Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Had two accounts in vanilla as I paid for friends account, he no longer wanted to play and went off to play another game.
    I wanted to do scroll of res so reactivated the original account that had been dead for years since both were mine anyway
    And lo and behold the lvl 60 priest and lvl 3 shaman were still there, still geared.
    So no they don't delete even after years away

10+ Year Old Account
    The truth is, you'll never be able to get your account deleted.. They can clear it off their main servers with that mail-in process, but even that's not functionally deleting it.

I guarantee that the database records containing your account information and character data will be at least replicated to some long-term, off-site tape or hard drive backup... But in all honesty that's probably beyond your level of care factor as long as they're off the main servers.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    The truth is, you'll never be able to get your account deleted.. They can clear it off their main servers with that mail-in process, but even that's not functionally deleting it.

I guarantee that the database records containing your account information and character data will be at least replicated to some long-term, off-site tape or hard drive backup... But in all honesty that's probably beyond your level of care factor as long as they're off the main servers.
    I figured that too and yes your right, thats beyond my care factor :P