Almost Hitting Hast cap: DPS Increase to you 750 haste elixer?

Hey, I am currently sitting at 7,415 haste, fully gemmed/reforged for haste (few more haste items to replace the 2 items without haste on and I should hit it), but until that occurs, should I be using the 750 haste elixer, or will that be a dps loss from a 1000 int flask? Not sure just how much dps the haste cap actually gives.

edit: the title should be use*
    Last edited by TheNightAngel; 2012-11-09 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    It gives the equivalent of 250 intellect at full BiS gear.
    So no you should probably keep using the intellect flask.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're already losing dps by fully gemming for haste. Trading haste for int 1:1 with an elixir is even worse.

Regem your gear for int. You'll be better off.

Also, try reading a couple of topics before randomly asking questions that have been answered repeatedly. There's even a topic that asked the exact same thing as you.
    {[( )]}

Do you want to maximize dps or do you want to have fun being super-fast at the haste cap? I fully support the latter playstyle (or similar quirks) but in this case I don't expect dps to be your primary concern.

The game is made so that a balanced amount of stats tends to be the optimal choice (and when it isn't like that expect a patch soon).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    You're already losing dps by fully gemming for haste. Trading haste for int 1:1 with an elixir is even worse.

Regem your gear for int. You'll be better off.

Also, try reading a couple of topics before randomly asking questions that have been answered repeatedly. There's even a topic that asked the exact same thing as you.
    while youre right its not better to use the elixer its also not worth using pure int gems. while this sites shadow guide seems to be the loan stand out on stat weights. weights are normalized so int is 1. mmo has haste at .478 so a 320 haste gem is worth 152.96 int. so a 7.4 int loss or a roughly 4.4 int loss on a mixed gem. however most sites have haste valued much higher. Howtopriest.com icy-veins and methods website all have haste valued at around .75 meaning 320 haste is worth 240 int. all that is pre soft cap mind you. once you get to soft cap haste value drops astronomically. But its not a dps loss to gem full haste. If you look at any one of the top shadow priest in the world on worldoflogs you will see they have pure haste gems. In fast pre soft cap pure int gems are a loss.

however the elixer is probably not worth it yet. get a few more pieces of gear and hit soft cap with reforge and gem only. preferably with just gems and gear.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 10:01 AM ----------

to chime in once more dot classes will never have a equal stat balance so long as there are haste breakpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by snivellus View Post
    while youre right its not better to use the elixer its also not worth using pure int gems. while this sites shadow guide seems to be the loan stand out on stat weights. weights are normalized so int is 1. mmo has haste at .478 so a 320 haste gem is worth 152.96 int. so a 7.4 int loss or a roughly 4.4 int loss on a mixed gem. however most sites have haste valued much higher. Howtopriest.com icy-veins and methods website all have haste valued at around .75 meaning 320 haste is worth 240 int. all that is pre soft cap mind you. once you get to soft cap haste value drops astronomically. But its not a dps loss to gem full haste. If you look at any one of the top shadow priest in the world on worldoflogs you will see they have pure haste gems. In fast pre soft cap pure int gems are a loss.
    Honestly, anyone going into that much detail on things really NEEDS to be simming their own toons to get their real current stat weights and not the weights that were set using a different level of gear (and possibly different talents). The value of Haste varies a lot by how close or far you are from the haste breakpoint.

while that is true the general weights still stand. if you want to go for the easy way use something like askmrrobot. It takes into account break points. and you can do math yourself. the point is those are generally agreed upon weights for pre raid gear. and I have raided with less than soft cap with int gems and mixed gems to test results. I personally sim my toon but it doesnt seem like this guy does. So I provided him with basic information. Also I was directly responding to Aica's comment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snivellus View Post
    Maybe you should read the threads created by h2p a bit more to see HOW they get their stat weightings, and when they're applicable..
    {[( )]}