Poll: What do you think about raid difficulty?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I feel like the raids are very well tuned right now. I do hope however the 'big three' bosses in heroics get harder as the expac goes on.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    I think reg is a little over tuned for the average guild. Heroics are fine.
    I definitively disagree if regular bosses get even a wee bit easier, they will just roll over. Progression is part of raiding no matter what status as a player you give yourself.

I've found the normals to be pretty much perfectly tuned and the few heroics I've tried are appropriately difficult (if anything slightly too easy). The normal bosses each present a decent guild a good 10-30 wipe blockade to overcome which seems just about right to me.

As a member of a 10/25m guild who raids 2-3 times a week, I think the normals are pretty well tuned. Elegon seems a little overtuned, since a big mistake from just one person can lead to a wipe there even in 25 man if your raid isn't prepared for it, which is a little unforgiving for a normal mode in my eyes. All the other fights in MV were a joke by comparison, and will fell in 5-6 pulls after we finally got elegon down; with a guild where most of the people hadn't seen the encounter outside of LFR.

Now we clear MV in about 2 - 2.5 hours in a night, having learned the fights. Took about a night to work out Vizier Zor'lok, what with the ring dodging and the burst healing requirements, but that's as expected. Made some attempts at Blade Lord and expect to have him down next raid. (Both much easier than Elegon.)

Haven't touched heroic modes yet, so can't speak to them, but normal modes seem fine for us; a group of people, most of whom hadn't played since early cata, and who consider ourselves pretty average (if slightly above average in our own minds).

Some of the heroic modes look nightmareish for our group, though, but they don't look so hard that they wouldn't be down with some wiping... even if it ends up being a lot of it. Except for pre-nerf Vizier, anyway. That fight looked impossible.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I definitively disagree if regular bosses get even a wee bit easier, they will just roll over. Progression is part of raiding no matter what status as a player you give yourself.
    I think our problem as a guild was going from 8/8hc in DS in a night to downng a boss every night or two (excluding elegon), very hard to adjust to hitting brick walls again but the nerdgasm that went over vent when elegon died was probably worth the 50 odd wipes. I think I like the tuning right now except for elegon.

Deleted
    I seriously do not get why people raid at all when they expect to down every boss within first 2-3 weeks. What is the point if its just a roll over with max 5 wipes/boss?.
    For me the joy of raiding comes from wiping, the progression, the learning. Once i can watch tv and spam my btm's killing a boss the game starts to become tedious. If you are fine with that why not just stay in lfr? and call it a week. Elegon is no were near overtuned, if any he is slightly undertuned, we raid semi casual 3days 3½hour/week, and he was dead the first week with less than 463 avg ilvl. I do not think any raid should be awarded loot/kill when making mistakes in a raid, raiding is about eliminating mistakes, and do perfect.

I am an old timer that just returned for MoP (last few months in cata) and stopped playing around vasjh in tbc. For me the difficulty of bosses is just stupid easy, and the epic feeling of downing a boss after 1-2 weeks/months is long gone. Imo that is a shame.
    I know a lot of people do not feel this way, most of my own guild included.

i voted hc under tuned seeing both msv and hof hc going down in one week is sad, even for the elite guilds. If i had an option i would have voted normal modes the same way.

2/6msv hm. 4/6hof

I find the heroic difficulty slightly too easy overall. With it being tuned the way it is, and most bosses dying on the first week to the top guilds, you're looking at an extremely short race. This has the side effect that it directs guilds into bruteforcing the content and raiding times that they aren't officially even raiding in order to compete with the other guilds doing the same.

I am hoping that we're looking at an at least several weeks long progression on Sha so that it is possible for guilds who don't (prefer to) raid seven days a week to progress on a slightly more free pace while still remaining in the competition. This would also mean that the heroic modes would retain more of their difficulty with the increased gear levels attained fast after the first weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Normal feels a little easy, don't know about heroics. I've only watched a few 25m heroics which seemed pretty difficult, guessing 10m are quite a bit easier.
    If 10man is easier, then why does 25man have more progress at the moment with more cleared HM's, only Paragon in the top at 10man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    If 10man is easier, then why does 25man have more progress at the moment with more cleared HM's, only Paragon in the top at 10man.
    Because paragon is the only 10man raiding as hardcore as the many hardcore 25's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Normal is a bit too hard imo. It's definitely not something the "normal" player can handle.
    Heroic feels alright.
    wouldnt say that, casual player here 6/6 msv normal 6/6 hof normal cleared and i would say they are tuned just perfectly for the average casual player, give u a little bit of challenge but not so much it feels like just bangin ur head against the wall

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    wouldnt say that, casual player here 6/6 msv normal 6/6 hof normal cleared and i would say they are tuned just perfectly for the average casual player, give u a little bit of challenge but not so much it feels like just bangin ur head against the wall
    Despite calling yourself casual, the average player is nowhere near 6/6 normal mode in HOF. I think a lot of people in here are slightly off in what they thing "average player" or "normal mode raider" is, in terms of numbers and previous tiers, etc.

Deleted
    Our guild had 6/6n MSV when HoF came out. We're currently at 10% hard enrage on Garalon normal and that's axactly where We want the difficulty to be. We know we can improve these last 10% and we'll be more than happy the time we get him down.
    For example we needed 41 tries before we downed Elegon and that's justed as tuned as it should be

Overall I've been very happy with this tier of raiding. My experience is 6/6 MSV normal, 2/6 HoF normal, with lots of wipes on both Garalon normal and heroic Stone Guard.

MSV normal was challenging to progress through, with a lot you had to keep track of, but now that we know it we're able to farm it pretty consistently. Sounds like exactly the right difficulty level to me. Heart of Fear is shaping up to be more of the same, but still a step up in difficulty (which it should be).

Very happy with this level of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    If you have 6/6 hof you're not even close to a "casual" player.