Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Don't underestimate the importance of having a good weapon. My damage increased hugely when I upgraded my T15 heroic to a T16 normal warforged. That being said, less than 200k sustained dps on that fight for your item level does seem low when compared to mine (and I'm no world beater). One thing I see from your logs of those attempts is almost no cleave. I am still in 4 piece T15 and so don't use divine storm on that fight if my 4 set has procced (except on Sun transition) and yet I have far more divine storms to my name than you do on a similar length fight. Also, it can be useful to censure cleave. One of the key things on that fight is not getting each one down to transition quickly, but having short periods of time between each transition (i.e. don't have the other two too far behind on health).
    Yeah your right a new weapon will be major upgrade indeed. I think it's my major mistake not to keep my t15 4set bonus....kinda miss holy templar verdict.

But does my latency of 200+ or 250+ ms really affecting my dps this much?

Thanks for the tips.

Deleted
    High latency will indeed affect performance, but that's not something you can do anything about and it's not useful to make an excuse of it. Better to look at areas for improvement that you can control. I imagine there are very few who really do get everything right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    High latency will indeed affect performance, but that's not something you can do anything about and it's not useful to make an excuse of it. Better to look at areas for improvement that you can control. I imagine there are very few who really do get everything right.
    Yeah I know what do you mean but when my other dpsers partners are playing with latency of 30 to 50 and I'm with 200+ I think at this point it will be a fact more than just an excuse. I'm not saying I'm playing perfect hell not even close of course there are always room for improvements but such latency is really killing my performance to be honest but yeah I regret disenchanting all of my tier 15 gears now..should stick with 4 set bonus of tier 15 because I still don't have the 4 set bonus of tier 16 I also heard the moment I get tier 16 4 piece bonus I should change talent to divine purpose is that true?

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A4wnyy/simple

only 150k dps on 4th boss in SoO normal (no damage on adds only boss) can you guys help me improve it dont know how to raise dps, i socketed haste+str gems in most slots. No professions yet but working on it, hows my specc/glyphs etc looking? should i gem 320 haste instead or stay str+haste im kinda low on haste. Also do you guys use clcret for rotation? i think its great but can i rely on it and when i get 4xT16 does it inc the proccs for it?

regards a newbie retridin

Quote Originally Posted by Dampo View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A4wnyy/simple

only 150k dps on 4th boss in SoO normal (no damage on adds only boss) can you guys help me improve it dont know how to raise dps, i socketed haste+str gems in most slots. No professions yet but working on it, hows my specc/glyphs etc looking? should i gem 320 haste instead or stay str+haste im kinda low on haste. Also do you guys use clcret for rotation? i think its great but can i rely on it and when i get 4xT16 does it inc the proccs for it?

regards a newbie retridin
    I posted this to another thread but some of it's applicable to you.

"Reforging to Expertise nets you Mastery because of how we're already gearing. Most of your gear will already have Haste on it. Therefor you cannot reforge TO Haste. So, you will be reforging any Expertise/Haste items to Mastery. Mastery is however very good and worth losing the strength just because of the weights. I know it seems weird, but since they changed the value of secondary stats if it's more than .50 of STR it's worth the switch. Just gem the EXP/Haste or Mastery gems until you cannot reforge away anymore Expertise. Then go back to gemming STR/Haste or Mastery.

Remember in this tier you want to get around 17,000 Haste and then start getting Mastery. Even before the stat amp trinket you can start using some Exp/Mastery or Str/Mastery gems in some of your slots.

Breakdown:
    Under 17,000 Haste and below Expertise cap: Exp/Haste gems. Reforge all Expertise to Mastery.
    Under 17,000 Haste and AT the Expertise cap: Str/Haste gems.
    At 17,000 Haste and below Expertise cap: Exp/Mastery gems. Reforge all Expertise to Mastery.
    At 17,000 Haste and AT the Expertise cap: Str/Mastery gems.
    "

Your link isn't working for me, but on Sha you should take Light's Hammer. The adds come out every minute so you can have a hammer down every time they spawn (until the 20% phase, when he does it sooner). Other than that run out for adds, obviously, then run back in so you can Divine Storm them with your HoPo.

Haste is supposed to be more than twice as valuable as strength at T14+ gear levels so you should gem it over strength. You can optimize your gear at askmrrobot.com.

Yes, clcret is good but you shouldn't rely on it blindly. When two spells are clashing I've found that it will often give you the lower priority spell, or tell you to cast inquisition before it's necessary. There is a string you can add to it for the T16 4p bonus but it hasn't been working for me (when I use it I get nothing displayed but Divine Storm). I just use Weak Auras to track the buff that the 4p applies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zuraghogar View Post
    Yes, clcret is good but you shouldn't rely on it blindly. When two spells are clashing I've found that it will often give you the lower priority spell, or tell you to cast inquisition before it's necessary. There is a string you can add to it for the T16 4p bonus but it hasn't been working for me (when I use it I get nothing displayed but Divine Storm). I just use Weak Auras to track the buff that the 4p applies.
    I have no issue with CLC Ret giving me the priority I tell it to. With regards anything that doesn't work well, just use Tell Me When. This is what I'll be doing with T16 just as I did for both set bonuses in T15.

I have no issue with CLC Ret giving me the priority I tell it to. With regards anything that doesn't work well, just use Tell Me When. This is what I'll be doing with T16 just as I did for both set bonuses in T15.
    Really? I notice it doing this all of the time. For example, if both CS and Judgment will be off cooldown by the time my GCD is up it will often suggest Judgment(lower priority) right up until the last split second. Same problem during AW w/ Sanctified Wrath: HoW should be cast every other GCD but it never wants to suggest it.

Deleted
    Is it perhaps an issue with your latency? How good is it?

Is it perhaps an issue with your latency? How good is it?
    It's possible. WoW client consistently has my latency around 80ms, Quartz at 200+.

Deleted
    Hi, would it be an upgrade if I got rid of my 4p t15 - 510 legs and 510 chest - and took instead of them wf chest from ordos(559 - crit/mastery) and t16 legs(553)? My gs is around 533.
    I'm asking because I'm unsure to break the 4p t15 bonus.
    Last edited by mmoce2e906dcdc; 2013-10-02 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    Hi, would it be an upgrade if I got rid of my 4p t15 - 510 legs and 510 chest - and took instead of them wf chest from ordos(559 - crit/mastery) and t16 legs(553)? My gs is around 533.
    I'm asking because I'm unsure to break the 4p t15 bonus.

Breaking the 4pc isn't as big of a deal as most think, however I would only do it if replacing it with t16's 2pc.

You would have to sim in your scenario, sorry I'm not much of a theorycrafter but just on paper I would say stick with 4pc.

Again though, try it out, either in raid or in a sim and tell from there.

I actually wear t16 2pc for aoe fights and switch back to t15 4pc for single target fights

Switching 4pc to 2pc + 2pc on a single target fight is a dps loss. If it's an AoE fest you could probably pull similar numbers. I played around with them quite a bit and it always worked out that the 4pc t15 > 2pc + 2pc or 2pc + offset stuff. So, just keep your 4pc t15 until you get your 4pc t16, IMO.

Deleted
    Given that I'm not getting any tier from LFR or Flex, and as we kill more heroic bosses, people will be wanting to upgrade their normal tier to heroic, I decided this week to stop waiting around and start getting tier. I now have two pieces and, although I agree that it's likely to be an issue on single target fights, I'm hoping that:

a) it isn't actually as major a drop in damage as I might otherwise think and
    b) I can sneak the final two pieces of T16 soon so any period of limbo is minimised.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rooma/advanced

Not even pulling 100k on last boss in brawlers guild
    Keeping Inquisition up when its around 1-2 sec left.
    Dunno what i can do for beating him :s
    Also using the ret pally rotation addon. Dunno what i can better. :s

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Sidonus/advanced
    Is there anything wrong with my gemming/enchants/talents etc.
    Also which is better? crit or mastery. I simmed it and it sometimes said crit is better and sometimes it didnt. I also did consider the flurry crit but hand of light is my top damaging ability ( or what ever it is ). Also should i be gemming exp/haste instead of str/haste ? since i do see almost every ret pally do it.
    Sorry for not putting the full link in i just signed up and just looking for some quick advice ! thanks in advance

You should definitely gem expertise / haste gems or expertise / mastery gems and NOT reforge into expertise. Ideally you'd like to reforge OUT of all the expertise you can. This will give you a net increase in Mastery.

The sim will say Crit, but I'm pretty sure it's just an issue with the sim. Mastery should be higher. Haste to 17000 > Mastery > Haste > Rest.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also start gemming for Mastery after 17000 Haste. I see you're above that. It's not a hardcap, so don't worry about being right on the dot or just over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys, I would like to get help with my gear (well, geming tbh), so I can improve my dps.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aruil/advanced
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

Quote Originally Posted by Drizztcz View Post
    Hello guys, I would like to get help with my gear (well, geming tbh), so I can improve my dps.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aruil/advanced
    I'll repost this for you since it's pretty much relevant to everyone's gemming.

"Reforging to Expertise nets you Mastery because of how we're already gearing. Most of your gear will already have Haste on it. Therefor you cannot reforge TO Haste. So, you will be reforging any Expertise/Haste items to Mastery. Mastery is however very good and worth losing the strength just because of the weights. I know it seems weird, but since they changed the value of secondary stats if it's more than .50 of STR it's worth the switch. Just gem the EXP/Haste or Mastery gems until you cannot reforge away anymore Expertise. Then go back to gemming STR/Haste or Mastery.

Remember in this tier you want to get around 17,000 Haste and then start getting Mastery. Even before the stat amp trinket you can start using some Exp/Mastery or Str/Mastery gems in some of your slots.

Breakdown:
    Under 17,000 Haste and below Expertise cap: Exp/Haste gems. Reforge all Expertise to Mastery.
    Under 17,000 Haste and AT the Expertise cap: Str/Haste gems.
    At 17,000 Haste and below Expertise cap: Exp/Mastery gems. Reforge all Expertise to Mastery.
    At 17,000 Haste and AT the Expertise cap: Str/Mastery gems."

The above is for Red slots. This is a big change for you because you're using Str gems currently. It will keep you from reforging INTO Expertise. You should get to the point where you're reforging OUT of Expertise as much as you can. Then and only then will you start using str/haste or str/mastery gems depending on your current Haste levels. You want to shoot for 17000 Haste and then start going for Mastery. You're quite a bit away from this mark tho, so just keep gemming Expertise/Haste gems in your red sockets.

For Blue slots you can use Hit/Haste gems for now. If you get over the Hit cap (you currently are) then you can gem Haste/Stam gems for a little more survivability.

You're fine in your yellow slots. Haste until 17000.

You're missing your socket bonus in your shoulders.

Professions: You're engineering. You don't have synapse springs on your gloves. This is very important as you can macro it in with your Execution Sentence and it'll greatly boost it. /use 10;/cast Execution Sentence. I would look to move away from JC if you're really wanting to min-max your Ret Paladin for max dps. Blacksmithing is always a pretty reliable profession for min-maxing as you get the 2 extra sockets.

Talents: Holy Avenger really isn't the greatest talent this tier. I would either use SW or DP. DP is very nice with the new 4pc bonus, until then I would stick with SW.

If you have any questions, just ask, I'll try to explain better if I can.

Hi guys, just a quick one.

I was smashing DPS previously before 5.4 I know there were obvious changes but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'm doing decent DPS but getting outdone by Hunters, Warlocks etc with lower item levels. This was a reroll for my guild so it's 80% done with cloak quest. I have 14 days played on this character so far, so its very fresh.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Dies/simple
    WoL: worldoflogs.com/reports/y6a7jn0mvhgh7cjp/

I did a lot of AoE damage in that WoL I'm having issues with single target mainly. I'm a little bit confused as to how to weigh my stats with haste etc. I just want to make sure I'm getting the maximum DPS. Also my bracers, I'm having bad luck with them, so the ones I have are my offspec ones at the moment.
    Last edited by cynnerdev; 2013-10-06 at 06:50 AM.