Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

botting is out of control

mop seems to have caused an explosion in bots,maybe because leveling is so boring?

playing in the 85-89 bracket, eye of the storm, 8 people just sat on the starting zone half the game

av is the best for bots, some games i've counted up to 19 people in the cave

wsg, 7/10 were bots, couldn't cap a flag

essentially the team that has the least bots wins so it's totally random, you might get 1 bot or half your team might be bots.

every game has at least 1 bot or afker, sure you can report them but that takes time and most often you just get more bots.

they need to start slapping people with a week long account bans or something if they get afk kicked like 3 times in a 24 hour period, because anyone active doesn't get afk booted.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree here during early mornings, then there is more bots then humans when I play =)

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you really need to make, yet another thread on this? There are hundreds of threads getting started for pointless reasons -.-'

The problem with banning boters is that they will tell blizzard their account has been hacked and will get it back within 2 days. So as nothing is done, people keep on botting because there are no real consequences.

*points on PVP FORUM* go there and talk about these "battle grounds" you speak off..
    and as Gobra said..yeh

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6469...ned-08_11_2012

Same thing happends with WoW. Ban comes in weaves, we should have one soon - few months after MoP started.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Did you really need to make, yet another thread on this? There are hundreds of threads getting started for pointless reasons -.-'
    well this is my first thread on the matter

if people were never allowed to make the same thread twice we should probably just close the forums

maybe I could make a thread on how hawt sylvanas is, that's more productive.

can someone make a video of this. It's one of the main reason I quit wow, due to the fact I used to spend so much time reporting bots but they always would turn up months and months after numerous reports. At first I was annoyed but then I got angry at the lack of response from blizzard in dealing with this.

I need a good laugh, someone make a video of this.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

They should just make people have to type in something on the screen like oldschool DOS games.

"Type in the 5th word of this sentence: Blah blah blah blah blah blah." Then randomize what # of the sentence the word is. Have random quest text appear and you just type out the word they choose.

Then again, any solutions just decrease revenue, so I doubt they will bother, there are many obvious solutions to the problem. They might even offer incentives to report bots, perhaps a free day for every 10 reports. But for some reason I don't think they are very motivated to address this problem.

I had a friend who botted in WOTLK almost every night for months and the worst he got was a 24 hour suspension and lost the honor he did in the previous 3 days, but he also gained about 90% of his gear by doing basically nothing. And that was what.. 4 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by bmiara View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6469...ned-08_11_2012

Same thing happends with WoW. Ban comes in weaves, we should have one soon - few months after MoP started.
    I used to think they did it in waves, but the same bots would turn up months after I reported them. I stopped believing in 'Ban comes in waves' anymore.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    well this is my first thread on the matter

if people were never allowed to make the same thread twice we should probably just close the forums

maybe I could make a thread on how hawt sylvanas is, that's more productive.
    But this isn't the same thread twice, It's actually against the rules to make pointless threads when there already loads on the subject, it doesn't matter if this is your own first thread, the search function is there for a reason, try to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    But this isn't the same thread twice, It's actually against the rules to make pointless threads when there already loads on the subject, it doesn't matter if this is your own first thread, the search function is there for a reason, try to use it
    how about no.

10+ Year Old Account
    how about no.
    Lol, Just shows your maturity level then doesn't it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    They should just make people have to type in something on the screen like oldschool DOS games.
    Easiest solution is prevent following in BGs. A lot in those BGs aren't bots they're multiboxers with their alts, trying to get a 2+ for 1 deal on honor.

That would also eliminate the 40 account multiboxers from forming their own team, too (that junk has to stop, no entire or almost all team by one player).

How can players care about the game if Blizzard doesn't?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

15+ Year Old Account
    I always think that "oh my, this dumb thread got bumped again" but it's always a new one with the very same name and the same stupid content all the time. There are countless blue posts on the topic, just search...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    A lot in those BGs aren't bots they're multiboxers with their alts
    Yeah, like perhaps one multiboxer for ten thousand bots. If that. Been in WSG a couple times with 9 bots and myself. That's so fun.

Also, following isn't required for multiboxing. It's just one form of controlling your characters. You can also move all (~)five at the same time.

Preventing following in battlegrounds is no kind of a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I always think that "oh my, this dumb thread got bumped again" but it's always a new one with the very same name and the same stupid content all the time. There are countless blue posts on the topic, just search...
    oh hey maybe just press the back button next time, it's less effort than typing.

there are alot of "useless threads" on this forums discussing issues done to death

like this one

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pinion-Garrosh

because you know, we can never have enough garrosh threads

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-to-be-BoA-now

hmm oh yes people wanting secondary professions to be account wide, nneeevvvverrr heard about that before

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
    The problem with banning boters is that they will tell blizzard their account has been hacked and will get it back within 2 days. So as nothing is done, people keep on botting because there are no real consequences.
    easily fixed by adding a computer ban on botters. Ban the account the botter is on. Also ban the computer. Like gpu, motherboard or HD ID. When they call and say the account was "hacked". Thats ok. Harder to say your computer was stolen and used for botting

Could possibly work with Ip aswell. Lock the game to your ip adress. if you get banned for botting on that ip adress. just never open it again

15+ Year Old Account
    oh hey maybe just press the back button next time, it's less effort than typing.

there are alot of "useless threads" on this forums discussing issues done to death
    So because others are stupid and didn't use the search function, you have the right to be stupid as well? OK. You act like a little kid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    can someone make a video of this. It's one of the main reason I quit wow, due to the fact I used to spend so much time reporting bots but they always would turn up months and months after numerous reports. At first I was annoyed but then I got angry at the lack of response from blizzard in dealing with this.

I need a good laugh, someone make a video of this.
    You quit too soon, there was a ban wave "coming soon (tm)". There's always a ban wave coming soon. Honest, it's there, just past the horizon.