Umm heroic protectors, Is your raid doing rook > he > sun? or rook > sun > he? be careful with your mana on this fight, its very mana intensive. Also your raid is eating all the priest mind sear and the corrupted brew..and the poison. If your raid is taking that damage your are not going to kill this boss. Is not worth using hand of protection at the beginning of the fight, start to use it after you push the rogue two times.

In addition to the above comments, I didn't see you use any healing cooldowns on your longest pull which was 5 minutes. There should be plenty of situations on Protectors where your cooldowns will help out. Also, even though you're not using EF, you should still be using HR as your primary healing spell. I'm not sure about your guild's strategy but for the most part in mine, the ranged DPS are roughly stacked enough for HR to hit quite a few people. None of the tanks or people in the raid should be tanking large hits to warrant using DL.
    Last edited by monikasun88; 2013-11-15 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks for the reply's.

We were doing Rook > Sun > He.
    and i find using HR often, makes me run out of mana pretty quickly. (maybe that's with SS and without the meta at the time)
    As for CDs on that fight, i dont know when use them really. I use Devotion Aura for the 3rd Calamity but i just dont know when to pop wings/guardian.
    I did notice that the raid took alot of damage from sha sear and poison.
    Like i said in my previous post, i do know my HP generation is terrible, that's why I'm asking for help
    Ill try and keep in mind about the BoPs.

HP generation comes down to casting holy shock on cooldown. Don't interrupt another cast for it but make damn sure you use it as much as possible.

Others have said, drop SS and drop DP. You want eternal flame and holy avenger.

Then you have 4 cooldowns to work with - Holy avenger, Divine favour, avenging wrath and GoAK. Weave them into the desperate measures phases. Just as an example Wings/DF first then HA second and GoAK for some chunky heals on the fixated person in 3rd.

Deleted
    Hi there cant yet post links cause i have to few post it seems but i have a healing related question so ill post it here rather than starting a new thread

My Pala is named Ejlort and plays on Moonglade (EU) if any1 wanna check the armory.

But not to the question.

Right now im running the 7170 haste point build but im thinking of going down one more step to 3506 but it seems to me that i wont gain so much stats when using askmrrobot to reforge. Think the stat gain vas 0.5% mastery 1% crit and like 260 int while loosing 3.7% haste. To me it looks like the change is not worth it ? So what do u think should i change or keep my 7170 haste build ? I will try to post some logs here when i can post links so you can smash my healing into pieces btw my guild are doing normals we are on garrosh 2 healing with a priest and i think garrosh will fall this week cause its is more a tactic issue than a healing issue for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykkz View Post
    and i find using HR often, makes me run out of mana pretty quickly. (maybe that's with SS and without the meta at the time)
    You don't have enough spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykkz View Post
    As for CDs on that fight, i dont know when use them really. I use Devotion Aura for the 3rd Calamity but i just dont know when to pop wings/guardian. I did notice that the raid took alot of damage from sha sear and poison.
    Devotion Aura is usually assigned by the raid. Most personal CD's are best planned through experience. That said one thing that will help, always tell yourself a rule that it's better to wipe because you didn't have CD's than it is to wipe after you never use them.

Use them "early and often" over not using them especially the 2-3 minute ones in early progression, as you go on you can figure out the "rhythm" of when they will be back up and when they are most helpful.

That said, yes you can try to copy others from WoL, but the downsides to just blindly copying are many-fold in my opinion: You are trusting another person's opinion and that his group faced the exact same issues and did the fight with the exact same strat as yours. Also, you are trusting that logs will be available, often early in a tier they are not as many guilds will private them, and even after they begin going public logging sites can be buggy with kill detection making it difficult to actually find good logs. Plus you really don't get to learn your class as much than if you actually try to work out the stuff yourself.

There is benefit definitely to be gained from looking, don't get me wrong, but you should have the mindset of being able to decide for yourself. Of course looking at others can also tell you if you could be even more optimal and will teach you how to plan better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ejlort View Post
    Right now im running the 7170 haste point build but im thinking of going down one more step to 3506 but it seems to me that i wont gain so much stats when using askmrrobot to reforge. Think the stat gain vas 0.5% mastery 1% crit and like 260 int while loosing 3.7% haste. To me it looks like the change is not worth it ? So what do u think should i change or keep my 7170 haste build ? I will try to post some logs here when i can post links so you can smash my healing into pieces btw my guild are doing normals we are on garrosh 2 healing with a priest and i think garrosh will fall this week cause its is more a tactic issue than a healing issue for us.
    Repeated from earlier:

Haste breakpoints matter a lot less than some people here like to imply, just sit at 3506 haste and call it a day. The big issue is not 7170 haste, it is the way you play, and 7170 haste makes an astonishingly small difference at the end of the day.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-11-16 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Voidspark : Oki doki then ill just try to find some interesting threads to post in so can post logs to get my healing style smashed to the ground
    Right now i got a feeling that i use LoD to much even tho i have EF as talent, saw some pages ago that i more or less should remove LoD from my bars if i have EF specced.
    I got the feeling that i more or less use LoD on ex garrosh just because i feel i need to heal alot of players asap insted of 3 HP EF on everyone when i use HA (i tend to use my HA during the teleport phases on garrosh, and my other cd's in the other phases )

Btw anyone who knows how many posts needed to be able to post links ?

You can post link, just remove the .com or use / to separate the link.

We were doing Rook > Sun > He.
    I recommend doing Rook > he > sun, you raid have good multi dot, and you dont want to delay HE for that long, the damage from garrote will drain all your healers mana. For CD on that fight i push all of them when rook split, if a melee miss an interrupt not a big deal since everyone is at full hp with a lot of shield and aura mastery, He split phase is easy, there is not damage here but you can use hand of sacrifice on the fixated target, sun split damage can varie, if rook kick all your raid you need to pop a cd, holy avenger here. Since and repeat. Hand of protection should be used after you start to burn all the boss.

Deleted
    Hi. I was wondering if the holy paladin could dps herself heres her armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sarayal/simple
    Here is her logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...yze/hd/source/
    Her name is sarayal.
    Could you give her some pointers on what she could to better herself.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bungybounce View Post
    Hi. I was wondering if the holy paladin could dps herself heres her armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sarayal/simple
    Her name is sarayal.
    thanks
    LoD a little less and EF a little more? I mean, in all honesty, she's playing fine. You're running 2 disc priests and your other holy paladin is spec'd into SH, on farm content, when you guys over gear the hell out of normals. Absorbs are eating everything, little to actually heal, it looks like. Lack of legendary meta and cloak aren't helping either, obviously, but a quick glance at her logs and there was really nothing that stood out. She's doing most of the things right.
    Last edited by Hainiryuun; 2013-11-16 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bungybounce View Post
    Her name is sarayal.
    thanks
    Seems pretty good, some small pointers would be:
    I think she has too much Spirit, specially for 25 man raiding you can easily manage with ~14-15k, probably aim for 15k till she gets the Legendary Meta
    She could probably improve her performance by going for a Mastery build over the Int stacking, specially with two Resto Druids in the raid
    Her Divine Plea usage is quite nice, but her other cooldowns are lacking a bit, if she picks up on that she should see a marked improvement in her healing.
    As Hainiryuun said though, the composition is just messing with her
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-11-16 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    I think she has too much Spirit, specially for 25 man raiding you can easily manage with ~14-15k, probably aim for 15k till she gets the Legendary Meta
    At her gear level I wouldn't dip below 17k without the meta. The meta is huge, far more than what most people give it credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    At her gear level I wouldn't dip below 17k without the meta. The meta is huge, far more than what most people give it credit for.
    I'd agree with this. Especially since her only regen trinket is LFR Horridon's.

As a side tidbit, the LMG(1.61 rppm as of 5.4) is worth 5796 mp/5 or 10269 spirit if you successfully cast 2 HRs everytime it procs(hence, all healers should really track this buff).

Even if one only manages to get off 1 HR and nothing else when the buff procs, you still get 5k+ spirit worth of mana from the metagem.

Conclusion: Please, please, please track Lucidity on your raid frames/weakauras/etc.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2013-11-16 at 10:47 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    If she can count on always getting at least one of the two priest's Hymn's though, that should be more than enough to sustain at 15k, specially when the 510 version of Horridon's is still better than every other <530 option (other than Horridon's, of course)
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-11-16 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    If she can count on always getting at least one of the two priest's Hymn's though, that should be more than enough to sustain at 15k
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=4374&e=4682

Power gains
    Name Amount
    Divine Plea 150862 mana
    Cloudburst 34375 mana
    Holy Shock 59 holy power
    Holy Power 53 holy power

What hymn?

---

Don't rely on external mana CD's unless it's farm and you're heavily pushing meters, or unless you have multiple resto shamans in your raid.

My point being she has two, the likely hood of getting at least one Hymn is quite high, even if the Priests decided to not do it on those logs, she can always call for it or just ask them before the pull.

Relying on priest that dont cast hymn to cast hymn doesnt sounds reliable.

Best not to rely on external CDs if you dont have to.

Cheers for the advice guys, we actually managed to down heroic protectors.
    My only problem during the fight was me being out of mana by Sun's 2nd Desperate Measure.
    Im just wondering if there was anything i could do to improve further.

Here are the logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/agkukkrkdryq0c1x/details/3/?s=6661&e=7223

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys! Long time paladin looking for advice for getting into flex (yeah, I know, such a big step!). I played since BC so I changed my style quite a ton. Since MoP I've been doing only raid finder since my old server died (used to pug normals every week before that and went with top raiding guilds a ton) so I have some clue to what I am doing. However, I tried SoO yesterday and my healing was terrible. I was doing 50k when the two other healers were doing 70k and 80k (15 man flex).

My question is more about Eternal Flame. Do I just keep it up throughout the raid like druids keep up rejuv? Or do I just hit whoever has SOME damage (the raid was usually topped). Not really used to it and I really kind of prefer LoD more. Just wondering if I should stay with Eternal flame or maybe go back to SS or try out SH instead?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Fiska/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!