Page 1 of 78
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Ret] Fix my DPS!

Fix my DPS!

What this thread for:

• To help people who have put forth the effort into learning their class/spec and want to see how and where they may be going wrong when not getting the numbers you want. If you cant, on your own, figure out what more needs to be done, and want some "expert" opinions this is the place is for you!
    • Players with experience will be here to help you and explain what's going wrong and where. This is not to flame or make fun of people, if you do that "You're gonna have a bad time".
    • To learn and see, by example, where other Paladins have been falling short, and to use this information and help you further!

Before you post!:

Go over the stickied threads and other resources!
    [MoP]Ret Paladin guide
    Anaxie's T14 BiS list and Theorycrafting guide
    Trinket Rating

And other resources your fellow posters have put effort into providing you!

How to post:

This is a big part in helping you out. The more (relevant) information you give us, the better we will be able to serve you! This includes:
    • Your Armory
    • World of Logs or any other parses you have from the fights.
    • Fights you're struggling to perform on.
    • Your spec/glyphs for each individual fight you post questions for IF different than what's on your armory. You can use WoWhead's talent calculator for this!
    • Any information on why you think you might be having a problem. Highlight your rotation, CD usage, and any other information you think will help it. The more details and the more specific you are, the better!

Once you have all that information compiled, fill this out with any

HTML Code:
    [B]Armory Link:[/B]
    [B]Alternate Specs/Glyphs:[/B]
    [B]Worldoflogs Link:[/B]
    [B]Questions, concerns, expectations:[/B]
    [B]Description of Playstyle:[/B]

Anything outside of what's there feel free to post in a freeform style below that. PLEASE use the template though for sake of ease.

What not to post:

• Logs bragging about how awesome you are. These will be removed. This is to help people, not flex your epeen. Want to show off? Show off with how smart you are and help others out!
    • Flaming, and hate. This will NOT be tolerated in any form. You're here to help people, not degrade people. If you flame and hate on people though, "You're gonna have a bad time"
    • Questions about HOW to gear, HOW to spec, HOW to reforge. Utilize the other tools on the forum to figure out the answers to these questions. If you can't find it, feel free to post in the utility threads and ask!

IF YOU ARE RESPONDING!

Make sure to address the person by name when you post! This will help prevent confusion and any mixups that might be had.

Be polite! Don't degrade, flame, or attack people.

Make your posts clear and concise! Go point by point rather than rambling away!

Finally:

If you're not posting for yourself, make sure you have the person's permission to post their armory and links. Nothing is worse than "that awkward moment" when you find your own armory on here. If you're posting on behalf of someone else, remember this is a public forum and they can see what you say. Don't let it bite you in the ass.

All threads which fit into this type will be merged into here from now on, and this will remain a "timeless" thread.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-11-09 at 06:51 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Excellent, I will certainly be asking questions soon. Thanks for providing this place to do so.

Hello, How are you all ?

Nice threat there, i guess i'll start it ^^,,

We're atm stuck at Windlord Mel'jarak normal, usually hitting the enrage timer, and i was wondering whats best between Lights hammer and Holy prism for that fight ?
    And if there is any tips, would appreciate it .

Also one thing to mention, Our hunter keeps topping the dps with a noticeable difference in DPS *3k~7k, not on this fight ofcourse but most of the other fights * usually 1 target fights

My armory: I can't post links till i post a few times ;(, So please if u wanna help search Blacklion on Grimbatol-EU Alliance, thank you :x

I don't want to post the hunter's armory so it doesn't get " awkward " as u said :P but he has 488ilvl
    * Edit: One question to add, when i'm using SW talent, How often should i spam HoW ? Whenever it's out of CD ? Is there any ability i should ignore when i have AW on? Because i'm very confused on that point ( i'm usually using DP )
    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Fhi; 2012-11-10 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Added working armory link

Deleted
    @blacklion

First off ill start with your gear.
    Enchants:
    Weapon - Get Danceing steel weapon enchant.
    Bracers - Get str enchant
    Reforgeing:
    I can see that you are missing some Exp and are over capped in hit, either reforge or get exp/haste gem in belt.

As for talents, i was using Lights hammer, gave me a better benefit than Holy prism did.
    Also i was using Holy Avenger for the adds in first phase - Builder > Divine storm and you will do around 350k on pull as trinkets will be up at start. I could do this 2 times before we switched to the boss, remember to tank the boss on top of adds for more dps on him.
    As for holy Avenger, 3rd time this is available should be around when adds are dead and your raid use bloodlust on boss.

Other than that, maybe you wna try out Clcret for if you are not 100% comfortable with your rotation/priority.
    Further more, you may want to start using Worldoflogs, then you can compare yourself to other ret paladins.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B9ne/advanced

Used SW, ES, and PoJ, didn't use glyph of mass exo

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r1...?s=3653&e=4212

Did rather poor on our kill attempt of H Elegon and so I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong.

HoW>Exo>CS>Judge>tv3, I save Lessons for with my AW's

@Runewrath:

Your reforging looks to be a bit wonky. Now, while you should be simming your own gear for perfect stat weights, Icy-veins, MMO-C, and EJ all have mastery valued over crit, with EJ giving them both the same stat weight but mastery slightly more dps.

-If you choose to go the mastery>crit route, you should change your neck to hit->mastery instead of crit, chest crit->mastery.

-A few of your enchants are hit, and a few gems are hit, but you reforge out of hit on your neck and back. Generally you should try to get those caps on your gear because what you can reforge to is limited (cant reforge to haste if its already on the item etc), where as you can stack haste all day (or str) with your gems. Take that as a general rule of thumb though, each gearset is different.

-According to your armory you are well below the expertise cap, and if thats the case you should hit that asap, your chest could help there, and switching a few of your exp->hits will help, (ofc reforge to get hit capped again). You are using the PvP trink in your armory, so if you have lessons of darkmaster like you say in your post, disregard this point.

-As for your logs, im not a WoL expert, and i cant really see anything blatantly wrong there. Hopefully someone else can help you with.

Hopefully i helped somewhat, and if im completely offbase on something, feel free to ignore it
    Last edited by Firminator; 2012-11-10 at 07:52 PM.

At foxydin ( For some reason i can't use shift+2 >_> )

Do you recommend any alternative addon to Ratingbuster? ( Shows how much hit percentage each value gives you instead of plain number )

Also, would mastery be better than crit for Mel'jarak fight ? just a thought tbh i have no idea if it works or not,

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    @Runewrath:

Your reforging looks to be a bit wonky. Now, while you should be simming your own gear for perfect stat weights, Icy-veins, MMO-C, and EJ all have mastery valued over crit, with EJ giving them both the same stat weight but mastery slightly more dps.
    Yeah I was simming crit>mastery but I was reforged mastery at the time, and as far as my expertise I logged out in my pvp trinket over lessons.

Firminator:

Some of your advice is slightly off. You absolutely should be matching blue sockets with purple or green +hit gems. Crit is better than mastery for many people at intermediate gear levels. Quite often to maximize optimization you reforge into and out of a stat.

Deleted
    @blacklion Alt Gr + 2 ?

However, the only addon i use for ratings and such is ReforgeLite, nifty little addon that lets you optimize your gear, you can put in your own ratings and such. It works abit like AskMrrobot, and both the addon and MrRobot, ussually comes up with the same result for my reforgeing.
    Also crit can in some cases be better than mastery, however my stats weights have allways been in favor of mastery,
    and yes i would go mastery over crit on an aoe fight like mel´jarak

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    Firminator:

Some of your advice is slightly off. You absolutely should be matching blue sockets with purple or green +hit gems. Crit is better than mastery for many people at intermediate gear levels. Quite often to maximize optimization you reforge into and out of a stat.
    Thanks for the tip with the hit gems. Ill remember that from now on.
    And as for crit being better than mastery for some people, thats why i mentioned it can change depending on your personal sims . I was just giving a general overview based off of what i could see from the armory.

Right now on most typical raid fights I've been lower then just about all of the other melee dps in my raid team, I looked at my simcraft and I saw 63-64k wondering if that was average for my gear or should be higher? Here is my current setup and WoL, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Armory

WoL (Ignore the Long Area of Nothingness, forgot to stop when doing daillies)

Also when I ran the logs I had the ilvl476 engi helm, and the ilvl489 klaxxi belt.

thoradyn anything i should change except that stupid ring? ty in advance

My dps on Garalon

Hello guys... This is my armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mbold/advanced - I am doing around 90 k deeps over whole fight on Garalon, we usually wipe due enrage at like 10%... Is 90 k ok for my gear? Should I do better? I just think weapon is really holding me back.. I am trying to keep my Censure on boss as much as possible and nuke a leg when any is up, I use mass exorcism to hit the boss as well while doing Exo on legs... Any particular tricks as paladin for this fight?

Thanks for feedback.

Grim

Deleted
    Grimbold; post world of logs...
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-11-15 at 01:25 AM.

Unfortunatelly I cant, because I forgot to save combat log today. Will do tommorow... I am just asking if 90 k seems fine for my gear or its completely wrong...

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 08:56 AM ----------

Sorry, but why my thread got merged with this one? I was not really asking to fix my dps, I was just asking wheter its fine...

Deleted
    Hey, Just looking for some input on my dps. Making sure i have prio on right abilities etc, And any tips that would improve my game

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A9r/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s0m/?enc=kills

Ok one of my garalon logs here... Is it fine for my gear? Inquisition uptime seems ok to me... what do you think guys ?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=8775&e=9201

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=6264&e=6689
    Last edited by Grimbold of Skullcrusher; 2012-11-15 at 09:47 AM.

Hello Grimbold,
    You should aim for 95% + uptime on inquisition. From a quick look i noticed that your Hammer of Wrath damage is a tad low. I am pretty sure you could get more hammers in.
    Besides that, this fight has to do alot with weak points and legs damage. Holy Avenger works good in this fight aswell if you find yourself unable to get full benefit of Sanct. Wrath cause of moving between weak points and stuff.
    Im gonna check the logs a lil bit more when i'll get some spare time
    Last edited by Marbas; 2012-11-15 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbas View Post
    Hello Grimbold,
    You should aim for 95% + uptime on inquisition. From a quick look i noticed that your Hammer of Wrath damage is a tad low. I am pretty sure you could get more hammers in.
    Besides that, this fight has to do alot with weak points and legs damage. Holy Avenger works good in this fight aswell if you find yourself unable to get full benefit of Sanct. Wrath cause of moving between weak points and stuff.
    Im gonna check the logs a lil bit more when i'll get some spare time
    Hmm I'll try to watch Inquisition more closely then.. I am always prioritizing HoW when I pop my wings, but yea, the HoW damage seems low, you are right. Also I think there's no problem with moving between the legs, cos I can just dps the boss while doing it...

Edit: was just checking top ret pals on WoL for 10 man normal mode and they did like around 25 HoWs per fight, which seems to be the same as me. However, I did like 2 millions less damage with HoW... Strange..
    Last edited by Grimbold of Skullcrusher; 2012-11-15 at 11:11 AM.