Page 21 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't expect a response so quickly. Thanks for helping out.

I know the paladin in question is still trying for the 4pc. Rolls have just never gone her way. However the talent and reforging advice is something I will pass on this very evening.

I've been a healadin since 5.1, I guess, when our healer had to leave our raid group and I became an off-healer. But now as most fights require 3 healers, I've been dedicating a bit more attention to this.
    I am not sure about my hps, I use Holy Shock whenever is off cooldown, this really isn't a problem for me, but I've been told I use way too much Divine Light. I am afraid if I use it any less I may have a great healing loss though.
    Unfortunately I don't have logs, I only have this: img580.imageshack. us /img580/6859/analisee.png
    Here is my armory (sometimes I log out as DPS): us.battle. net /wow/en/character/nemesis/Liliann/advanced
    Btw, great guides and advice. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I've also read about some pallies who've cut out Light of Dawn completely of their "rotation" and they say their HPS increased dramatically. How true/effective is that?
    Last edited by Dark Tsuki; 2013-04-15 at 09:30 PM.

Only piece of advice I can give without logs is that you should be using eternal flame more. Not sure which fight this was, but for most fights eternal flame is a better choice than light of dawn in 10 man. You don't need to worry too much about the overhealing on it, if you just place it on someone perhaps most of it will be overhealed but the whole time you will be passing the HoT on to your beacon and stacking the absorb shield on every player with it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Tsuki View Post
    I've been a healadin since 5.1, I guess, when our healer had to leave our raid group and I became an off-healer. But now as most fights require 3 healers, I've been dedicating a bit more attention to this.
    I am not sure about my hps, I use Holy Shock whenever is off cooldown, this really isn't a problem for me, but I've been told I use way too much Divine Light. I am afraid if I use it any less I may have a great healing loss though.
    Unfortunately I don't have logs, I only have this: img580.imageshack. us /img580/6859/analisee.png
    Here is my armory (sometimes I log out as DPS): us.battle. net /wow/en/character/nemesis/Liliann/advanced
    Btw, great guides and advice. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I've also read about some pallies who've cut out Light of Dawn completely of their "rotation" and they say their HPS increased dramatically. How true/effective is that?
    Holy Shock you look alright on, just check how close you are to 100% usage every few fights ( fight length in seconds divided by 6 (4 with tier bonus) compared to true amount cast) and as far as Divine Light goes, both of our 2 set bonuses make it worse than Holy Radiance (assuming you use DL or HR then HS, then HR + Daybreak >> DL + standard HS)
    For Light of Dawn, its more about your group comp, if you can get away with using Eternal Flame 100% without making someone else overburn their mana to cover you then do that, it'll help more in the long run, otherwise just use Light of Dawn when you need heavy AoE healing, although this is very fight dependant.

monikasun88: so it would be ideal to prioritize use SF on other players not the beacon itself for healing optimization?

Xs: Thanks for the feedback, I will try to get these infos more accurately. But although HR + Daybreak is more efficient for aoe heals, I do wonder if it is still good for single targeting. For instance, my raid group is right now trying to down Tortos, and I'm not sure that aoe is what I am looking for. Maybe I've been trying to heal single-target on not so appropriate situations...

Xs: Thanks for the feedback, I will try to get these infos more accurately. But although HR + Daybreak is more efficient for aoe heals, I do wonder if it is still good for single targeting. For instance, my raid group is right now trying to down Tortos, and I'm not sure that aoe is what I am looking for. Maybe I've been trying to heal single-target on not so appropriate situations...
    Assuming you have the 4 piece the ideal rotation is just HS > HR > HS > HR and you should then have a few seconds spare to cast instants (I tend to use a lot of low point blanketing on Totos, as the bubbles seem to just be flat out better than LoD)
    And HR + Daybreak is just better than DL in every way, every bonus target that HR hits is exactly that, a bonus

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cared enough to post.

Actually I have the 2 piece t15 bonus. Any suggestions on a good rotation without the 4 piece t14 bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    You linked the same one twice, assuming you didn't mean to?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    You linked the same one twice, assuming you didn't mean to?

arrrghh!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86885

http://www.wowhead.com/item=79330 upgraded 2x

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95763

there we go.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    The 2 first. From what I've used of the (normal version) of http://www.wowhead.com/item=95763 it just doesn't seem worth using and I've gone back to my normal Spirits

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 03:31 PM ----------

Actually I have the 2 piece t15 bonus. Any suggestions on a good rotation without the 4 piece t14 bonus?
    Continue using T14 untill 5.3, then switch.

monikasun88: so it would be ideal to prioritize use SF on other players not the beacon itself for healing optimization?
    In terms of maximizing healing out put yes, but in the real situation it's probably better to use it on the tanks as a back-up instant heal at least once.

Also, mandating healing rotations are tricky and unnecessary. What you should keep in mind is that if you don't have the 4 set it's still better to use your holy shock on cooldown giving you 6 seconds in between to stack more holy power. Use HR over DL in most situations unless you're primarily tank healing or something and they need big heals.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    In terms of maximizing healing out put yes, but in the real situation it's probably better to use it on the tanks as a back-up instant heal at least once.

Also, mandating healing rotations are tricky and unnecessary. What you should keep in mind is that if you don't have the 4 set it's still better to use your holy shock on cooldown giving you 6 seconds in between to stack more holy power. Use HR over DL in most situations unless you're primarily tank healing or something and they need big heals.
    Will try, thanks a lot !

10+ Year Old Account

[Holy] Jinrokh 10HC: Advice wanted!

Hey fellow paladins!,

Our guild is currently struggling with Jinrokh HC and our holy paladin not being able to put out enough healing during the Stormphase in general. We would much appreciate if some of you may give us some pieces of advice of how to handle the stormphase as a holy paladin, which spells/glyphs are key and generally how you survive the phase.

Here are some logs from yesterday's raid, Rétbull is our holypaladin and we are threehealing it, discpriest (belà), shaman (amodi) and rétbull (holypaladin)
    Try 11 was a near-kill, with some other Trys going into the 4th Puddlephase:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mer9eo90g43e5non/
    Try 11: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4087&e=4439

Here's the armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...tbull/advanced

He didn't have a lot of experience in heroics and didn't raid much during ToT, so anything is much appreciated!
    And yes, some players are failing A LOT. We're working on that.

Thanks in advance
    -rhaps
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

One thing I may ask, Why is he using Execution Sentence? As far as I'm aware its not terribly useful for holy. I tend to use Holy prism on this fight as it has a wider range of use over Light's Hammer.

Also if he takes Unbreakable spirit assuming he is making good use of his CD's holy power wise he should be able to bubble the majority of storms 1 and 3 allowing him to stand still and spot heal until bubble is over (with either GoAK or Divine Favor you can do quite a bit of spot healing with). Since paladins don't have amazing healing on the move past holy shock and holy prism as instants.

We do this fight with 2 healers, me and a Disc priest. The way I work it is, Bubble first storm with divine favor and avenging wrath. Second storm before the storm comes up get as many 3 HP Eternal Flames on as many people as possible through Holy Avenger. Repeat the rotation for subsequent storm phases. This works for me and our disc priest.

Obviously everyone's ability to avoid the lightning balls plays a huge part since if people are taking huge damage from them then its going to impede you quite a bit.

I notice he is only getting a two piece T15 tier bonus (which is not ideal atm.) If he has 4 piece T14 in Normal or Heroic, he will pretty much want to use that for all encounters until he can get enough T15 pieces to create a 4 set bonus. I would even go as far as to say that he will want to go back and do older content each week and try to get the 4 piece T14 since it is so god damn useful for some of the heroic encounters that you will be progressing on next.

He is wearing only two piece T15. It is less than ideal for every fight in ToT in comparison to a 4 piece Normal/Heroic T14. You will probably want to have him try to farm normal/heroic T14 as well each week.

Please check out this thread on Holy Paladin Tier Bonuses: mmo-champion.com/threads/1287986-Holy-Paladin-T-15-bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    One thing I may ask, Why is he using Execution Sentence? As far as I'm aware its not terribly useful for holy. I tend to use Holy prism on this fight as it has a wider range of use over Light's Hammer.

Also if he takes Unbreakable spirit assuming he is making good use of his CD's holy power wise he should be able to bubble the majority of storms 1 and 3 allowing him to stand still and spot heal until bubble is over (with either GoAK or Divine Favor you can do quite a bit of spot healing with). Since paladins don't have amazing healing on the move past holy shock and holy prism as instants.

We do this fight with 2 healers, me and a Disc priest. The way I work it is, Bubble first storm with divine favor and avenging wrath. Second storm before the storm comes up get as many 3 HP Eternal Flames on as many people as possible through Holy Avenger. Repeat the rotation for subsequent storm phases. This works for me and our disc priest.

Obviously everyone's ability to avoid the lightning balls plays a huge part since if people are taking huge damage from them then its going to impede you quite a bit.
    Unbreakable Spirit, Holy Avenger, Holy Prism = win

If he has the T14 4 pc, its probably a good idea to put it back on for that fight. T15 is pretty crappy and it hinders high movement fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    Unbreakable Spirit, Holy Avenger, Holy Prism = win
    I'd recommend Clemency over US, the utility it brings can be invaluable and once you've played with it you'll never go back

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 10:34 AM ----------

Taking a very brief look at this I see that his Holy Shock usage is pretty low and he could probably (considering you're using 3 healers w/ a RSham) stand to take a more EF focused approach, which may have a drastic effect on his healing done and help to smooth out the burst phases.
    As has been said, he uses the T14 he'd be dramatically better in that for the time being, otherwise he'll probably need to regem a bit and pick up maximum regen till he has his Leg. Meta and start using a lot more HR/ToR for HP gen.

Also as far as regen goes, he's still quite a way behind what most Pallies agree is the base for ToT, admittedly he does have the OP trinket to help him out but he should still be aiming for Spirit a little while longer before he starts switching
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-04-21 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    I don't see any use to clemency for Jin'rokh. Tank damage is laughable so 2sacrifices doesn't matter, 2salavations not useful either since no adds or aggro pb, 2prot neither since no dispellable debuff with it, and 2freedom useless since no snares.

Really, clemency is great on lots of fights, but for Jin'rokh, those 2 divine shields to heal up the raid during storms and those DP for self-dispell+storms, US is king on Jin'rokh.