Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Feather.

Also, if you're still waiting for Thok's Tail Tip (ugh to Skeer's), then you are clearly not sacrificing enough gnomes. Stop slacking at once.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Feather.

Also, if you're still waiting for Thok's Tail Tip (ugh to Skeer's), then you are clearly not sacrificing enough gnomes. Stop slacking at once.
    Skeer's Dropped for me last night so at least that is an improvement. Now The wait for Thok's....

This is more of a "am I doing alright type post"

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5ndkgeizaymtkcni/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eecup/advanced

I got evil eye and a ring in flex tonight (replaced 535 timeless trinket and another 502 ring)

The only thing I think I could definitely improve on is actually switching talents for fights, but at the moment I'm just too lazy to do it. I'm just curious if I'm doing decent damage for (what I was when I was logging) 540 ilvl.

What trinkets should I use for H Galakras?

574 Eye of Galakras
    561 Thoks Tail Tip
    580 Fusion Fire Core

I ask because I heard fusion fire core is great for galakras, just not sure whether or not to swap out eye or TTT

Hit me, any advice is appriciated, was away from game since 5.1 just used some common sense on gearing now, armory in sig
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by pedjaland View Post
    Hit me, any advice is appriciated, was away from game since 5.1 just used some common sense on gearing now, armory in sig
    1. Your Legplates of Winged Triumph are not enchanted.
    2. Your Bloodclaw Band is not enchanted.
    3. Your Gauntlets of Winged Triumph does not have Synapse Springs.*
    4. Your Turtleshell Greatcloak does not have a tinker.

* Macro your Synapse Springs in with your ES/LH to make sure you use it frequently.

Armory must be bugging since i have springs on gloves, nitro on belt and glider on back, only legs are not enchanted, im not going to waste 2k gold on piece thats temporary for me, waiting for garosh lfr/flex legs
    But thanks for input!

Quote Originally Posted by pedjaland View Post
    Armory must be bugging since i have springs on gloves, nitro on belt and glider on back, only legs are not enchanted, im not going to waste 2k gold on piece thats temporary for me, waiting for garosh lfr/flex legs
    But thanks for input!
    Leg enchants cost 2k? Since when?

Leg enchants go for like 400g on my realm, what gypsy ruins the AH on your realm?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Ikr, they were 400-500 before i went on break (march) and now they are freaking 2k on Kazzak....time to level lw lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Feather.

I've never even seen Thok's or Galakras' trinkets. Not in lfr, flexi or normal.

Sadly our guild doesn't have any gnomes left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently put tanking away, in favor of re-learning Retribution and Holy specs. I haven't been either since ICC was released.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...chorite/simple

I don't have any logs or parses unfortunately; but my rotation comes from Icy Veins and keeping clcret around in case I get flustered. I spent a great deal of time tuning in with Mr. Robot, but I'm slowly realizing it's better as a guide.

I'm currently only pushing 60-70k in raids. I'm almost 100% sure it's not rotational or spec. Perhaps I have a bottleneck I'm not seeing?

A few things I realize:
    I'm a Jeweler, not an Engineer. I won't be changing professions for dps gain... yet.
    I've got some secondary enchants (i.e. windsong over dancing steel). The second-hand stuff will hopefully be replaced soon and I'm not keen on dropping almost 2k on an enchant for a weapon I may lose tonight, in favor of something better.

I don't want to go back to tanking this expansion and after seeing some pretty foul commentary in the Holy thread, I'm here hoping to find something to help me stay ret.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    I recently put tanking away, in favor of re-learning Retribution and Holy specs. I haven't been either since ICC was released.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...chorite/simple

I don't have any logs or parses unfortunately; but my rotation comes from Icy Veins and keeping clcret around in case I get flustered. I spent a great deal of time tuning in with Mr. Robot, but I'm slowly realizing it's better as a guide.

I'm currently only pushing 60-70k in raids. I'm almost 100% sure it's not rotational or spec. Perhaps I have a bottleneck I'm not seeing?

A few things I realize:
    I'm a Jeweler, not an Engineer. I won't be changing professions for dps gain... yet.
    I've got some secondary enchants (i.e. windsong over dancing steel). The second-hand stuff will hopefully be replaced soon and I'm not keen on dropping almost 2k on an enchant for a weapon I may lose tonight, in favor of something better.

I don't want to go back to tanking this expansion and after seeing some pretty foul commentary in the Holy thread, I'm here hoping to find something to help me stay ret.

Thanks in advance guys.
    *Green gems, inferior enchants, etc.
    *Your gemming strategy is off. For example, I see you using a bold red gem instead of a exp/haste orange especially when you can still benefit from expertise in gem slots (gemming expertise so you can reforge out of expertise is a stat gain). I'd recommend just using AskMrRobot.
    *Divine Purpose is worse than Sanctified Wrath
    With all of these errors, I don't think you can confidently say that you are making no errors in your game play. I have been playing ret for a long time at competitive levels and am never certain that I couldn't do something better. Get logs from flex/lfr and post them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperviable View Post
    *Your gemming strategy is off. For example, I see you using a bold red gem instead of a exp/haste orange especially when you can still benefit from expertise in gem slots (gemming expertise so you can reforge out of expertise is a stat gain). I'd recommend just using AskMrRobot.
    That *is* what Mr. Robot suggested.

*Green gems, inferior enchants, etc.
    I'm a jewelcrafter, there are no Green gems. The post states I'm not picking up Dancing Steel for a 516 weapon I'm replacing with my next run, but what other enchants have I mischanted here?

*Divine Purpose is worse than Sanctified Wrath
    Why? I'm a bit confused about that. Is it a proc thing? Sanctified Wrath was my standby, but I noticed an increase on SoO fights by switching to DP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

That *is* what Mr. Robot suggested.

I'm a jewelcrafter, there are no Green gems. The post states I'm not picking up Dancing Steel for a 516 weapon I'm replacing with my next run, but what other enchants have I mischanted here?

Why? I'm a bit confused about that. Is it a proc thing? Sanctified Wrath was my standby, but I noticed an increase on SoO fights by switching to DP.
    *What are your custom stat weights? When I load your character, that is not what is suggested.

*Robot also tells you what your inferior enchants are. Legs and bracers.

*Sanctified wrath is a dps increase over divine protection except on aoe fights.

When I checked your armory last night, you had different gemming.

Deleted
    I don't have any logs or parses unfortunately; but my rotation comes from Icy Veins and keeping clcret around in case I get flustered. I spent a great deal of time tuning in with Mr. Robot, but I'm slowly realizing it's better as a guide..
    You're right that you should do more damage, even given that you are severely gimped without the cloak. That being said you can't really say it's nothing to do with the way you play the character. I would do over 100k with that character no matter the fight, and I'm far from the best.

i'm interested in your statement of using the Icy Veins priority system but with CLC when you panic. If you are not using CLC Ret (and there are a couple of options for those that don't) in the normal course of events, what are you using? The reason I ask is because if you are using something that does the same task, then you'd never need CLC Ret. If you're not using anything at all, then you are losing massive amounts of damage because you must be spending far too long thinking about which abilities to use. I've like to see a screenshot at least in full flow on a raid boss fight.

Greetings to all Ret Pallys; here is info below ( sorry this is my first post and I can't post any links until few times )

Armory Link: Character name : Thezerald Server Name : Thrall zone : US
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    Worldoflogs Link:
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I am using CLCRet and I using this rotation : inq inqdp inqes inqhpr inqlh tv5 tvdp tvaw tv3 ds_4t16_5hp how ds_4t16 jaw cs j exo ss
    Description of Playstyle: I am raiding SoO Normal 10 Man but my DPS is not as high as I want and I do not know how I can improve it better

Please help need your thoughts this is my brothers ret.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Krylor/simple

-What SHOULD he be able to pull on a target dummy an in raids ? (target dummy he tops at 150k) not sure about raids
    -I know he is missing some gems an reforges, should he follow Askmrrobots advice?
    -He is using i think 1 or 2 pvp pieces cause he hasnt got a replacement yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rwolfe88 View Post
    Please help need your thoughts this is my brothers ret.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Krylor/simple

-What SHOULD he be able to pull on a target dummy an in raids ? (target dummy he tops at 150k) not sure about raids
    -I know he is missing some gems an reforges, should he follow Askmrrobots advice?
    -He is using i think 1 or 2 pvp pieces cause he hasnt got a replacement yet
    So far nobody has reported a training dummy ever dropping loot or granting an achievement, so I feel we can discount damage done against that.

There are a number of issues without going into tiny details (such as choice of gemming, etc). The paladin in question appears to be a cow in the single worst paladin set ever made - the two simply don't cancel out. Expertise is over cap and hit is way under and yet some reforging appears to have taken place; your abilities do no damage at all if they miss or are dodged. There are numerous gems and almost all enchants missing. Given all this, I can only assume the player is very new to the game and/or character so I'd just suggest reading a few popular guides (think someone put a video up somewhere on this forum that won't steer you too far wrong as a beginner) and give it time.

Some retribution advice

Well, I like to think I am playing well, but even in my gear I can not seem to push as much as I believe I can. Below is my armoury and my WoL for Malkorok.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=3391&e=3595
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erwyn/advanced

Can anyone recommend where I can improve please??