Poll: What do you think about raid difficulty?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you think about raid difficulty?

I was reading guildox and looking at the numbers for guilds raiding and amount of kills in regular and heroic and was a little surprised to see them alot lower than I had anticipated so I thought I would start a thread and see whet others thought.

Here is the information I am looking at, and if you have any other information to link please do.

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=6
    Last edited by roflmfao; 2012-11-09 at 07:00 PM.

I look on http://www.wowprogress.com/.

98% of the guilds have killed Guardians and 34% has killed Emperor on normal. Nothing wrong with that. These raids are not that old, it's a new expansion and there are plenty of guilds who simply take it slow. They might only start raiding when these raids are getting nerfed in a month or two (guessing here).

We got three difficulties now. So the percentages of how many guilds killed heroic bosses isn't that important anymore. You can just progress at your own pace and still see all the bosses.

I didn't expect more guilds to clear more bosses. Why did you anticipate more guilds would clear these raids?

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the raiding currently is pretty challenging, and I think that's fine.

Normals feel overtuned for the target demographic. Heroics feel very well tuned, IMO. (3/6hc 6/6)

With the exception of H Vizier, heroics seem to be tuned pretty well. SK needs a fixed order because it's impossible for all but 2 variations, but the one that works is tuned well.

Vizier is just a bitch. Have to Reset Kings it again, and it's just RNG instant wipe in p2.

6/6H MSV 6/6N HoF here

Deleted
    You want us to discuss 2 different difficulties yet the poll has only one option.
    Whatever result in vote count it has you cant draw any conclusion out of it, since the poll is not well constructed. You should better stick to either normal or heroic difficulty, or offer options about the difficulty about "raiding in MoP" in general.

For me difficulty is just about right, certainly harder than dragon soul pre nerf, as it should be, that will gradually get easier at a faster pace than dragon soul did (without counting nerfs) since the initial access to gear was very limited and now it is not.
    Just remember that most people when dragon soul started were at 378 or more, while raid was awarding 397, while now most started with 463 or less while the raid is rewarding 489.

Normal is fine so far; DS was just a terrible raid in nearly every aspect and the complete lack of difficulty near the end really inflated some egos (cue the 30% Saviors who cried about wiping on Stone Guard week 1 of raids). Heroics feel good so far, though RNG should definitely not play such a heavy role on some fights.

3/6 MSV HM, 4/6 HoF N

Normal is a bit too hard imo. It's definitely not something the "normal" player can handle.
    Heroic feels alright.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    I was reading guildox and looking at the numbers for guilds raiding and amount of kills in regular and heroic and was a little surprised to see them alot lower than I had anticipated
    The number is lower because the data is wrong.
    23k Stone Guard kills vs 27k on WoWProgress.
    Currently WoWProgress is the only somehow reliable source about progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    The number is lower because the data is wrong.
    23k Stone Guard kills vs 27k on WoWProgress.
    Currently WoWProgress is the only somehow reliable source about progression.
    Is this because they parse differently? GuildOx seems to take forever to update while WoWProgress is really fast. I wonder how each gets its information.

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    You want us to discuss 2 different difficulties yet the poll has only one option.
    Whatever result in vote count it has you cant draw any conclusion out of it, since the poll is not well constructed. You should better stick to either normal or heroic difficulty, or offer options about the difficulty about "raiding in MoP" in general.

For me difficulty is just about right, certainly harder than dragon soul pre nerf, as it should be, that will gradually get easier at a faster pace than dragon soul did (without counting nerfs) since the initial access to gear was very limited and now it is not.
    Just remember that most people when dragon soul started were at 378 or more, while raid was awarding 397, while now most started with 463 or less while the raid is rewarding 489.
    Tried to edit the poll, but wont let me. Thought I set it up for more than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I look on http://www.wowprogress.com/.

98% of the guilds have killed Guardians and 34% has killed Emperor on normal. Nothing wrong with that.
    The 98% figure is meaningless, since it's the percentage of guilds that have at least one boss down in the tier (it's not 100% due to rare cases where the guild didn't satisfy the criteria for having a "guild kill".) Of course the number will be very high, regardless of difficulty.

The more interesting number is the absolute number of guilds, and guilds x average raid size. The latter is still quite small, especially when you consider wowprogress also tracks Korean guilds.

The casual guilds that liked Wrath-level difficulty are, once again, screwed, unless they want to run LFR. That's not (IMO) an adequate solution.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't done any H HoF but have experience on every H MSV and the difficulty seems perfect. All the fights require everyone to be flawless, if more than 1 person dies, even in 25man It's a serious problem and more than 3 dying is nothing short of a wipe. None of the fights look to be 'guild breakers' or serious cock blocks but all are retard-proof so the difficulty is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Deleted
    Normal feels a little easy, don't know about heroics. I've only watched a few 25m heroics which seemed pretty difficult, guessing 10m are quite a bit easier.

Deleted
    i think some of the normals are a little over tuned ... but heroics feel good.

theres still so many players unable to kill boss's like elegon, after this amount of time that just doesnt feel right. some HOF normals feel as hard as some of the easier heroics in the past (eg artemedes heroic is probably easier than say amber shaper/last boss in hof)

Deleted
    Loving the difficulty atm, A nice change from all the nerfed content we had to put up with for half a year or so.
    Felt good to finally down Elegon and Garalon.

I am really enjoying the raid difficulty this tier. I think it is spot on where it needs to be. Difficult enough that if you dont pay attention and do your job you fail, but easy enough to become easily repeatable once you master the mechanics. Im really pleased with the normal modes thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose regular is okay but in honesty elegon fucked us up. killed him this week but it was overturned. everything else is at worst 1 night of practice and it dies. hope to clear a few heroic by next tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think reg is a little over tuned for the average guild. Heroics are fine.

I've only seen reg so far, but I'm enjoying the difficulty of it. *Most* fights aren't too easy, but they're also not too hard. I feel like, with my guild, we work on a new fight and get the feeling of "Oh hey, if we fix this and this, we'll have this boss down within the night. Maybe sooner".

Definitely having more fun than I was in Cata.