Page 45 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by screws View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this but i am looking for a guide for H Lie Shen. i cant link anything yet but my toon is scrêws on Zul'Jin . I would post logs if i could for some advice . Im just looking for anything that could help kill this b**ch.
    Kerfax did a pretty good guide on his blog. Sadly the only thing that kills this boss is pulling it a LOT. Eventually it does die. I know that's not super helpful but you have to just do a fight a whole bunch before you're going to kill it.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Kerfax did a pretty good guide on his blog.
    Here's the link to his guide! Heroic Lei Shen Healing Guide
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

Couple of things regarding Holy Prism if you choose it on Lei Shen:

Phase 1: Try to save it when Crashing Thunder comes out. You can use a timer, but it comes at really predictable moments (right before a TS, right after a pillar transition).

Phase 3: Use it right before the Thunderstruck lands, that way you will max out your group's odds (due to the smart heal) of surviving that impact + ball lightning spawn that is coming right after.

On that second transition prepare to pop CD's if your corner gets diffusion chain, even a single greater diffused add is dangerous.

However, if Diffusion Chain spreads on your platform here and you get two greater adds, do your best to keep your group up, but your corner will very likely wipe anyway (especially if you get more mechanics targeting your platform) even though you tried your hardest - the point is that Chain absolutely cannot spread.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-08-14 at 08:12 PM.

Not sure if you raid 10 or 25 man but here is a 10 man heroic guide I also found useful in addition to Kerfax's guide.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Heroic-Guide
    Also if you want a good video on it, check out the Vox Immortalis video on the fight. It's very long but detailed.

Basically not sure if this is the right place to post it as it falls under both "5.4" and "Fix my heals" but I am curious about something....from what I've been gathering/reading on the forums around here is that Eternal Flame looks to still be our go to talent choice in 5.4 but it no longer refreshes IH....Why would we stack mastery still if this is the case? We will be spending our "finishers" on Eternal Flame not Light of Dawn, correct?

Will we be stacking our IH basically through holy radiance/holyshock/and the occasional if absolutely necessary single target heals?

It's been said over and over again that haste is not good for us due to shitty regen so it makes sense mastery is still best.

Will this result in IH not being our top heal if we're using predominately EF instead of LoD?

Basically trying to wrap my head around how we handle finishers and if LoD will be seeing MORE use in 5.4 than it has previously (since it was buffed and technically is a smart heal).

Thanks for the help

While the mechanics phase is done we would probably wait until at least 1 tuning pass is out before putting a final FAQ-type thing up, but basically:

1) The direct heal of EF still both adds to and refreshes IH

2) Whether IH is your top heal or not is irrelevant completely. The only thing that is relevant is scaling: how much healing mastery will, on average, add compared to other stats. The other thing of course is whether you find absorbs or a sudden random spike heal worth more (the former is almost always better; for instance, in a similar vein about how for tanks, TDR is not nearly as good as on-demand mitigation)

3) Light of Dawn will still be the primary finisher if you pick another 45 talent. If you pick EF, it is because you will primarily use it as a finisher instead of Light of Dawn, but notice that EF's tooltip still will not read, as it does not read now: "Replaces Light of Dawn". That ability will still be available for you to use if you see fit in a given situation.

Deleted
    Hey not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but my question is, how much gear should I have before realistically changing from spirit gems to mastery? My characters Solaria on Saurfang EU, if someone could help please

Quote Originally Posted by Arkantos169 View Post
    Hey not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but my question is, how much gear should I have before realistically changing from spirit gems to mastery? My characters Solaria on Saurfang EU, if someone could help please
    When you don't run out of mana?

There's not a plateau when you can say "let's gem mastery". If you end up your fights with 60-70% mana, you must go for mastery. Judging by your gear and trinkets, i think you could get away with some more mastery. Try going step by step and replace your blue gems first with the zen wild ones and the purified ones with artful, if you feel cautious about your regen. If i were you, i'd drop to 13-14k spirit but bare in mind that you may have to make some adaptations to a less spammy playstyle.

P.S. Enchant your shield

Depend of your progression, its look like your next boss fight in hc will be very mana intensive, council, megaera, durumu. And you have almost 17k spirit, in my opinion you have more than enough for 10hc. What gem you should change? imo, drop 500-1k spirit for mastery.

Greetings everyone,

Would you guys please help with a friend of mine with paly healing? We just recently started raiding and are trying to do some heroics just to get the feel of it to the next patch.

Her armory is the following: us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Liadrim/simple
    Link to the log: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ohz7ywqh758olxr6/sum/healingDone/?enc=bosses&boss=69712

She's flying to nests but still think she's not doing well with it.

Appreciate any tips

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanoa View Post
    Greetings everyone,

Would you guys please help with a friend of mine with paly healing? We just recently started raiding and are trying to do some heroics just to get the feel of it to the next patch.

Her armory is the following: us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Liadrim/simple
    Link to the log: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ohz7ywqh758olxr6/sum/healingDone/?enc=bosses&boss=69712

She's flying to nests but still think she's not doing well with it.

Appreciate any tips
    She has no idea how to heal with a paladin.
    The best advice that I can give, that she should read the guides here, or on other sites, since she is doing fundamental errors.

- She uses Flash of Light regularly. Which is a emergency spell, and normally it shouldn't be even cast.
    - She is spamming Judgment, for... extra DPS?
    - She isn't using EF, but instead uses her HP for LoD.
    - She isn't using Divine Light on the Beacon target.
    etc...

This is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post

This is terrible.
    Most constructive.

Simply put, atm the holy pala revolves around generating holy power and then spending it, mostly on Eternal flame which is a great HoT and overhealing goes to an absorb shield based on mastery.

At its most basic it means using holy shock on cooldown and then holy radiance on clumped targets. Divine light on the beacon also generates holy power.
    Once you have 2/3 HP then cast EF on someone.

Take attempt 7 as an example. 324 second fight. Holy shock Cd is 6 seconds. It could have been cast 54 times but was cast 19. That's 35 free heals missed and then the heal from the holy power it generated too.
    Start here and the healing will increase significantly.
    Also, she shouldn't heal the tank much directly (unless hes about to croak) 50% of all healing done from holy shock etc will go through to the beacon target so they generally get a lot of heals by default.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Most constructive.
    My whole post was.

The best in such a situation is to direct them to a guide.
    Obviously I could copy&paste one here, but that wouldn't be really optimal, and would wast a lot of space.

I mean... Judgment spam... are we in Cata or something? That thing was almost a year ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    My whole post was.

The best in such a situation is to direct them to a guide.
    Obviously I could copy&paste one here, but that wouldn't be really optimal, and would wast a lot of space.

I mean... Judgment spam... are we in Cata or something? That thing was almost a year ago!
    I don't disagree. I just think its bad form to say what you said at the end. I'll leave it at that. And yeah, the judgement looks like a cata hangover.

Hello fellow paladins my question today is how do you guys handle your Legendary Gem procs? Which spells do you cast while it is up? It seems to be very good for other classes but quite eh for us. I appreciate any help

Deleted
    Hi now when the patch is comming soon and i think there will be not more much changes i would ask you .
    Is Haste better than mastery before i reach the 8500k haste cap ?

Deleted
    Hey!
    I have been playing Holy Paladin for a few weeks, i recently came back from a 4 month break also so i am not playing my "best"
    I am here to ask for help as I really want to improve my play.
    The 2 Priests i heal with on various encounters are both 545 ilvl + so they both vastly out gear me

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oodie/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=263&e=418
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pew11c32vvx6cmne/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-in9mlqvm0d6wgz9u/

Thanks again!
    Last edited by mmocfd1babd415; 2013-08-18 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fundot View Post
    Hello fellow paladins my question today is how do you guys handle your Legendary Gem procs? Which spells do you cast while it is up? It seems to be very good for other classes but quite eh for us. I appreciate any help
    You shouldn't stop your normal healing style when your legendary gem procs. During down time, sure you can throw 1 or 2 FoLs on the Beacon target but in general, but you would regularly be healing someone that needs healing and you shouldn't stop doing this just to get 1 more HP by Flash of Lighting your Beacon Target who's at 100% health.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzeia View Post
    Hi now when the patch is comming soon and i think there will be not more much changes i would ask you .
    Is Haste better than mastery before i reach the 8500k haste cap ?
    Spirit -> Mastery -> Haste looks like the current way to go. We don't really have the mana regen to build haste heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by deusDEX View Post
    Hey!
    I have been playing Holy Paladin for a few weeks, i recently came back from a 4 month break also so i am not playing my "best"
    I am here to ask for help as I really want to improve my play.
    The 2 Priests i heal with on various encounters are both 545 ilvl + so they both vastly out gear me

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oodie/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=263&e=418
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pew11c32vvx6cmne/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-in9mlqvm0d6wgz9u/

Thanks again!
    Apart from using holy shock more on cooldown, I can't really find that much wrong with your logs. You seem to be doing fine despite being vastly outgeared.

I'm sitting at 12k spirit right now and I raid normal 10m, ilvl 517. I cannot spam HR, HR, HS without going OOM pretty quickly. Been running with spirit flasks because of this. My weapon is the weak spot at ilvl 483 :/