Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    There is no haste breakpoint/plateau/"feel good" spot.
    Not true... simc shows that the more haste you have the more value mastery (and crit) gets, then consider 4set procs and the fact that 12/14 bosses in SoO have cleave phases and the fact that mastery is stronger than haste for cleave/aoe. It's true that there's no rule that says you should go for 17k haste or 19k haste or 21.5k haste, that's up to each individual player, according to simc we have a difference of ~5-10k dps (single target, average) between haste/crit/mastery after 17000k haste rating. What you chose to gear into after that is going to give you different results. Just because you disagree doesn't change the results from Simc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeKingslayer View Post
    Hello fellow ret pallys!
    Your guild logs are private, can't view them.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Not true... simc shows that the more haste you have the more value mastery (and crit) gets, then consider 4set procs and the fact that 12/14 bosses in SoO have cleave phases and the fact that mastery is stronger than haste for cleave/aoe. It's true that there's no rule that says you should go for 17k haste or 19k haste or 21.5k haste, that's up to each individual player, according to simc we have a difference of ~5-10k dps (single target, average) between haste/crit/mastery after 17000k haste rating. What you chose to gear into after that is going to give you different results. Just because you disagree doesn't change the results from Simc.

- - - Updated - - -

Your guild logs are private, can't view them.
    And as you said: There isnt any magic number to go With haste, If you can press buttons fast and react fast, go haste

15+ Year Old Account
    So last night I got to do a test raid with a guild to see how I fit with them. I went in with 4/14N and F, so I was clueless beyond Sha. They explained what the wanted very well, and apparently logged half the fights. I think I did fairly well, but if anyone wanted to look over the logs and give me any pointers that would be great. Ignore Juggernaut, apparently when you rebind your bubble and forget you did it TWICE you will die to taking a bomb.

Here's me.
    Here's the logs.

I did get like 4 pieces of loot last night, I think the gear changes from those bosses to what I'm wearing now are weapon, belt, chest, and some ilvl upgrades.

Thanks.

Oh, and I also had a question about a sim I ran this morning. It still had haste barely in the lead, which I'm like 111 haste away from the 40% mark, but it had crit outweighing mastery. Just curious if this is right, and I should be swapping my reforging strategies to crit?
    Last edited by Gracin; 2014-05-07 at 01:39 PM.

Crit discussion you can read about a couple posts above you.
    Logs look alright without going into them deeply, just learn fights and work with what you get in terms of gear etc.

Deleted

[RET] - Looking for advice.

Hi all, doing normal mode raids with my guild and I feel like I'm under performing. Our lead plays Ret every now and then and does around 30K dps more than me with 2 ilvl more and a 4 piece tier set less.

looking for any advice.

Armory
    http://www.icy-veins.com/retribution...owns-abilities - Rotation I use.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoca159452d04; 2014-05-16 at 07:53 PM.

How much DPS do you usually put out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    How much DPS do you usually put out?
    Sorry I should have said that. Around 160,000 - 175,000

Question: As a human, should I use the Sword/Mace instead of the Polearm for the expertise bonus?
    Last edited by Alissana; 2014-05-20 at 02:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    to Allaria,

Does your Lead Retpaladin have both soo trinkets? evil eye of galakras decreases cds A LOT!
    Last edited by Meilinda; 2014-06-03 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allaria View Post
    Hi all, doing normal mode raids with my guild and I feel like I'm under performing. Our lead plays Ret every now and then and does around 30K dps more than me with 2 ilvl more and a 4 piece tier set less.
    The armoury currently shows you with divine purpose. Is this what you usually take or did you just happen to have it out for something else when you logged out?

Also, which major glyphs do you use on most raid fights? Glyphs that do a small amount of extra damage are probably better than ones that do a small amount of extra healing.

Armory in signature.
    Logs : http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y4xMd9ZQLqmn2gCW
    While i feel like my dps has improved significantly since ~ a month ago i feel like i can still be doing better.
    One thing i've seen some people do was go crit build instead of mastery, while gimmicks aren't a solution was wondering if it would possibly work better due to some mistakes i'm making, and/or some of it's strengths.
    Plus possible comments on gear (only thing i can't change are bracers ench, and belt/ring/cloak/boot gems, since they're part of my prot set)

Hi guys, first time posting here, hopefully this thread still gets some attention. Anyways I've been playing since BC but I jumped in for the later half of the SoO patch so I'm trying to make sure I'm doing things right.

Armory: Don't have permission for links yet, but I'm the only 90 ret Cackberry

Logs: Again, no permission for links, but I do have a few available via PM

These are the two fights I didn't dc during that night and I feel my numbers aren't that great for.

Sha of pride I run Glyph of mass exo, Double J and Glyph of Inq 320.6k DPS (141.21M)

Protectors I use Mass exo, double J and glyph of Templar's Verdict 283.7k DPS (150.7m)

I generally use the CLCret rotation, I pre-pot at 2 seconds before pull, I pop GOAK right before i crusader strike, judgement, exorcism, inquistion, CS, judgment, CS and by that point my GOAK is at 12stacks and both of my str trink

When it comes to Simucraft does the DPS it shows mean with or without raid buffs/food etc?

I'm having a hard time getting more than 140dps right now. SimuCraft says I should be closer to 167 or so?

us. battle. net /wow/en/character/proudmoore/Sverra/advanced

no WoL yet, not really struggling on fights except maybe spoils. Glyphs tend to stay the same. (I haven't changed them yet really...)

Edit: AW and GOAK, start of fight you use them together, but what about later? Is it a DPS loss to wait for both cooldowns to be up again or is a loss to use AW without GOAK up? (If that makes sense?)
    Last edited by theflamecrow; 2014-06-07 at 05:48 AM.

You pick if it's all buffs or not.
    Check buffs in settings tab (me thinks)

Last i checked, you pop it asap unless there's a specific scenario, where you're doing significantly less dps then normally, which would lead you to delaying it.
    (if say it comes up mid t1 before you can attack boss)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theflamecrow View Post
    no WoL yet, not really struggling on fights except maybe spoils. Glyphs tend to stay the same. (I haven't changed them yet really...)

Edit: AW and GOAK, start of fight you use them together, but what about later? Is it a DPS loss to wait for both cooldowns to be up again or is a loss to use AW without GOAK up? (If that makes sense?)
    No, don't wait; they will naturally line up every second George and third AW if you use them off cooldown. The only time you should wait is if you won't reduce the total number you can use in the fight and you'd benefit from another boost to dps (e.g. heroism, trinket proc, etc).

Spoils is a pretty strong fight for us; in what way do you struggle?

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    No, don't wait; they will naturally line up every second George and third AW if you use them off cooldown. The only time you should wait is if you won't reduce the total number you can use in the fight and you'd benefit from another boost to dps (e.g. heroism, trinket proc, etc).

Spoils is a pretty strong fight for us; in what way do you struggle?
    It was my first run in Spoils on Flex, I assume we should DS and use AOE seal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theflamecrow View Post
    It was my first run in Spoils on Flex, I assume we should DS and use AOE seal?
    It depends on the exact strat (there are AoE ones), but most Spoils strats, especially with overcautious tanks on Flex, rarely have enough mobs up at a time for DP to be worth talenting; never mind being in SoR which is only worth it on 4+ targets assuming no Censure-spreading.

Unless you're pulling a metric crapload of small boxes on Spoils, stick to SW and SoT.

Side with blue boxes (mogu) tends to be more aoe heavy but Spoils as a fight depends on like a billion different things when it comes to how you play it, speed of opening boxes, setup, what buffs you get from the pandas... do you pause to wait for cds between the rooms? So much to consider.
    DP should be mandatory, then go for things that doesn't limit your mobility/range so exorcism glyph and Light's Hammer is something I've never used because you're always moving around and having another ranged attack is quite handy.

Hi, I was wondering if there was anything that I am doing wrong with my gear (Besides the obvious chant on the bracers, and the 2 pure exp gems instead of two hybrids) and if ~150k dps on Malkorok is about where my dps should be, with my Inq uptime typically being above 95% on a fight like that.

My Armory us.battle. n e t/wow/en/character/hyjal/Kellath/simple

No WoL though =/