Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The +80 stats means primary stats. Expertise is a secondary stat.

Also, 7.49% is pretty close to cap. I wouldn't go out of your way for the extra .01% it means very little.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iggot/advanced
    I used SW/ES on all fights except H stoneguard, where I use LH/SW, I do use DP on blade lord,considering using it on leishi I use glyph of mass exo on stone guard as well
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ff0sg3p9ak2f6pdt/
    Would anyone suggest me using anything but SW? I am under the impression that with the 4pc it is a dps gain. How many players do you think it would take to farm the t11 prot set? Can you find any major or minor tweaks I can make to improve overall parsing. I have been out of raids for two weeks and lost all my rankings due to gm deleting the logs or making them private. If you asked me it looks like I've had a drop in overall performance as far as parsing goes.http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/magtheridon/rahkarn/ Also any tips/tricks for H garalon/windlord would be appreciated, I think I'm good on head knowledge for Garalon, but I haven't found a decent guide for Wind Lord.

As far as rotation and cd usage goes, My prio would be tvdp inq tv5 how exo j cs tv3 I typically begin a fight popping all available cooldowns and using them again as soon as they are up. I will wait 15-30sec if there is a major dps increase coming in that time period, such as heroism, stacks of tiles being completed on heroic stone guard, etc.

If anyone knows the name of the addon that reports what important raid cds you use when you use them let me know(ex. devo aura, BOP, HSAC
    Last edited by rahkarn; 2012-12-12 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    The +80 stats means primary stats. Expertise is a secondary stat.

Also, 7.49% is pretty close to cap. I wouldn't go out of your way for the extra .01% it means very little.
    This.

Also, if you don't use something like ReforgeLite, or some other add-on that's similar, I'd look into it. Makes the best use of your stats, and puts them where they need to be to get the most of everything.

(My pally): Zeronu, Bloodelf, Feathermoon Server. Guild: Sword and Quill

That, my dear friends, is my 483ilvl ret paladin, of which I am falling into a bit of a..problem. You see, I am doing about 42-44k dps on a raid test dummy(Kings buff alone), I have a very strong feeling that is far too low. I am unsure as to why, or what may be the stem of this problem. I am just a little under expertise capped, I am hit capped and my stat priorities are, after hit cap as follows : STR>HASTE>CRIT=MASTERY.

My rotation is something a little off of the norm as well, but its very comfortable for me: Build 3 HP>Inq>Execution Sentence(Being used every time off cooldown)> Build 3 HP>TV>Build 3 HP>TV>Build 3 HP>Inq. Depending on Art of war procs, I may be able to squeeze a third TV in there, but its rinse repeat.

I'd just like some advice or backing or reassurance...whatever it is out there-just need to get this figured out because it's really been hacking at me.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-12-15 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Problem View Post
    I took yall's advice im just waiting to get the trinket And I'm sure ill be doing a hell of alot better then i was.
    Also holy prism isnt any good on that boss. Its hard to adjust it to hit both leg (which you should be nuking 247 when theyre up) and garalon same time. Use es for boss if legs drop slowly and if legs stay more than 9 sec use es on legs. Keep also censure on garalon same time u nuke legs down to boost dps even more

@Zeronu

Those little things people don't normally do are there for a reason, you ignore it and then u complain about your dps :/ ?

Try Reforgelite addon, it'll maximize your haste as much as possible, after hit and exp cap ofcourse.

i didn't look much into your problem, but not doing the normal rotation will hurt your dps over time because u'll sometimes just stand there with nothing to cast.

Being what? I am not ignoring anything, nor do I find myself sitting there and unable to cast anything.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:39 AM ----------

I've run the normal rotation as well, resulting in the same numbers. Believe me I've looked into that already

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeronu View Post
    Being what? I am not ignoring anything, nor do I find myself sitting there and unable to cast anything.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:39 AM ----------

I've run the normal rotation as well, resulting in the same numbers. Believe me I've looked into that already

I've fixed the link to your armory for you!

I can't suggest enough for you though to hold the recommended rotation/priority.

Do you have problems following it, do you find it more complex? If you can't follow it, set up addons to help track your CD's. See how much time left before XYZ spell comes off CD's, help visualize better.

If you want a great inclusive addon for Ret, try CLCRet. If you want to get a bit more in depth with it you can try CLCInfo! And follow Requital's great guide to that!

Now that you have that said as well.

What methods do you use for reforging? You shouldn't be at a -1.03% gap for expertise, with hit going over so high like that. If it happens to go over, it happens, but you should not be so under.

Try Reforgelite as an addon. Set it up and let it run for your gear!

That will start to see you some differences right there.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Thanks for the link fix :P

What numbers should I be seeing? Or the general niche that my ilvl is expected to fall in?

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:56 AM ----------

Just looking for a general 'goal' to set, so that I after all of my tweaking and modifying I can see how close I can get to said goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeronu View Post
    Thanks for the link fix :P

What numbers should I be seeing? Or the general niche that my ilvl is expected to fall in?

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:56 AM ----------

Just looking for a general 'goal' to set, so that I after all of my tweaking and modifying I can see how close I can get to said goal.
    I ran your toon through simulation. As others have said, your priority is all wrong, and that's a big part of doing well. On a raid dummy, you should be doing about 50-55k. At your gear level too, you want to prioritize crit over mastery, so STR > Haste > Crit > Mastery.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konne View Post
    Also holy prism isnt any good on that boss.
    Holy Prism is a way to help the healers to heal melee group.

Currently at 44-45k with the suggested rotation. Expertise capped, hit capped.

@Zeronu

Change your gems, here is a good topic by Anaxie that will tell u which gems u should go for

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mp-Theorycraft

Also u can try Sanctified Wrath talent, it is good ;3

Im rolling Holy avenger into the rotation, using it when its off CD, along with Execution sentance :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 01:30 PM ----------

Still hovering at 45k, not sure where this other projected ten k is..

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 01:43 PM ----------

Hm...
    Took a look at the thread Blacklion, it kind of bothers me lol-Main reason being that red gems are shared with haste/str gems, instead of what Im so used to (pure strength), and yellow gems are pure haste now?

That's interesting sure..if not..quite differant than what I've been used to hearing :P
    Last edited by Zeronu; 2012-12-15 at 01:30 PM.

@Zeronu

Yes, atm gemming haste is better than STR, You need all the haste you can get, tho i wonder why no1 mentioned your gem yet :x

Try to maximize your haste, meaning if you have a piece with mastery&Crit, reforge the highest one of them to haste to get those little extra hastes

Deleted
    Hey, sitting at 476 ilvl, pulled 122k last week on Elegon - but every week we end up wiping a good 10 times in p3 and I'm just wondering if there're any specific ways to increase my dps during the fight so that p3 goes a lot faster and smoother? Any help would be appreciated

@Dices

at the start of p3 where there will be adds and stuff, use Aura mastery while killing the adds to get a safe transition, after all the adds die, just stack behind the boss and AoE heal it, no need to reset your stacks and stuff, use tranq when u see people just dropping, and another aura mastery if u have another pally, you also wanna go for Haste > Mastery > crit for elegon since he has a nice % damage taken increased

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Holy Prism is a way to help the healers to heal melee group.
    But with correct positioning urself to hit prism on all targets wanted and reducing ur hp generation when allready so gcd oockez i think minor healing is the biggest loser here

Deleted
    This is me (hope that I've logged out as retri :P)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...egation/simple

Things wrong are:
    wrist enchant, agi weapon, over caps 'cause of not optimal reforges.
    Retribution is my offspec and I use neck,back, wrist and belt for the protection spec aswell.

My "rotation" is: (Always Inqui 3hp)5hp TV>ES>HoW>EX>CS>J>3hpTV
    During SW is something like: HoW->Filler->HoW->3hp TV
    This said, do I have something else to improve?
    Currently I'm doing 55k dps self buffed (with Might) on the boss target dummy, 74k dps on Battletron with 7/7 buff+flask+food (300 str).

I think that with my Ilevel I should doing a bit more damage (even with the "mistakes" gear-wise).

If you dont have access to WoL log but have another log format how would one go about posting it? for example i just recently got WoWCardioRaid so that I could start looking at my own logs.