Thread: TFB nerfed

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ILIEKSKITTLES View Post
    Chaos bolt can be countered, an instant 200k+ crit can't.

Also, it's funny to read all this bitching about Chaos Bolt. You obviously haven't played arena on a decent rating this season, because I met like 5 warlock teams in over 150 games.
    You can easily counter a 200k + HS crit with a nice simple disarm.

I am fine with the nerfs to the damage, I agree they are overpowered at the moment. However I think Blizzard is going over board, especially with the nerf to the immune to roots ability with avatar. I would have preferred if they just lowered the amount of time that avatar was active for and taken off the increased rage regen.

Or what they could do is mark it similar to when a druid pops tree form and you become immune to sheep and hex and what not, Or atleast immune to fear.

The mobility of avatar is what made it a good talent for PVP in the first place.

Its sad but with the state things are in now, we are going to be sitting in roots for the next better part of 5.1 unless we have a paladin partner.
    Last edited by Hypnozis; 2012-11-09 at 07:18 PM.

We are currently too powerful, and it is very obvious. If you think otherwise then you don't know much about this game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    You can easily counter a 200k + HS crit with a nice simple disarm.
    Taste for blood lasts 15 seconds.
    Disarm last 4 seconds with pvp set bonus.

orly?

Its sad but with the state things are in now, we are going to be sitting in roots for the next better part of 5.1 unless we have a paladin partner.
    Yep, theyre pretty much Balancing us around KFC which is retarded. KFC will die out by the time 5.1 Hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Im an 8 time Gladiator, i find it funny how youre defending Chaos Bolt.
    Can I get a link to your armory by chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quora View Post
    I think TfB should be nerfed but I feel they may go overboard on the total nerfs to the class. I play a warrior and sure getting a 5 stack and winning a game just because you one shot somebody is funny but it isn't balanced at all.

This was from a 2s game last night.
    glad you posted that screen shot-it just shows you warrior damage outside of cd stacking sucks.14k sw,9k op's 20 ms,like i said damage is not that good outside of cds.

arms too powerful in PvP, barely played in PvE, less burst more sustained plz blizz, really wish they'd listened during beta when literally every single warrior told them not to use this tfb system

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Same. Don't listen to this guy since he has no idea what he's talking about and even denies Warrior burst being OP.
    where did i say warrior burst was not op'ed?i have stated many times warrior burst is only good for 10 secs every 5 mins and thats the truth.compare that to the burst of mages locks and dks and its balanced.are hunters getting as many nerfs as warriors are atm?hell locks and dks are the toons topping the damage charts in pvp,frost does a ton more damage.you think nerfing warrior fear is a good idea,well then like you said,i dont think you have a clue.warrior fear is not op'ed at all and with the nerf to heroic throw glyph what do warriors bring for "control"now- lol shockwave.dumb and uncalled for nerfs to utility talents then nertfs to warrior damage = shit class.its the same thing thats been happing since the end of BC.

just for an example i was tanking a rbg around 2050 cr "before i left the game"in wsg i got blasted by a lock with back to back 125k and 150k chaos bolts.i was in d stance and gemed res.now if you think thats balanced then your crazy.i have never hit that hard on my warrior with or without cds.execute is the only thing that can come close to those numbers.how does a player stop a lock for hitting you from 40 yards away with no range silence?
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-11-09 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    glad you posted that screen shot-it just shows you warrior damage outside of cd stacking sucks.14k sw,9k op's 20 ms,like i said damage is not that good outside of cds.
    That picture doesn't actually show anything at all. Under what circumstances were those numbers produced? Buffs/debuffs? Stats? Anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    That picture doesn't actually show anything at all. Under what circumstances were those numbers produced? Buffs/debuffs? Stats? Anything?
    no clue not my pic-the guy that posted it wanted to show us a 200k tfb hit.i been hit harder then that fcing,so thats not a good example of opness because more then one class can hit for 200k.but what it does show is "like i said"weak/low damage on rotation ability's =MS OP ect.warrior damage outside of cd stacking is average at best.take that away from warriors then throw in the nerfs what do we have left= at best average damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Same. Don't listen to this guy since he has no idea what he's talking about and even denies Warrior burst being OP.
    I don't agree with some of the nerfs, but it's meathead.

The guy comes here to be mad and every butthurt kid on the forum indulges him.

Well time to buff arms sustained damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it'll work out ok in the end, I'm just wondering if we're going to see some buffs to our sustained damage? And as it stands right now, this nerf really hurts the people who pve a lot. So yeah, i doubt that this is the last change we'll see on the ptr.
    "Should i trust this fart?"-Brian Redban

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I don't agree with some of the nerfs, but it's meathead.

The guy comes here to be mad and every butthurt kid on the forum indulges him.
    lmfao-you guys read what i wrote in my op right?this guy is the perfect example of what i was talking about.so far good thread for the most part but then the trolls show up.

also im not mad at all,i quit wow.im just here talking to other players about a game i once enjoyed/liked very much.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Well time to buff arms sustained damage.
    would be nice to see-best place to start would be MS.would love to see MS hit like a truck again.i dont think its going to happen though,blizz is in there nerf arms mode and that usually continues until the next x-pac.then the cycle repeats like we are seeing now.
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-11-09 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Im an 8 time Gladiator, i find it funny how youre defending Chaos Bolt.

Taste for Blood stacks can be completely prevented, Burning Embers cannot.

Oh maybe you dont play a Warlock, because theres a little something called unending resolve which makes your casts unpreventable, meaning no silences and interrupts while active for 8 seconds, in addition to reducing damage on you by 40%.

You can also double that output my putting Havok on another target, doing equal damage to that target. Meaning during that cast time of less than a few seconds you can throw out two Chaos bolts doing roughly 500k total damage.

Quit trying to act like you play at a higher rating than me, because you dont.

P.S - I play every class at max level, i have plenty of experience with all classes. Chaos Bolt is far more overpowered than lucky TFB procs which can and are entirely prevented by players who are paying attention and know how to play the game.
    So you're saying you're losing to locks that use a defensive cd to cast chaos bolt? 8 time glad? Link armory please, I have to see this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    lmfao-you guys read what i wrote in my op right?this guy is the perfect example of what i was talking about.so far good thread for the most part but then the trolls show up.

also im not mad at all,i quit wow.im just here talking to other players about a game i once enjoyed/liked very much.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 04:47 PM ----------

would be nice to see-best place to start would be MS.would love to see MS hit like a truck again.i dont think its going to happen though,blizz is in there nerf arms mode and that usually continues until the next x-pac.then the cycle repeats like we are seeing now.
    So you quit because they nerf something

hahahah not sure if srs but maybe u are just playing since cata who knows

Deal with it wont be the last Nerf

Deleted
    Taste for blood lasts 15 seconds.
    Disarm last 4 seconds with pvp set bonus.

orly?

Taste of blood is pretty simple to counter, from what I can understand, I don't play much pvp myself.
    What if you get weakauras then you can just track your targets ToB stack, and cc/disarm him when he gets close to those 5 stacks.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the proc is so low that it's no happening every arena match, meanwhile you got some other strong spells out there right now.

Deleted
    Finally a nerf that should have been the first one - Now give us our old Avatar back and nerf burst like this.

I say good riddance, I never liked taste for blood anyways. Having stuff in the game where the stars have to align in order to use is just not a smart game design, us warriors getting 5 stacks of TfB (even though that is pretty rare, I usually only get 1 or 2 in entire raids) or warlocks needing everything to go right at the same time in order to get off chaos bolt, which any vague attempt to hinder the warlock will surely cancel it.

With this nerf hopefully Blizzard will undo the changes to some of our previous abilities, or they should if they have any knowledge of what they are doing. Maybe bring Gag Order pack into PvP, they took away our 20 second rampage and without it we will be very vulnerable to casters.

Deleted
    I've not read much of the OP, but judging from the first line, I like this change, and I'm a Warrior. It saves me from making hard decisions to do with saving/dumping rage when I'm getting high stacks. Aspiring to 3 is much better.

I only read the bolded part, but it's a change I have been suggesting since the new TFB as Heroic Strike stacks was implemented.

They will see that this change works better than the current version and it will most likely go live. Color me pleased.

For those of you complaning about it, how many 5 stacks have you gotten in PvP since MoP launched? Don't act like it's the end of the world for warriors.