Page 10 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First thing is gear: Your mastery seems low - it should have 100% uptime nearly. Mastery > Haste (I'm looking at you, Glove Enchant).

You should not BOP anyone on Feng, ever.

On Elegon I would try to stack the Plea with Hymn of Hope and use a focus pot instead of a mana pot.

I haven't managed to look much more, but this is what jumped out at me.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    First thing is gear: Your mastery seems low - it should have 100% uptime nearly. Mastery > Haste (I'm looking at you, Glove Enchant).

You should not BOP anyone on Feng, ever.

On Elegon I would try to stack the Plea with Hymn of Hope and use a focus pot instead of a mana pot.

I haven't managed to look much more, but this is what jumped out at me.
    Thanks
    How come I shouldn't BoP though?
    Isn't it a good emergency solution? As far as I know, casters aren't hurt from it
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    Thanks
    How come I shouldn't BoP though?
    Isn't it a good emergency solution? As far as I know, casters aren't hurt from it
    No physical damage from anything. Besides his melee. Not even Earthquake no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    No physical damage from anything. Besides his melee. Not even Earthquake no.
    Didn't realize it was just physical damage. Makes sense now.
    Was this changed for MoP?
    What fights are there then where BoP is useful? I use it on Subetai
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

10+ Year Old Account
    BoP has only ever protected against physical damage. It also has the added caveat of preventing the BoP target from performing physical damage moves. You really only want to use it on caster DPS and healers, and only when they're going to take physical damage.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Personally I use it on Subotai, tanks on garajal (voodoo doll is a fixate so no loss of aggro), Wind lord heroic(it removes the dot, so the dot thats active during the unseen strike is the one we dispell), Empress, and I think it's possible to stop the Korkrik strike on Wind lord with it aswell.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    Personally I use it on Subotai, tanks on garajal (voodoo doll is a fixate so no loss of aggro), Wind lord heroic(it removes the dot, so the dot thats active during the unseen strike is the one we dispell), Empress, and I think it's possible to stop the Korkrik strike on Wind lord with it aswell.
    Those are all good, but you meant Blade Lord, not Wind Lord (yes, Blade Lord casts all the wind, Wind Lord throws all the blades, I think Blizz did that on purpose).

On Garalon it protects people from crush damage and stun. On Zor'lok BoP is invaluable.

Holy noob in desperate need of help!

So my raid team is in need of a healer tomorrow and I'm the only one capable of doing so in such short notice. I normally tank for my group but we have another able bodied tank who can fill my role for me to heal, the only problem is, I've never healed anything in my entire time playing.

Here's my armory (or it would be if I could post it and if you feel so inclined to look at it): Wynisam - US - Borean Tundra

I already know that I need a shoulder and helm and need to gem and enchant all the gear. I figured I would gem straight spirit to help with my regen, reforge gear without spirit to spirit and then use any lesser to spirit as well, like crit and haste. For the shoulders and helm I can currently buy the conquest PvP pieces but I'm still trying to run heroics to get the 463 PvE pieces from Scholo and Scarlet Monastery. I should be able to grind out enough valor to get the shieldwall healing ring and from there run all the lfrs available to me at that point.

If anyone could possibly tell me what to expect from healing a fresh MSV run (10m Normal) it would be greatly appreciated. Recommendations on general rotations, talents and glyphs would be awesome. I feel like there's going to be extra stress on me tomorrow aside from healing because I'm also the normal shot caller for most of the raid mechanics and I don't want to be the weak link in my 10 man. I'm just here hoping someone can let me in on some of the trade secrets that icy-veins, noxxic, and other guides don't outline.

Hey, here goes: First of all, make sure you have a good UI - specifically raid frames. It really, really helps a lot, and despite what people say I do think having properly set up raid frames (I wouldn't recommend it but you can use Blizzard - just make sure even they are moved around and set up to your liking) is really helpful.

Personally I go socket bonuses + spirit. Remember that you want 320 spirit over 160 int. The conquest PvP pieces are significantly better than the PvE pieces, especially if you can get 4-piece, then the conquest pieces are better than LFR and only worse than 496+ PvE 4-piece.

Stone Guard: Pick up Purity for the tanks (you'll know about the bleed). Use Freedom if you want on people who are stuck or whatever. Don't run too far away for Chains (you're a ranged now). Typically I Beacon a tank, and heal the other tanks.

Feng: Same thing as any ranged (don't stay in with resonance), heal, use cooldowns when tanks (you should know this as well :P) don't have nullification barrier up.

Gara'jal: Don't sacrifice the tank if you have voodoo doll, otherwise do so. Ask your tanks, or if you know when is a good time from being a tank, about when is a good time to BOP them. Beacon a voodoo and just keep the tank + voodoos up. When you go down you can LOH someone for extra damage on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Byni's Armory

Cont. from Voidspark for the last 3 bosses.

Spirit kings: Go with Clemency and BoP casters / other healers who get hit by the stun on Subetai. Other than that, just follow the normal tactic for ranged (Stack on the first boss, spread out for the rest except for madening shout)

Elegon: Eternal Flame and Speed of Light is nice imo, Light's Hammer is also good. EF for P2 / 3, Speed of Light to get into position for P2 / again for P1. Light's Hammer is amazing if most of the raid is stacked up.

Will of the Emperor: Personally I haven't healed on normal / heroic yet, so I'll refrain from commenting, but try doing it in LFR to atleast get an idea for when you can Divine Plea / pot safely.

For Will I would generally say use sac during the gas phases, plea with glyph I tend to use right after the gas phase, since relatively little damage is comming in(if your tanks can dance). Beacon 1 tank, keep EF up on both tanks, spread some 1 hopo EF's and use lights hammer in the gas phases with purpose/wings, and you should be fine. Definely not the hardest fight in MSV.

Voidspark, you're right, it's blade lord. I think the confusion is from the names, us progressing on wind lord heroic and the fact that I straight up hate tornadoes, they always seem to catch me.

For the resources you have Byni, your gear actually looks pretty good.

1) Get the 458 honor pieces for your Chest and Gloves, you'll get more mileage from the 4pc than you will from losing the 5 item levels.
    2) Try to get a Price of Progress for your trinket.
    3) Glyph of Divinity is nice with mana problems.

4) Remember to get a belt buckle, spellthread, and bracer/weapon enchants, since you're in blues, the poor man's enchants (170 mastery and Windsong) should do fine.

Thanks for the help everyone. We ended up cancelling our raid so I had more time to get some gear. Not sure if I wanna go for mastery or haste priority. And I have all the enchants I need just being lazy and havent gotten around to it but regardless it feels like my heals are really weak, any reason for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Byni View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone. We ended up cancelling our raid so I had more time to get some gear. Not sure if I wanna go for mastery or haste priority. And I have all the enchants I need just being lazy and havent gotten around to it but regardless it feels like my heals are really weak, any reason for that?
    Go with mastery. On some fights mastery will be almost 50% of your healing, so keep in mind whatever healing you see, twice that healing will be applied later in absorb form.

I've just starting playing again and I'm doing 10m with a disc priest and a shammy. Should I go for mastery or haste? I feel my mastery is meh since there is a disc priest.

Deleted
    Hello once again.

I would like to hear some insights of how You do Garalon?

It's not about Pheromone kiting, Furious Swipe handling.

It's about those things:

1) how do You get back from massive crush damage? because raid is semi spread and Aoe healing isn't effective, but by using single heals i can't get back all of the health before next pheromone switch.
    We're switching on 20 stacks and rotation consists of 4 kiters.
    Our raid composition mainly are Disc Priest, me Holy Pala and Resto Druid. Other times it is shammy instead of me. And when it is shammy they get better results. It could be that the last few times, when i was healing there was some new people also, but mainly i would get the idea, how to maximize my usefulness in this fight.

Also maybe You could suggest some talents + spell + CD usage.

we have the very same healer combination. Personally for normal garalon I go with lights hammer, Holy Avenger and Eternal flame. I beacon our ret who is facing the swipes(we use 1 tank 1 plate dps for 'tanking' on normal). Our ranged are spread out as much as possible, I spread 1 hopo EF over the raid(prio on melee dps), and if we're in dire need I use avenger and spread EF over the raid or spam LoD. Our druid takes the tanks and the kiter, while the disc and I heal the raid. If your disc can time SS properly you only take around 100k damage per person from crush instead of 200/250k, while using aura mastery 6 seconds before you switch will make the high pheromone stacks much easier to heal.

For Garalon, I spam as many holy power generators as I am able to do, in order to facilitate more EF spam. EF is king on that fight (as on every other fight). Personally, I've always used holy radiance to generate HP. Its mana cost isn't that big, and it procs daybreak. Do not use LoD; EF is much stronger than it on most fights, and especially so on Garalon since you shouldn't get any overheals on the hot, and very little on the protector glyph.

I'm not 100% sure if I should be beaconing the tanks, or beacon the kiter and keep it alive with beacon heals alone. If we still had trouble with the fight, I'd recommend healing the kiter with beacon alone, because it's just simpler than having a healer follow them around, and it wouldn't give those annoying moments where the beacon healing is wasted thanks to the tank getting healed to ~100% fast in order to be safe from cleaves.

TL:DR; spam EF.

As you should always do.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by janux View Post
    Hello once again.

I would like to hear some insights of how You do Garalon?

It's not about Pheromone kiting, Furious Swipe handling.

It's about those things:

1) how do You get back from massive crush damage? because raid is semi spread and Aoe healing isn't effective, but by using single heals i can't get back all of the health before next pheromone switch.
    We're switching on 20 stacks and rotation consists of 4 kiters.
    Our raid composition mainly are Disc Priest, me Holy Pala and Resto Druid. Other times it is shammy instead of me. And when it is shammy they get better results. It could be that the last few times, when i was healing there was some new people also, but mainly i would get the idea, how to maximize my usefulness in this fight.

Also maybe You could suggest some talents + spell + CD usage.
    I'll get my out of the box suggestion out there first. My guild's first kills involved me soaking swipes as holy (in place of our warrior who went dps) because we actually have a pretty substantial amount of armor. Couple that with Unbreakable Spirit talent and glyph divine protection to give a physical damage cd, you can have it up for every 3rd or 4th swipe and you should be getting pretty decent healing from protector of the innocent glyph as well. Obviously, still run divine purpose and EF on this fight, with the pvp 4-set if you have it because that is still extremely strong here. I prefer to beacon the pheremone kiter since they're often out of range of normal healing, so it makes the other healers' jobs easier.

Since then we've gone to 2-healing (me and a resto shammy) but have 2 tanks soaking swipes so there's very little damage taken from those now.

In either case, it sounds like your strategy is fine. Swap pheremones at 20 and rotate 4 kiters. If you aren't already, make sure everyone's using some personal cd's for as many crushes as possible. If you're having healing issues on this fight, that will help a lot. Also use what raid cd's you can for them. Spirit shell works amazingly well, tranquility will help you pick everyone back up.

Things you can do:

- beacon swap to the pheremone kiter every time they handoff. They take the most consistent damage by far so it will give you much better throughput than on the swipe soakers. It also reduces the issues of getting heals to the kiters who are frequently out of range of traditional healing.
    - run EF/divine purpose and basically spam HP generators, only use EF at 3HP to maximize your chance for getting divine purpose procs. If you have the tier 14 2-set, HR works well because of the reduced mana cost. Otherwise, weaving crusader strike works since it is fairly cheap and on a short cd.
    - I actually prefer holy prism on this fight. Everyone's typically running after legs anyway, so LH is not going to get a whole lot of ticks or hit many targets most of the time. Prism on the legs nearly always hits all 5 targets and is a pretty solid heal, low cost and reasonably short cd. (mostly a personal preference thing, but worth trying)
    - Devotion aura doesn't work on crushes, but it does reduce pheremone damage. Pop it a few seconds before the swap to give you some extra buffer going into the crush.

Looking for help on Heroic: Will of the Emperor, Currently i had to sit out for my guild's heroic will kill due to the fact i was having low hps,and if i had high hps, tanks got low health,even low enough to kill them. I never got a real chance to stop and relax and regen mana, healing on fumes after first "No add" phase at 491.

I can't help but think that it has to be my spec build for low hps and mana problems. However,unfortunately,i cannot post any links to my armory at the moment due to my low number of posts. I am Thegreatness of U.S.-Durotan Currently, im sitting at 491 IL.