Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Hey I have taken a break from wow and I kinda lost my healing feel for Holy Paladins, and I would love to have some detailed criticism about my gear and Wol's.

Armory,
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ewarz/advanced

Wol's,
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14060&e=14448
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3955&e=4667

Just looking at your Will kill as I have my logs from last week on this open right now. I feel like you use way too much DL. I used 10 DL throughout the fight while you used 53 (granted, our kill was almost 3 minutes shorter, but still). On the other hand, I have almost double the amount of Holy Lights. You could also improve on your Holy Shock usage a bit as you aren't using as many as you could.

Enchants and reforges look good. It is very important to get used to the other healers playstyles, so just pay attention to that and communicate your cooldown usage and you should feel more comfortable after a couple of raids.
    For talents: I tend to use HA on almost every fight, so if you haven't tried it maybe you should, I really don't like the Divine Purpose RNG. Also, I prefer Hammer for Will HC over Execution Sentence. Most of the time I can hit enough people with it and that is where it really shines. Though tank healing usually isn't much of an issue for me.
    Last edited by mmoc3a8bcb15cd; 2013-01-19 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Hey I have taken a break from wow and I kinda lost my healing feel for Holy Paladins, and I would love to have some detailed criticism about my gear and Wol's.

Armory,
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ewarz/advanced

Wol's,
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14060&e=14448
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3955&e=4667
    - You are 100% not using holy shock enough - the effective cooldown should never be above ~4.8sec if 4 piece or 6.8sec if no 4 piece. ~7.5 on will and ~11.5 on garalon.
    - Use cooldowns when ever hs, holy light, wog is not enough to handle damage out put unless you are specifically saving them for something (plan ahead before pulling).
    - Not using divine plea glyph is very questionable when playing with eternal flame. Shock -> cast plea -> shock.
    - Try using light's hammer instead of execution sentence. If people are running around aimlessly tell them to stand in it. Its 100% free healing that has the hp/s to be a lifesaver especially if boosted by cds. Additionally single target hp/s is not something holy paladins seem to lack.
    - Recheck your reforges and gems - several pieces without spirit (conquest shoulders are pretty good).
    - Consider playing around with beacon of light glyph.
    - Make up your own general guidelines when to holy light, when to radiance and when to crusader strike in your free globals between holy shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    Try to improve your holy shock usage a little bit..
    I had 79 holy power from holy shock in a seven minute fight. How much more could I use it?
    Last edited by Hrrom; 2013-01-19 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrrom View Post
    I had 79 holy power from holy shock in a seven minute fight. How much more could I use it?
    You only casted Holy Shock 57 times; and without 4pc you will get 70 casts top, so you did not cast Holy Shock 79 times.

[edit] you got 79 holy power because of Holy Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You only casted Holy Shock 57 times; and without 4pc you will get 70 casts top, so you did not cast Holy Shock 79 times.

[edit] you got 79 holy power because of Holy Avenger.
    Ah, I see now.

Deleted
    Sorry to post it again, and I know it's less easy with broken links, but I's still very much appreciate some help on my pala... :

I would be very grateful if you could help me with my paladin, Satille on wildhammer. I feel I'm generally under-performing, maybe using the wrong spells. Also, atm I'm reforged into mastery. Maybe it's time to swap to a bit more throughput? I see lower geared paladins do much more healing in lfr, so there most be something I van change. also I'm considering changing my talents, but it micht be more to do with the spells I actually choose.

here's a link to my character on askmrrobot: ww w.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/wildhammer/satille
    here's a link to (one of our very first) a raid we recently done: ww w.worldoflogs.com/reports/j1rcso5iftyt514g/details/5/
    and here's a link to the armory: e u.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/Satille/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satt View Post
    Sorry to post it again, and I know it's less easy with broken links, but I's still very much appreciate some help on my pala... :

I would be very grateful if you could help me with my paladin, Satille on wildhammer. I feel I'm generally under-performing, maybe using the wrong spells. Also, atm I'm reforged into mastery. Maybe it's time to swap to a bit more throughput? I see lower geared paladins do much more healing in lfr, so there most be something I van change. also I'm considering changing my talents, but it micht be more to do with the spells I actually choose.

here's a link to my character on askmrrobot: ww w.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/wildhammer/satille
    here's a link to (one of our very first) a raid we recently done: ww w.worldoflogs.com/reports/j1rcso5iftyt514g/details/5/
    and here's a link to the armory: e u.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/Satille/advanced
    Well, you are not under performing. 10man normal with three healers, one will want to top meter and overheal the most (your shaman) and the other two wil help during burst phase with no stress (your disc and yourself).

Go with 2healers for all bosses except Spirit kings which can be solo healed by any of you, and will of the emperor that requires 3 healers due to titant gas+high spiky damages on tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Go with 2healers for all bosses except Spirit kings which can be solo healed by any of you, and will of the emperor that requires 3 healers due to titant gas+high spiky damages on tanks.
    Will 10N is one of the easiest fights to heal, dunno what your group is doing wrong that makes it feel like you need 3.
    I also wouldn't suggest solo healing spirit kings - its very doable, but having 2 is a lot safer.
    You will need to 2 heal elegon though - dont fret if it seems difficult and messy at first, once you (and your raid) become familiar with the fight its actually quite easy to heal.

The biggest and easiest change your raid group can make right now is to fix your prot paladin. You should ALWAYS use seal of insight as prot, and glyph battle healer. That will make him(or her) do a huge amount of healing. On fights with heavy burst raid damage, they should probably also pick up light's hammer to help heal - with high vengeance it is a powerful raid cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Will 10N is one of the easiest fights to heal, dunno what your group is doing wrong that makes it feel like you need 3.
    You take your eye off the ball with the tank to heal a raid member etc and they can quite easily drop.
    Last edited by Pasture; 2013-01-20 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    My group 2-heal will, but regarding his ilvl and their frailty to 2-heal easy bosses, I couldn't just plainly stand for a 2-heal comp for Will, arguments being above.
    but yeah, have your paladin spec SoI and battle healer, and 2-heal easy bosses your HPS will improve (or DPS if you're the one off-specing)

Deleted
    Thanks for the help on the raidgrp guys, We've only recently reformed the guild and this was our second time in there. We still have some stand-ins and the grp is still changing. Nevertheless, I would still like some help as to improve my own healing, especially when I might be one of the two healers. I shall pass the prot pally the tip hovever

I have a question about EF. Is it more viable to blanket people with 1 HP or with 3 HP? I can't seem to find a direct answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istyle View Post
    I have a question about EF. Is it more viable to blanket people with 1 HP or with 3 HP? I can't seem to find a direct answer.
    Since EF scaling is completely linear with HP it doesn't matter. If more of the 3HP EF would go into overhealing go 1HP, though there aren't many encounters where this would happen.

To be honest I've never really understood the benefit of the 1 HP EF blanketing method but maybe that's attributed to my own stupidity. I guess you would have less of a chance of overhealing putting 1HP on people but when people are dying, a 1HP EF won't keep them alive. If your goal is to keep the tank/beacon target up through transfer from EF, 1 HP on everyone in the raid is really not going to be effective enough. Another purpose to 1 HP EF blanketing I guess is to get more DP procs. I've never seen any concrete statistics on DP procs from using EF with 1, 2 or 3 HP and I'm assuming they're the same. Even so, rather than gambling every other GCD on a random chance proc, I think it is a better use of your time to cast a HR or even HL on someone to build up a shield or get another charge of HP. Another important reason not to EF blanket with only 1 HP is that building up HP rather than spending it every time you gain one will allow you to react to spike damage much better. You can effectively use your 3 HP as a reasonably powerful instant heal which is much more useful in preventing death. Knowing who is going to take damage, switching around your beacon to decrease the amount of overhealing and knowing the mechanics of the fight all help a lot more than using 1 HP EF to boost healing meters without actually being effective as a healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    To be honest I've never really understood the benefit of the 1 HP EF blanketing method but maybe that's attributed to my own stupidity. I guess you would have less of a chance of overhealing putting 1HP on people but when people are dying, a 1HP EF won't keep them alive. If your goal is to keep the tank/beacon target up through transfer from EF, 1 HP on everyone in the raid is really not going to be effective enough. Another purpose to 1 HP EF blanketing I guess is to get more DP procs. I've never seen any concrete statistics on DP procs from using EF with 1, 2 or 3 HP and I'm assuming they're the same. Even so, rather than gambling every other GCD on a random chance proc, I think it is a better use of your time to cast a HR or even HL on someone to build up a shield or get another charge of HP. Another important reason not to EF blanket with only 1 HP is that building up HP rather than spending it every time you gain one will allow you to react to spike damage much better. You can effectively use your 3 HP as a reasonably powerful instant heal which is much more useful in preventing death. Knowing who is going to take damage, switching around your beacon to decrease the amount of overhealing and knowing the mechanics of the fight all help a lot more than using 1 HP EF to boost healing meters without actually being effective as a healer.
    I don't think anyone here said : go fore 1HP EF-blanketing and AFK.
    Your post it perfectly useful and highlights qualities required to be a good healer. But maybe trying to keep an open mind and take positive aspects of 1HP EF-blanketing might be a good compromise.

2HP EFs have lower chances to proc DP, and 1HP EF even lower. But in mana-conservation phase when there is little to no AOE damage, keep a few 1-2HP EFs on the raid allows you to build IH-shields for incoming damage later on and inflates your beacon throughput if appropriately switched as you mentioned.

What I try to do on most fights is to put full IH-shields on tanks and to store 5HP before the pull. Then I cast my first 3HP on the first spiky swing the tank takes and spread my EFs throughout the raid depending on numbers of HP, saving my DP procs (or 3HP EFs) for badly injured members OR speccing into HA for precisely-timed AOE phases.

I mean, you seem to understand that managing and choosing the appropriate spell is important, so try to understand players that use the whole toolkit of EF, being a 1, 2 or 3 HP EF is a matter of choice too. When the raid is spread out (amber shaper, garalon, stone guards) radiance is more a HP generator than an efficient heal, and can be avoided if needed mana-wise byt he use of 1-2HP EFs.
    Having a macro
    Code:
    /cast Beacon of light
    /cast Divine light
    is a better way to build HP if HS is on cooldown (with the beacon glyph of course), etc.

I use the 4p PVE and a 4s HS makes it possible to have a HS>filler>HS "rotation". the filler can be either a HP generator (HR, DL on beacon) or a utility spell (hands, DPregen) or a EF (and it can be either a 1, 2 or 3 EF without altering the "rotation").

It's never a good idea to mindlessly go for a 1HP blanketing overall and never think about what's best for your raid survability, and we agree on this.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy Pally Help

Hello all you Holy Pallys...

I've been doing some research and it looks like I have my rotation right for healing but my heals suck. I raid with a Disc Priest and he pulls about 56-80k heals while I'm at about 35-45. If I try to heal more I'm oom before i know it and that sucks for the raid. My toon is Therni on Bleeding Hollow, guild Mindblown and I have world of logs as well. If anyone feels like helping me figure out what im doing wrong and how to get my heals up i would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ther View Post
    I've been doing some research and it looks like I have my rotation right for healing but my heals suck. I raid with a Disc Priest and he pulls about 56-80k heals while I'm at about 35-45. If I try to heal more I'm oom before i know it and that sucks for the raid. My toon is Therni on Bleeding Hollow, guild Mindblown and I have world of logs as well. If anyone feels like helping me figure out what im doing wrong and how to get my heals up i would really appreciate it.
    It depends, you might not be able to do more HPS because you have a disc priest. Let me explain:

Disc priests put up extremely powerful (overpowered, that is) absorbs. These are counted before your mastery absorbs. So let's say we have a large AoE, but the disc pre-emptively casts Spirit Shell and then spams POH, he then shields (and hence heals) the raid with SS and DA for almost all of the damage, meanwhile there is nothing for you to heal, so for that AoE he is healing for almost the entire AoE (80k+, say), while you are doing 0k HPS for that AoE.

Deleted
    I think i'm doing okay but i suppose there's always room for improvement. My playstyle is based around Eternal Flame but i'm not playing with 4p pvp. I feel like it's doing the job for our group atleast so I dont wanna change playstyle unless you're absolutely sure it would increase my healing. I'm also raidleading so it might be affecting my hps a little bit but i doubt it. Appreciate all help i can get! Thanks!

My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ebesi/advanced

World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0z8r2gruze0z5yhv/ http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8qkpv1b6o16dt633/

Quote Originally Posted by kladd View Post
    I think i'm doing okay but i suppose there's always room for improvement. My playstyle is based around Eternal Flame but i'm not playing with 4p pvp. I feel like it's doing the job for our group atleast so I dont wanna change playstyle unless you're absolutely sure it would increase my healing. I'm also raidleading so it might be affecting my hps a little bit but i doubt it. Appreciate all help i can get! Thanks!

My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ebesi/advanced

World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0z8r2gruze0z5yhv/ http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8qkpv1b6o16dt633/

Logs and armory both look ok to me. You could probably get a few more holy shocks out to improve your HP generation. Outside of that, cd useage is good, you're making good use of your trinkets. I would suggest trying to get used to throwing divine plea more often. With your gear, mana's likely not an issue on the fights in these logs, but in later HoF and ToES, there are a lot of mana-intensive fights.

As a side note, most of the fights in MSV are easily 2-healed, so I would recommend trying that. Several fights in HoF and ToES require or at least encourage 2-healing, so you may want the practice on easier encounters.
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2013-01-29 at 06:15 PM.

My guild and I are doing fine at the moment, but once we step up to tougher bosses, I think I'll need to straighten up my healing. I've not really managed to go by a good rotation, I just use whatever spell I find most fitting for every situation. I think this is what eats most of my mana. I always heal with a Disc Priest and a Monk, but our tanks vary.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Solario/simple

World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tyq8y0rdgnqx7k6n/
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!