Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    imunreal are you moving out to deal with the swirls or are you standing there wacking the boss?
    and thoes orange +expetise gems are not worth it(in my opinion)

Red Gems:bold primordial Ruby/Fierce Onyx
    Yellow:Fierce onyx/Quick Sun
    Blue:Etched imperial/Lighting Wild jade
    Last edited by Kharli; 2013-12-03 at 11:29 PM.

So figured id post here, I play prot, i intend to play prot and be honest i dont like melee dps - with that said i always keep one sorted just in case.
    With the training of a 3rd tank for rotation had to come into normal mode as ret, and given sign up i might have to in heroic.

Would like to at least see if any small/quick changes i could make to help or if im doing anything wrong as my dps overall was alot lower then other dps even though the gear isn't far behind.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...entiy/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8bgmabhpovqy514k/

My Inq uptime sucked a lot, dont need to even check logs to know that as i relised just before AW came up i didn't have it which would be 50% uptime :/
    I know missing enchants and which double upgrade wep start of next week if i need to dps in heroic. Neck, bracers, both rings and 1 trinket is from my prot set - and thus cant be reforged/chanted ect. This is also why i have more hit than i can get rid of.

Thanks in advance, also bar ilvl i assume 4set is worth going for so gonna aim at getting chest and or whichever 4th pc is free.
    Last edited by Teddybird; 2013-12-04 at 01:44 AM.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    imunreal are you moving out to deal with the swirls or are you standing there wacking the boss?
    and thoes orange +expetise gems are not worth it(in my opinion)

Red Gems:bold primordial Ruby/Fierce Onyx
    Yellow:Fierce onyx/Quick Sun
    Blue:Etched imperial/Lighting Wild jade
    Don't follow this. It's completely incorrect. Your gemming is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperviable View Post
    Don't follow this. It's completely incorrect. Your gemming is fine.
    Thanks, I thought my gemming and reforging was correct, but what I am curious over is my rotation..am I playing it correctly? I link Malkorok just because its the best "raid fight" boss where you can use your single target rotation and stay on the boss like 90% of the time unless you get the debuff.

And again, the WoL for Malkorok is: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=3391&e=3595

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Thanks, I thought my gemming and reforging was correct, but what I am curious over is my rotation..am I playing it correctly? I link Malkorok just because its the best "raid fight" boss where you can use your single target rotation and stay on the boss like 90% of the time unless you get the debuff.

And again, the WoL for Malkorok is: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=3391&e=3595
    Inquisition uptime is good. Ability usage looks fine. You're right on the money for cool down uptime.

Only thing I notice is that you could have delayed your last GaK to line up with avenging wrath. If delaying a cooldown doesn't lose you a use, it's a dps increase to stack it with another one. Granted, it can be hard to tell how much longer the boss will be up.

Inquisition uptime is good. Ability usage looks fine. You're right on the money for cool down uptime.

Only thing I notice is that you could have delayed your last GaK to line up with avenging wrath. If delaying a cooldown doesn't lose you a use, it's a dps increase to stack it with another one. Granted, it can be hard to tell how much longer the boss will be up.
    Could go with time to die.

Addon that tells how long the boss will be alive with the current dps
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post

DeathClock also does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    DeathClock also does that.
    Thanks for that guys :-D I didn't know such an addon excisted (I aint a huge addon user). I will look into getting one of these ^_^

Well that's good news :-P and like you said, I thought the boss would have died by the time I waited for Wings to be ready again for GaK or I would have waited. But its good to hear that I am doing things correctly ^_^

Hey guys, I just came back to WoW a few weeks ago after they announced WoD. I haven't played any MoP up until probably about a month ago, and now my Ret finally got geared enough to do LFR Siege. I've been trying to work my way up to get prepared for WoD and to truly experience MoP raiding before it's gone. I just transferred servers recently and I haven't found a guild yet, as I'm looking for a raiding guild, not your typical "Hey, wanna join a friendly level 25 guild?" Therefore, I don't really have any worldoflogs, but I can give my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arcyn/advanced

I've been looking at dps calculators and examing other people's DPS and I feel like I'm slightly underperforming. I just reforged, enchanted, and gemmed again, and when I went onto the training dummy, after about 3 minutes I was doing around 70k. Is that ideal for my current gear, or not? I feel like I've got my rotation down PRETTY WELL, I definitely make some mistakes now and again, but it's a lot better than it was about 2 weeks ago. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Deleted
    I would suggest the value of the training dummy is getting used to your rotation, so to speak. The numbers it represents aren't valid. Let's say, for example, that you manage to play like a machine and pull really good numbers for your gear, but you are bad at target switching or moving from fire; in that case your raid damage will still be poor.

What you need to do is get yourself into LFR repeatedly and log your fights. Costs nothing to do logs, and then you can compare yourself to someone achieving high dps on the same fight with compare bot or something.

That being said, you will have to understand that no set bonus and no legendary cloak gimps your dps significantly. This will also snooker your chances of getting into anything like a reasonable guild while they are still progressing on SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybird View Post
    So figured id post here, I play prot, i intend to play prot and be honest i dont like melee dps - with that said i always keep one sorted just in case.
    With the training of a 3rd tank for rotation had to come into normal mode as ret, and given sign up i might have to in heroic.

Would like to at least see if any small/quick changes i could make to help or if im doing anything wrong as my dps overall was alot lower then other dps even though the gear isn't far behind.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...entiy/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8bgmabhpovqy514k/

My Inq uptime sucked a lot, dont need to even check logs to know that as i relised just before AW came up i didn't have it which would be 50% uptime :/
    I know missing enchants and which double upgrade wep start of next week if i need to dps in heroic. Neck, bracers, both rings and 1 trinket is from my prot set - and thus cant be reforged/chanted ect. This is also why i have more hit than i can get rid of.

Thanks in advance, also bar ilvl i assume 4set is worth going for so gonna aim at getting chest and or whichever 4th pc is free.
    So after last night hc thok and having to play ret i honestly dont know wtf i am doing wrong.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-joqur19lkzizewbk/
    I didn't expect to keep up with a MS dps, more so with unused stats like 9.4% hit but some times i wasn't even remotely close. Convinced am doing something fundamentally wrong but as i say no clue what.

So after last night hc thok and having to play ret i honestly dont know wtf i am doing wrong.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-joqur19lkzizewbk/
    I didn't expect to keep up with a MS dps, more so with unused stats like 9.4% hit but some times i wasn't even remotely close. Convinced am doing something fundamentally wrong but as i say no clue what.
    70% inq uptime on Thok, wasted about 9 HP worth of finishers (3 HP of that would've been on Inq) are two flaws I saw in a quick check through. Can't see your armory due to being logged out in tank gear.

Deleted
    Hey everyone.

I would link to my armory, but I can't yet due to the forums start up limits - but my IGN is Kimjongtank Tarren Mill. Currently pulling around 100k dps single target. Whilst raiding earlier in LFR I noticed another pally pulling 150k in ret, with 2 less ilevel than me, single target. Our talents were relatively similar.

Is my gear OK or should I change gems/reforging? Ignore the missed gem in the helm spot I plan on sorting that out later today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    70% inq uptime on Thok, wasted about 9 HP worth of finishers (3 HP of that would've been on Inq) are two flaws I saw in a quick check through. Can't see your armory due to being logged out in tank gear.
    Logged out in Ret - Also unsure what you ment by wasting holy power? Try to refresh inq under 5sec if possible, use Holy power Gen over TV unless at 5HP and then use TV. Id that rotation still correct or do you mean i didnt do it correctly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samboanoritzon View Post
    Hey everyone.

I would link to my armory, but I can't yet due to the forums start up limits - but my IGN is Kimjongtank Tarren Mill. Currently pulling around 100k dps single target. Whilst raiding earlier in LFR I noticed another pally pulling 150k in ret, with 2 less ilevel than me, single target. Our talents were relatively similar.

Is my gear OK or should I change gems/reforging? Ignore the missed gem in the helm spot I plan on sorting that out later today.

Thanks
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gtank/advanced

Your missing 7 enchants, 1 gem and a belt buckle - Good place to fix before fine tuning
    Also that pvp trinket has limited use, the pvp power is wasted in pve.
    Last edited by Teddybird; 2013-12-10 at 03:00 PM.

The full ret priority list is a bit more complicated than that.

From elitistjerks
    Inq > ES (> 5HP T16 Free DS) > 5HP TV > HoW (> T16 Free DS) > CS > Judge > Exo > 3-4HP TV (> SS)

You can ignore the T16 free DS part since you dont have 4set. Thok in general can be a shit fight for melee what with all the chasing and running, but at least you dont get interrupted.

Logged out in Ret - Also unsure what you ment by wasting holy power? Try to refresh inq under 5sec if possible, use Holy power Gen over TV unless at 5HP and then use TV. Id that rotation still correct or do you mean i didnt do it correctly?
    You generated 136 HP over the course of the fight.

136/3 = 45.3* HP finishers could be used.

You had 40 TVs and 3 Inq casts.

I'm not sure if a miss causes HP to be lost or not, as you did have 1 TV miss as well.

If you were trying to rebuff Inq with less than 5 seconds remaining, you wouldn't be at 70.7% uptime.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...noata/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Same As armory
    Worldoflogs Link: N/A
    Questions, concerns, expectations: 1. As of today what is our rotation supposed to be. I have elitistjerks and the guide here telling me to prioritize judge over exo but noxxic telling me exo over judge.
    2.I seem to be doing 115k dps in a 10 man which seems really low for my ilvl compared to simcraft and everyone else.
    3. Whats the gemming rule for a JC?
    Description of Playstyle: Before ive been using the INQ>TV5>HoW>CS>Judge>Exo>TV>=3 priority. If my filler was on cd for more than 1 second and i had the HP for TV i would use it. I tried 3 5 minute dummy fights where i changed things. 1st fight. Rotation and TV usage as listen above. Popped kings at start when at 12 stacks of ancient power pop AW and ES.
    2nd fight. Exo over Judge. CDS the same. TV usage the same.
    3rd fight. Exo over judge. CDs the same. TV usage only if i had 5 HP or i 2 or more secs on fillers with 3 TV. All of them yielded about 115-120k.

Thanks for any help.

I am the Raid Leader, I am not the Ret Paladin, I'm just trying to understand his low dps.

I am trying to understand why one of my ret Paladins DPS is so low, I feed him gear and give him many chances.. Help me understand why he isn't pulling competitive numbers at all.

Armory Link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...esire/advanced

Logs - http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...s/Unolydesire/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dfyti30rijlylrt4/

PS.

Should I try to find a new Paladin? We're soon on Heroic Thok.. and you know how useful Aura Mastery is...

I'm just tired of excuses for low dps.. *Oh I need heroic thok trinket to be viable* ... *Oh I need this weapon* *Oh i need that Weapon*
    Last edited by CollateralGaming; 2013-12-18 at 05:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thok's trinket is very nice but normal upgraded version isn't THAT much of a difference. Around 1-2% afaik.

Also, the links arent working

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Thok's trinket is very nice but normal upgraded version isn't THAT much of a difference. Around 1-2% afaik.

Also, the links arent working
    Updated it.