Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey guys, i have question, since i finally got my hands on eye trinket (pew pew 10weeks only) how do we line up cds now? what should and should not be delayed?
    Second question, for some reason im doing shit load more dps using HA talent then SW, and i cant figure it out why....anyone else noticed something like that?

Thanks, and happy new year

PS armory in sig
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

Deleted
    The trinket does not change your behaviour regarding delaying or not. Continue as before, just enjoy the increased frequency and uptime

Hey guys could use some help with my DPS. Just got back into raiding since Wrath and I'm lagging behind the other melee DPS pretty hardcore. Any help would be appreciated.

Note - Just got the new shoulders so that is the reason for the wonky hit/exp and the lack of gems in them.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...8/details/107/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...romance/simple

Quick question regarding CD usage: If I take Sanctified Wrath should I always use AW and GoAK together, or should I use AW as soon as it comes up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Split them up unless the encounter doesn't let you (immune/downtime phases). If you only get to use them once before the fight ends (Wings is off cooldown, guardian is on 30 seconds cooldown, boss dies in 60 seconds for example) then save wings and use together.
    Even if you have heroic CDR trinket you need to delay wings to pop up them with GoAK every time (unless the fight is going to finish)? I'm feeling very stupid right now

Deleted
    Which is why I said split them up.

If the encounter is almost finished, you need to start thinking. If you pop wings, will it be back up again before the encounter dies? If no, save and use with guardian.
    Okay, I misunderstood you. So on pull we use them together, and then we use them soon as possible. And if there's the possibility to delay one of the cooldowns some seconds and use them together, we'll do it. Right?

Deleted
    Hope this helps ^^ I'm pretty bad at explaining things
    Thanks a lot, now I got it ^^

Hey guys, I have a Ret Pally in my guild who is great at consistently showing up for raids, but his damage is relatively low. I've made sure that he's fully gemmed and enchanted, and Mr. Robot says he's pretty much optimized. I'd hate to have to kick him and I would really appreciate it if you guys could let me know what he's doing wrong.

We do log our runs. Here's a page with his current stats, gear, and logs: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...idan/Ranuuken/

Thanks in advance!

Made a pastebin to outline it.
    ty for the replies, this was very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by supreme jd View Post
    snip!
    He should socket exp-haste in all red sockets! and his trinkets are dire(but since his progress in soo is so low its okay)
    You can only do so much without legendary meta gem and back!
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytos/advanced

I've been trying to figure out about what I should be doing, and where I should be at, and if I'm low, to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can't help but feel my DPS *should* be higher but I'm really unsure to be honest. I don't have the cloak or meta, nor do I have a 4-piece set yet. Just now getting started through siege so my gear is hit and miss at times. I ran it through sim on just the dummy (as well as helter skelter) and adjusted the buffs to where I was just using kings (on the dummy that is) and it runs between 150-158k give or take on the dummy but seem to be having a hard time breaking 135k or so.

In siege it's really hit and miss depending on the bosses. Most bosses aside from thok, my dps feels really lackluster at around 160-180k depending on the fight but usually lingers around there. Thok it's hideous and I'm usually getting chased back to back for some reason so it plummets.

Is my DPS acceptable at my gear level and for what it is right now? If not where should it be? I like SW, but for the longest really did like divine purpose, even though it was a little rng at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristaris View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytos/advanced

I've been trying to figure out about what I should be doing, and where I should be at, and if I'm low, to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can't help but feel my DPS *should* be higher but I'm really unsure to be honest. I don't have the cloak or meta, nor do I have a 4-piece set yet. Just now getting started through siege so my gear is hit and miss at times. I ran it through sim on just the dummy (as well as helter skelter) and adjusted the buffs to where I was just using kings (on the dummy that is) and it runs between 150-158k give or take on the dummy but seem to be having a hard time breaking 135k or so.

In siege it's really hit and miss depending on the bosses. Most bosses aside from thok, my dps feels really lackluster at around 160-180k depending on the fight but usually lingers around there. Thok it's hideous and I'm usually getting chased back to back for some reason so it plummets.

Is my DPS acceptable at my gear level and for what it is right now? If not where should it be? I like SW, but for the longest really did like divine purpose, even though it was a little rng at times.
    It's difficult to give feedback on anything other than gearing when you don't post logs.

For Thok you need to stand in close when fixate is ending and you won't get a double fixate.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question should i use the Heroic Mace from General Nazgrim or the Regular Non WF Version of the polearm.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pahel/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by hskrprd View Post
    Quick question should i use the Heroic Mace from General Nazgrim or the Regular Non WF Version of the polearm.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pahel/advanced
    Weapon dps trumps stats. Especially with the levels we're at now
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

haven't came back lately, but thanks for some of the advice it helped! Thought i finally got to prot again and back to tanking which is more my cup of tea Thanks though !

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Sw%C3%A4rley/advanced

worldoflogs.com/reports/31mx4zkfc1pr5b1g/details/7/

Hey all. I'm trying out for a new guild. Want to improve my dps any way I can. They are quite further progressed than my current guild but was still approached about joining so the learning curve of their system/strats did affect my dps just a little. For the most part I do not feel I'm struggling per se. Just feel my dps is not where it should be.

My spec and glyphs were as is for fights I posted. I do switch out glyphs and talents according to fights though in 10N. I use Glyph of Hand of Sacrifice, Double Jeopardy, and Inquisition accordingly. Along with switching PoJ for SoL, SW for Clemency, and I haven't tried DP over SW just yet as I am under the impression that it's not as much of a dps increase until you achieve your 4pc. Only the Garrosh and Paragons were 10N. The rest were Flex/achiev so I don't think my dps reflected much. I know on the Paragons and Garrosh fight I didn't pre-pot and such so I know that was a mess up there. The one thing different in my gear now from those fights is my helm.

Maybe there is something wrong in my rotation? I use CLCInfo, so here is my rotation string; inq tv5 howaw exoaw tvaw how cs j exo tv3. When using SW I use AW+GoAK and use ES on 12 stacks. Then use ES on CD or wait a few secs if it's coming off CD and Art of War, Dancing Steel, ect.. has just proc'd. And of course all the usual, swapping out CS for HotR and TV for DS for multi-target fights. All help and criticism is welcomed. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Swarley81; 2014-01-17 at 02:39 AM.

Just at a glance your string looks wrong. I don't use CLCInfo but exoaw definitely shouldn't be higher than CS.

I think this is the correct CLCinfo/CLCret string, isn't it?

inq inqdp ds_4t16_5hp howaw tv5 ds_4t16 tvaw how tvdp cs j exo tv3

Okay, thank you. I will change that and see how my dps is after. Any other suggestions or criticism is welcome. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I think this is the correct CLCinfo/CLCret string, isn't it?

inq inqdp ds_4t16_5hp howaw tv5 ds_4t16 tvaw how tvdp cs j exo tv3
    howaw before tv5? That would waste HP during AW.

The following string was build after the priority list used in SimulationCraft:
    Code:
    inq inqdp ds_4t16_5hp tv5 tvdp_2s how ds_4t16_aw tvaw cs j ds_4t16 tvdp exo tv3
    You need to rename the rotation.untested file to rotation.lua in the latest version of clcInfo to get the ds_4t16_aw and tvdp_2s commands.
    Last edited by cremor; 2014-01-26 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Alpha version of clcInfo not needed any more