps spec. I fully agree with Blizzard, nerf those suckers down!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electroso View Post
    Healing is for healing spec, dps is for dps spec. I fully agree with Blizzard, nerf those suckers down!
    So you say your healing of your pure dps (or dps/tank hybrid) class should also get nerfed?

I have no idea how ret is at pvp, as I'm holy, but what I hear all rets think it's undertuned and any other class thinks rets should be an easier hk (Rets don't scratch me outside cooldowns and when they have cds up I can counter them easily enough).
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Good thing warriors heals themselves better than some hybrids (without using globals or any resources), but their healing isn't being touched. Second wind is going to out heal any hybrid after this nerf, while warriors will also have a superior offensive toolbox as well... basically we're back to the usual catch 22 with this nerf: hybrids have less nasty tools than pures but they can heal, oh but wait their heals are worthless so basically they are just gimp dps with a healing gimmick that makes a difference once in a blue moon.

This healing nerf is complete non-sense, they saw some impressive SPriest numbers under only some circumstances, and they freaked out. This supposedly OP hybrid healing is in many ways just at illusion, our sustained healing might be decent, but we have no where near the burst healing or healing cooldowns of an actual healer, so when it counts our healing is actually quite inferior. Healers like Holy Paladins or Druids also have insane CC, which most Hybrid dps don't have. They are also making the laughable mistake of comparing caster hybrids (who have huge mana pools and can spam heals in a pinch) to melee hybrids who needs to build up resources like Holy Power to heal... in almost every way this nerf is ignorance and incompetence at its peak.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2012-11-25 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    So its okay for pure dps classes to have more potent healing abilities, that scale better come 5.1 with PVP power than hybrids that actively rely on healing to survive?...

Deleted
    Second Wind works through silences and stuns too and doesn't waste globals.

Blizz need to up the healing on Flash heals for rets. Make Selfless Healer effect the paladin as well, but then they'd have to call it something else.

Blizz won't fix anything until many more players stop playing ret paladins because they balance in terms of numbers and not viability. As long as people are happy playing a broken class Blizz have less incentive to fix it, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Second Wind works through silences and stuns too and doesn't waste globals.

Blizz need to up the healing on Flash heals for rets. Make Selfless Healer effect the paladin as well, but then they'd have to call it something else.

Blizz won't fix anything until many more players stop playing ret paladins because they balance in terms of numbers and not viability. As long as people are happy playing a broken class Blizz have less incentive to fix it, it seems.
    I would love to see Selfless Healer go, it's an ill-conceived mechanic that encourages the opponent to focus Ret in competitive PvP. It creates a silly imbalance between our self-healing and healing of others, which makes the spec difficult to tune. If they do keep it, Ret desperately needs a new defensive ability, the Sacred Shield we had in Cata is really still quite necessary.

Deleted
    I'd like a talent that lets you use a big heal instantly every min or so. Something like that. Something that heals well too but is mana costly to balance it.

Flash heals really drain our mana at the moment, but after the PVP healing nerf, they will only be ok for healing others.

I hope the nerf doesn't go live for ret, but experience has taught me to expect the worst.