Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a decent understanding of my rotation now and wouldn't mind switching to Sera but feel I wouldn't get as much out of it as I should since my group tends to have an issue with tunneling (I'm just as guilty). The person with the highest ring goes all willy nilly and pops it randomly (getting better) and the one who pops hero has to be told multiple times to do so.

Anywho question about Xhul should I stay on him the entire fight or switch to the large add and cleave him with the little ones? Lead wants me always on adds doesn't matter if the big one is down and everything is in range I'm told to switch to the little ones and part of me thinks that's not how I should be going about this fight. Also not sure if I should be using LH or switch to ES for it.
    Armory in sig I know I need to upgrade shoulders once more but work and such happened.
    Last edited by Azmaria; 2015-12-23 at 12:02 PM.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Hey! Long time lurker, and figured it was finally time to get a handle on if I need to improve on anything, if there's anything I can do to improve. I feel like I'm pretty average, and could be doing a helluva lot better. So, here are our logs from last night with Mythic Gorefiend/Iskar/Soc. Any input would be great! Thank you in advance. I don't use CLCret, or Hekili or anything like that. Just WA, and Powaauras on top of Elvui.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/4dnkYgafTDp8XHWQ#fight=1

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Nephilheim/advanced

Can't post links yet.. ):
    Last edited by Nephilheim; 2015-12-24 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Wow, someone took offense fast because he needs a crutch to play his class.
    I've yet to see a decent ret pov mythic boss kill video that isn't using using addons to aid their play, whether it's TellMeWhen, WeakAura, CLCRet or Heliki... maybe you can enlighten us with your videos Myz or are you just talk?

15+ Year Old Account
    Armory Link: Armory
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Nil
    Worldoflogs Link: WoL
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Just looking for some feedback on what I can do to improve my dps.
    Description of Playstyle: I do my best to follow proper priority, using CD's when burst phases are needed or on CD if there isn't a burst phase or there's enough time until the burst is needed. I use Hekili, mainly to keep the priorities straight during mechanic intensive fights.

Two weeks ago was my first trip back into raiding anything above lfr since MoP, it was an OpenRaid pug that went 8/13. The logs linked are for a trial run with a potential guild. Got my two piece tonight as well as the belt. Those pieces weren't equipped and any gear that is upgraded other than my weapon was done after these logs were taken. Definitely was a learning curve, trying to figure out the added mechanics as well as actually needing to follow the mechanics unlike the normal lfr tunnel vision.

Overall I think I did decent for being involved in 4 normal bosses I hadn't done, and the 6 heroic bosses(I also hadn't done) we killed tonight, along with the group working on learning Iskar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Armory Link: Armory
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Nil
    Worldoflogs Link: WoL
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Just looking for some feedback on what I can do to improve my dps.
    Description of Playstyle: I do my best to follow proper priority, using CD's when burst phases are needed or on CD if there isn't a burst phase or there's enough time until the burst is needed. I use Hekili, mainly to keep the priorities straight during mechanic intensive fights.

Two weeks ago was my first trip back into raiding anything above lfr since MoP, it was an OpenRaid pug that went 8/13. The logs linked are for a trial run with a potential guild. Got my two piece tonight as well as the belt. Those pieces weren't equipped and any gear that is upgraded other than my weapon was done after these logs were taken. Definitely was a learning curve, trying to figure out the added mechanics as well as actually needing to follow the mechanics unlike the normal lfr tunnel vision.

Overall I think I did decent for being involved in 4 normal bosses I hadn't done, and the 6 heroic bosses(I also hadn't done) we killed tonight, along with the group working on learning Iskar.
    Hey Gracin, Welcome back to the raiding scene! Overall taking a quick look at your logs you are doing well for you ilvl bracket, especially since you did not have 2pc for these fights, and you are learning the fights on top of that! But I will edit this as I go more intensively through your logs. It seems you care about min/maxing so I may get a little pickie so please don't get too offensive with me

In the mean time I highly recommend heading over to the Paladin forums on blizz's website and take a thorough read on Svayne's Ret Paladin guide!

1) Double Potting is your friend! Some bosses you did, others you didn't pot at all
    2) Use Augment Runes - I personally don't use them on farm content anymore, as its only 50str, but every little bit helps. I don't think logs shows runes, so if you are using it, my apologies.
    3) Arcane Torrent More - I always AT right before pull during pull timer to get my self a little ahead to pop wings sooner. Try to use it on CD or when you need to get a little extra burst (I wait until all my Abilities are on CD and i have "nothing to do" 4.5 min fight = 1 extra TV/FV
    4) Line up your wings with when ring/lust is used... This will be much easier now you have 2pc and know the fights and how long they last and can get an idea of when everything is used
    5) Any constant cleave/aoe fight you should be taking Light's Hammer, unless your raid is having issues single targeting focus targets. In addition to this, for assault, go with Seal of Righteousness.
    6)Any any fight with 3+ targets (that will constantly be group and in melee range)go with Glyph of Mass Exorism, you can use it at 2+ targets, but at 2 constant targets, Glyph of Double Jeopardy is better , and having that and Mass Exo helps a lot - if you're out of melee range a lot Mass Exo doesnt help much.
    7) For kormrok, wait til after he comes back from the pool before you load down on CDs. When the hands spawn I'm at 5Hp with a FV buff, that way I can get at least one DS off, if im really lucky, 2 empowered divine storms! (this is just meter padding, if the hands are dieing without issues)
    8) In relation to post 6, Use Double Jeopardy for Council, you dont loose ST dps on gurtogg, but you do a little extra damage to Jubei (not to menture a 5 stack censure ticking on him)
    9) A very big thing I noticed, seems to happen more often with fights with a lot of Target switching, you have ALOT of wasted HoPo, meaning you used a generator at 5 HoPo, you may have been pooling in some cases, but remember, 3 wasted HP = 1 wasted FV OR a FV_DS. Also you would have gained addition DPS from hand of light damage. Manno you had 8, Archie you had 11. Gorefiend 7.

TLR Version: Eat Food, double pot, use runes and Arcane Torrent, Read Svayne's guide on which talents/glyphs to use on a per-boss bases. And Lastly Don't waste HoPo!!!!!!!

I'm not too good and digging into logs, but hope this helped you some!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilheim View Post
    Hey! Long time lurker, and figured it was finally time to get a handle on if I need to improve on anything, if there's anything I can do to improve. I feel like I'm pretty average, and could be doing a helluva lot better. So, here are our logs from last night with Mythic Gorefiend/Iskar/Soc. Any input would be great! Thank you in advance. I don't use CLCret, or Hekili or anything like that. Just WA, and Powaauras on top of Elvui.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/4dnkYgafTDp8XHWQ#fight=1

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Nephilheim/advanced

Can't post links yet.. ):
    Haven't done M Gorefiend yet, and only done M Iskar and Soc on my hunter, but I will comment on those 2 and edit and update this as I go through logs

Gorefiend:
    1) You missed a seraphim usage after digest, you sill would have been able to use the next one approx 5 seconds into Feast of Souls
    2) Another thing, you should be casting ES right before wings/Seraphim, not after.

Iskar:
    Didn't really see anything wrong, at 1st I was curious why you were generating hopo at 5hopo, but I can tell your group slowed/stopped DPS to wait for ring to come off CD before Add phase.

Soc:
    Only thing I can really find, which might explain the not so great rankings, is that lack of timing you CDs with ring, it was well virtually non existent.... On the 2nd ring you didn't have a CD up at all during its entire duration

Also remember ES then wings, ES will be uber strong at its peak. Its base damage + Seraphim + 4pc T18 bonus. By Doing it after Wings you miss a little dps on 2 fronts: 1) The 4pc will expire before ES final tick, and it costs you a global which means less overall DPS... just a tip for you

Hope this helps you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria View Post
    I've got a decent understanding of my rotation now and wouldn't mind switching to Sera but feel I wouldn't get as much out of it as I should since my group tends to have an issue with tunneling (I'm just as guilty). The person with the highest ring goes all willy nilly and pops it randomly (getting better) and the one who pops hero has to be told multiple times to do so.

Anywho question about Xhul should I stay on him the entire fight or switch to the large add and cleave him with the little ones? Lead wants me always on adds doesn't matter if the big one is down and everything is in range I'm told to switch to the little ones and part of me thinks that's not how I should be going about this fight. Also not sure if I should be using LH or switch to ES for it.
    Armory in sig I know I need to upgrade shoulders once more but work and such happened.
    1) Seraphim is the Bomb Digity, it is your go to single target talent. Its best used for when you are constantly beating only 1 thing on the face, or only focusing 1 thing. (Iron Reaver, Kilrogg *if not going down*, Gorefiend, Soc, Zakuun) It also has its uses for Tyrant and Manno.
    2) Your Ring Bear (HIMYM anyone?) should not be popping his ring willy nilly. It does not benefit him nor the raid. If it is planned in advance when to use it then EVERYONE can plan their DPS CDs accordingly. This means a lot more damage is going out during the ring duration, which then means boss get hits a hell lot harder when it splashes. Which then means boss dies faster, and raid DPS goes up.
    3) Really depends if the raid is having troubles with the adds or not. Range should always be on the void guys when they spawn, not melee. As for the imps, if they arent dieing fast enough and casts arent subsequently not getting interrupted, then you need to kill the imps 1st and foremost. My group just cleaves/aoes everything but for progression, you are gonna want to focus the big add and cleave off on to the boss. You do not want to tunnel the big adds because that means the Xhul is in P3 for a much longer period of time (which is not good.)
    4) In terms of LH or ES it depends what your group is having issues with. Having trouble killing imps? LH Having issues with the big add not dieing fast? ES, BUT 99.9% of the time you will want LH. Try to time LH for when the imps spawn to maximize your dps.. Also make sure you are using your aoe trinkets.

Hope this helps you!
    Last edited by Lady Mormont; 2016-01-01 at 10:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by battosi08 View Post
    My group just cleaves/aoes everything but for progression, you are gonna want to focus the big add and cleave off on to the boss. You do not want to tunnel the big adds because that means the Xhul is in P3 for a much longer period of time (which is not good.)
    They share health. Doesn't matter what you target(adds are lower level = higher crit chance.)

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Need some help

Been Learning Ret Spec since this expansion and once I thought I had it figured out I realized I'm not as good as I thought...please someone help!!! I feel like I got the potential... Just need some fine tuning to get it right... I really feel like I'm just a so-so Ret Paladin and can be doing so much more and that's where I want to be!!! BE CRITICAL!!!!... I understand the Mythic Assaults on my parses are REALLY low...kind of hard when the group I'm in kills everything super fast and we have a bunch of downtime in that fight...not really worried about that fight.. my problem I feel is more in my single target encounters.

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11354699/latest/

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Spytefull/advanced

sorry...gotta copy and paste...no permission to paste links yet :/
    Last edited by Spytefull; 2016-01-04 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Wow, someone took offense fast because he needs a crutch to play his class.
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Spytefull View Post
    Been Learning Ret Spec since this expansion and once I thought I had it figured out I realized I'm not as good as I thought...please someone help!!! I feel like I got the potential... Just need some fine tuning to get it right... I really feel like I'm just a so-so Ret Paladin and can be doing so much more and that's where I want to be!!! BE CRITICAL!!!!... I understand the Mythic Assaults on my parses are REALLY low...kind of hard when the group I'm in kills everything super fast and we have a bunch of downtime in that fight...not really worried about that fight.. my problem I feel is more in my single target encounters.

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11354699/latest/

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Spytefull/advanced

sorry...gotta copy and paste...no permission to paste links yet :/
    I'll edit this as I find more stuff:

1) HoPo wasting, for that most part it's not to bad only maybe 3-5 or so, but some fights you are wasting A LOT, holding HoPo here and there to wait for major burst phases happening in a couple seconds isnt too bad, but some fights there aren't really any reason you should be as high as you are. And some of this could be dependent on your group's strategy. But for kilrogg for example, you had 49 wasted HoPo, meaning you generated 49 HoPo when you were at 5HoPo already. That is 16 finishers you could have used!
    2) Another thing regarding HoPo, use Arcane Torrent, its there for free HoPo gains. 1HoPo every 1.5 mins means one extra Finisher every 4.5 minutes.
    3) You should be trying to line up Wings/Seraphim togther, and use ES right before you wings/sera.
    Copied from my earlier post: Also remember ES then wings, ES will be uber strong at its peak. Its base damage (ticking damage is stronger towards the end) + Seraphim + 4pc T18 bonus. By Doing it after Wings you miss a little dps on 2 fronts: 1) The 4pc will expire before ES final tick, and it costs you a global which means less overall DPS... just a tip for you
    4) For Assault, make sure you are SoR, I usually only switch to SoT fro the mini bosses.
    5) For Kormrok, don't use your CDs at the pull, wait until AFTER he jumps and after the splashes. For me I usually pool 5 HoPo, with a FV buff up. That way when he comes back and in postion it is time for hands which I DS, and if im lucky with procs, ill DS again. Best case scenario Ill have a FV-EMPDS up for hands then ill get enother EMP-DS form that so ill FV to before I DS (since I pooled 5 HoPo and only need to use 1 generator. Also, for a little bit more deeps, you can switch to SoR when soaking the splashes.
    6) For longer fights, you don't want to chain Wings, you want to time them with you ES, so approximately every minute. Exception to the rule is during burst phases that last longer than 30secs.
    7) for gorefiend, I dont know if you were holding off dps or in the stomach or anything, but you could have used a 5th Wings, even 1/4 of a 6th
    8) A lot of the fights you are using AW then building to 5HoPo to use seraphim, you should really be building to 5HoPo then using wings/sera together. The dps increase from sera + 4pc T18 (wings of liberty) is awesome. You will only get a couple seconds of wings of liberty with sera active, compared to building HoPo 1st. And this is where Arcane Torrent can help a little, get you to 5 HoPo a little bit quicker. And once again, use ES right before you wings/sera
    9) In some fights I noticed you weren't double potting, don't forget to double pot! =P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    They share health. Doesn't matter what you target(adds are lower level = higher crit chance.)
    Ah, didn't know that, the little adds die so fast I never noticed. Thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by Lady Mormont; 2016-01-04 at 06:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    How did I not know this? Time to get me a rank 1 on xhul this week (JK Fel Surge 6times kthxbai)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I have some questions,

Will my macro result in ES final tick with max wings of liberty:

/cast [mod:shift,harm] Execution Sentence
    /cast [mod:shift] Avenging Wrath
    /cast [mod:shift] Seraphim

Also, if i'm not controlling the ring, should i pool 5 HP or just blow ES+AW, generate HP then sera. My group usually uses the ring at 2-3s after pull.

I'm a blood elf, so i can generate 3HP just as the ring is activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cress View Post
    Hello, I have some questions,

Will my macro result in ES final tick with max wings of liberty:

/cast [mod:shift,harm] Execution Sentence
    /cast [mod:shift] Avenging Wrath
    /cast [mod:shift] Seraphim

Also, if i'm not controlling the ring, should i pool 5 HP or just blow ES+AW, generate HP then sera. My group usually uses the ring at 2-3s after pull.

I'm a blood elf, so i can generate 3HP just as the ring is activated.
    That would work, however to my understanding, you will want to use es, the wings/sera/HoW after the GCD. IE ES, wait for GCD, then use wings/sera/how combo. I believe this is a bigger dps gain even though the last tick of ES won't line up with the last tick of wings of liberty. (A theory crafter can correct me if I'm wrong on this)

As for the ring, from what I've read, and experienced you will want to line up ES/wings with ring and build to 5 hopo and use sera. Then you will delay your 2nd seraphim with the next ES/Wings so everything lines back up. This works on bosses on farm when your group is using ring on CD. You may still need to delay CDs to better align for the strategically placed ring usage.

I'm not a theorycrafter, so I may be wrong, but from what I understand to the best of my knowledge this would be correct.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

Lurker here just registered since I did my first guild Mythic this week. We did 7/13 and even though it was my first try on most bosses I really feel I was underperforming a lot on most of the fights. And looking around on some logs and what I'm simming (around 97k patchwerk) I feel like like I'm doing something very important wrong. No posting links yet.

My armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Bubblemith/advanced
    The boots, hands and bracers are new ofcourse since I got them on the run.

My logs from Soc and Council where I feel I did worst without a clear explanation that jumps out at me:
    Council:warcraftlogs.com/reports/9rv2tqdBXC6amznT#fight=11&type=auras&source=5
    Soc:warcraftlogs.com/reports/9rv2tqdBXC6amznT#fight=28&type=auras&source=5

My spec for this fight is follow:
    Council:wowhead.com/talent#MlyI6M
    Soc:wowhead.com/talent#MlyI6z-0pm

My questions are:
    Like I said above, I'm getting the feeling I'm so far below what I'm simming and seeing on other logs I'm doing something just very very wrong.
    1) I feel like I'm getting way less casts off then most other logs I see even tho I'm spamming my keyboard into the next life. I know in the council fight I have a big downtime which was due to some interupt issues on Dia who was refusing to move out of a void zone. Am I lacking haste? Am I being Idle? Am I missing casts? Is my Rotation the problem?
    2) I feel like I'm seeing equally geared people (ilvl wise) do a lot higher damage on the same abilities. Am I just crazy or am I itemized wrong?
    3) Is there anything else glaring wrong. I know my Sera timing was off quite a bit during some of the fights. I'll blaim this on doing the fights for the first time and not fully focussing on my rotation. However this seems fixable with some more exprience on the fights. However I feel like that doesn't account for the 15k+ DPS I feel I'm missing a lot of fights.

Thanks in advance guys, I can rustle up some more logs on wednesday when we go again.

So question, between CLCret and Hekili, they both seem to offer the same rotation as far as I can tell (except Hekili kept trying to feed me when to use interrupts as well in the rotation which I found annoying since our warriors usually got it and regardless I know what to interrupt, I just want to know what ability should be next); is there a reason why Hekili is better?

Also is there a miniguide out there for proper Seraphim usage or something? I finally got my 4p last week (god you suck rng and other people winning tokens), but I've just been with FV so far still. Do you just pop it whenever you hit 5 HP and try to always use it with wings I guess? It's just basically another big self buff like wings, but costing HP instead and with a shorter CD right?

Hey guys,

Was wondering if you can help me out w/ my rotation and see if i'm doing stuff wrong especially on aoe fights. I think I produce pretty decent dps on single target fights as well but I have this sinking feeling I should be doing alot me.

My armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Draerukw/simple

I've been using final verdict since I find myself having a hard time using sera and keeping track of it.

My recent log for xhul is

warcraftlogs.com/reports/bKN8cmYqzZhfHFTk#type=damage-done&source=11

I simply want to improve more and produce as much dps as I can for the guild and learn more basicly.

I do't use hekili as an addon as I am finding myself confused/overwhelmed w/ it especially tracking fights, doing mechanics and dpsing at the same time. As well as helping out our healers by throwing sac here and there as I see needed

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsettled View Post
    Hey guys,

Was wondering if you can help me out w/ my rotation and see if i'm doing stuff wrong especially on aoe fights. I think I produce pretty decent dps on single target fights as well but I have this sinking feeling I should be doing alot me.

My armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Draerukw/simple

I've been using final verdict since I find myself having a hard time using sera and keeping track of it.

My recent log for xhul is

warcraftlogs.com/reports/bKN8cmYqzZhfHFTk#type=damage-done&source=11

I simply want to improve more and produce as much dps as I can for the guild and learn more basicly.

I do't use hekili as an addon as I am finding myself confused/overwhelmed w/ it especially tracking fights, doing mechanics and dpsing at the same time. As well as helping out our healers by throwing sac here and there as I see needed

Thanks in advance
    You should use FV for that fight as you're cleaving most of the time.
    Since the imps spawn very often and you're cleaving anyways, i just do the whole fight using Seal of Righteousness and also take Light's Hammer instead of Execution Sentence. You do none of these, and since there are AoE phases it is preety much required to squeeze out the best dps possible. Also, you should be doing FV->DS->FV->DS since it's 2 targets, and you have a low number of DS casts so i assume you ain't doing it.

Also, if the imps are spawning soon make sure you have the FV buff up and pool 5 holy power. Then when the imps spawn, since they will die fast, just go DS->Generator->DS. Always keep track of the imps's timer as it is important for your dps. That is all i can see that you can improve on. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifept View Post
    You should use FV for that fight as you're cleaving most of the time.
    Since the imps spawn very often and you're cleaving anyways, i just do the whole fight using Seal of Righteousness and also take Light's Hammer instead of Execution Sentence. You do none of these, and since there are AoE phases it is preety much required to squeeze out the best dps possible. Also, you should be doing FV->DS->FV->DS since it's 2 targets, and you have a low number of DS casts so i assume you ain't doing it.

Also, if the imps are spawning soon make sure you have the FV buff up and pool 5 holy power. Then when the imps spawn, since they will die fast, just go DS->Generator->DS. Always keep track of the imps's timer as it is important for your dps. That is all i can see that you can improve on. Have fun.
    I've always thought that DS isn't as useful w/o the proc? That why I usually just use FV and only uses it when DS proc to give me maximum dmg I can get off them. And is Hammer or Righteous worth using in an aoe fight? Not sure if they proc our mastery that's all

Also I am always confuse on when to use Seal of Righteous or Seal of Truth. That why I tend to stay w/ Truth.

You use truth on singletraget, rigteousness comes ahead at 3 targets, or 2 if you have Empty drinking horn, since it spreads the stacks. hotr is wort it @ 4 enemies, and yes it does proc mastery. so with EDH, if on fight there is any point in witch 2 or more targets are present for more than 30 sec, its probably better to stay in SoR since censure dmg is kinda miniscule, and the fel burn damage will come ahead on one target, on Xhul for one the extra dmg from SoR is easily gained during 2 imp waves, and switching out of it is only worth on last phas eif you get to run fel surge right before it imo, as the wasted gcd for seal swapping is not worth the few censure ticks

Deleted
    Hell fellow ret pally i was wondering if u could tell me if i am doing my stuff correctly i just started alt raiding with my ret paladin and we have started to do mythic bosses so i wanted to know if i am doing my stuff correctly and if not what can i do to improve my dps cuz since we started mythic i have to play on my agame and make sure i bring it to raid

Here are my logs its not much but i hope its gonna be enough for you to help me out

Note: I can not yet post links but if u go to warcraft logs and just add
    /reports/XNp1g3TwtxmVFqMa#fight=2
    in the home part of warcraftlogs u will see my logs
    I am Neosporin in the logs

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    So question, between CLCret and Hekili, they both seem to offer the same rotation as far as I can tell (except Hekili kept trying to feed me when to use interrupts as well in the rotation which I found annoying since our warriors usually got it and regardless I know what to interrupt, I just want to know what ability should be next); is there a reason why Hekili is better?
    Just variations of a theme, really. I prefer Ovale, however, due to the interrupt not being fed into the main rotation (yes, you can remove it from the Hekili priority but I like having the notification) and the general customization options available (and more class support).
    Stormrage US | Aesryn