Page 23 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy Pally w/ Disc Priest Raid Healing Help

I need some help to find out what i might be doing wrong except for the fact i raid heal with a disc priest.

I cant post links but you can find my links on wow hero's or from my website

mindblown.us
    Therni - Bleeding Hollow

Thanks for looking me over
    Therni

Armory Link: us. battle. net / wow /en /character /nerzhu l/Moobrew /simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I try to remember to switch between Holy Prism and Light's Hammer. But sometimes I forget, like Mageara this week, gah.
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs. com /reports /dw0gbi4xa2i9oa0x/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: We have another Holy Paladin who's got a lot more experience than I do. He also is still using T14 4piece. I can't touch his numbers(yes, I know numbers arent everything). But I feel like Im doing something fundamentally wrong. I want(expect!) to be doing better, but perhaps I am doing ok for my first tier of raid experience healing on a paladin.
    Description of Playstyle: I usually keep 1 tank beaconed the whole fight. I'm not entirely comfortable swapping midfight yet. I usually only toss an Eternal Flame on each tank and sometimes myself pre-pull. Then I use Holy Shock to build Holy Power, then my main heal is Holy Radiance. I do try to EF many people when the raid damage isnt too high, but mainly just make sure the tanks and myself have EF as much as possible. HR is basically my filler/spam heal. I try to keep Holy Shock on CD but this is one thing I am still working on. I am not good at using Holy Prism as I get a bit tunnely when health bars start going the wrong way. I also need to work on my Light's Hammer usage, as most fights dont have a clear stack time to use it. Am I totally crazy for healing this way? Is there a better way? I really feel like I am not doing as well as I should, for my gear.

Fixed both the links in quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ther View Post
    I need some help to find out what i might be doing wrong except for the fact i raid heal with a disc priest.

I cant post links but you can find my links on wow hero's or from my website

mindblown.us
    Therni - Bleeding Hollow
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...herni/advanced

Thanks for looking me over
    Therni
    Can't tell from no logs, if you post a link with a space or two in it we can look at it

Quote Originally Posted by abecedary View Post
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...obrew/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I try to remember to switch between Holy Prism and Light's Hammer. But sometimes I forget, like Mageara this week, gah.
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/dw0gbi4xa2i9oa0x/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: We have another Holy Paladin who's got a lot more experience than I do. He also is still using T14 4piece. I can't touch his numbers(yes, I know numbers arent everything). But I feel like Im doing something fundamentally wrong. I want(expect!) to be doing better, but perhaps I am doing ok for my first tier of raid experience healing on a paladin.
    Description of Playstyle: I usually keep 1 tank beaconed the whole fight. I'm not entirely comfortable swapping midfight yet. I usually only toss an Eternal Flame on each tank and sometimes myself pre-pull. Then I use Holy Shock to build Holy Power, then my main heal is Holy Radiance. I do try to EF many people when the raid damage isnt too high, but mainly just make sure the tanks and myself have EF as much as possible. HR is basically my filler/spam heal. I try to keep Holy Shock on CD but this is one thing I am still working on. I am not good at using Holy Prism as I get a bit tunnely when health bars start going the wrong way. I also need to work on my Light's Hammer usage, as most fights dont have a clear stack time to use it. Am I totally crazy for healing this way? Is there a better way? I really feel like I am not doing as well as I should, for my gear.
    Your Holy Shock usage definitely needs some work, I personally recommend using WeakAuras and something like I have:
    Code:
    dGZefaGEjv1UuP0RLk1mfqZMIBskkFta2PQAVWUrA)KQ(Pkfdtq(nIBlrdvcgmP0WLYbfOoLurhtcDojfzHQKLkPklgv0Yj5HKcpvzzsvEUOjkPutLstwsMovxuGCvjv6YexxfBusbFwv2SGA7QuDyHEMujttQQVJkmssroPKsgTKkgVKcDjsr1TKuuNgLZtQ8xuPrjv4XOQrryXIWchlXkEB)Bd42AcReRcRcwmD3eoCko(1CVqHWuYJrOwDnb7PiNgwkMWfimQJDDJ1EJMfyq1GftQXwKwjvGtm6P0QyVNOs8lIXQW00WmKyfSykIrGfR8yCgSWHdhogpS4xewSd1vS3tuWILnXy(Xsb)EH6hqxWXIuwz0zekSyHzuwwhyXAkjfh7PiCahoMRyVNOGfZ11eS0J(jXoPWLrVlQuWfMCxOoMgeIPIWbvV2ckYtjzQxBhRjgtNyNu4MnXy(XsbxyhQCxOow84eStkCpuMJlSSjgZpwk43lu)a6cowtrEkjZckHNLmcf)qyHjuhlqgNIk6mcvV2fPPETDu3oXmKyfSyNu4YBIzIlmfXiWIvEmodw4WXoPWnBcpUWoPWLNuYz0Xfw2eEyXsg9ze8lchJ3eZewSKrFgbRqWbgCTR1hoCSWeQpw9f871hRILntu38iF3jMETyk5XiuRUMGX4jumEcXur4GIlmwfMMMETbJrpLwf79evIFrS0J8DNfimQJPrqFBq1do(9Gf7qDf79efSyztmMFSuWVxO(b0fCmxXEprblMRRjyPh9tIDsHlJExuPaoXK7c1X0GqmveoO61wqrEkjt9A7ynXy6e7Kc3SjgZpwk4clBIX8JLc(9c1pGUWoPW9qzoUWou5UqDS4XjWXQKm6hv0fCH1uKNsYSGs4zjJqXpewyc1XcKXPOIoJq1RDrAQxBh1Ttmdjwbl2jfU8MyM4ctrmcSyLhJZGfoCStkCZMWJlStkC5jLCgDCHLnHhwSKrFgb)IWX4nXmHflz0NrWkeCGbx7A9HdhlmH6JvFb)E9XQyzZe1npY3DIP5nmL8yeQvxtWy8ekgpHyQiCqXfgRctttV2BOAGrpLwf79evIFrSiLvgDgHclw6rLdlMRRjynLKIJ1usko2tr4aowzKrHfJNyikRUMG1oMu0GyikStkC5jgIcxWXcZOSSoWI56AcwtjP4ynLKIJ9ueoGdhl9iF3zbcJ6yAe03gu9Gdh7o(f7hkeCaa
    This should help you get as close to perfect usage as you can get by shoving it right in your face (it sits just below the default DBM timer location)

As far as difference between you and the other Paladin, hes getting a lot more usage out of Light of Dawn which suggests to me hes playing a more reactionary style (aka, hes reacting to what the raid needs) which ultimately will actually diminish his numbers if you just sit there EF spamming at 1-2 HP, its up to you if you like the EF style and if it works for your raid thats fine (I personally run with me doing the reactionary style and our 2nd best healer doing EF spam, and we come within 0.2% of each other almost every boss, so it really is personal preference)

I'm only going to say analysis for Mega now (because I'm too lazy to do this for more fights) but with regards to the differences, he was low enough mana to get Hymn of Hope which suggests to me that hes burning his mana a lot harder than you are, so its no surprise hes so far ahead of you, neither of you have brilliant gear so theres not a huge disparity between you short of the T14 difference, I'd say you should be able to get 80-90% of his healing, but if you ever beat him in his current state its because hes done something wrong, unfortunately other than Holy Shock, the biggest glaring issue for you is cooldown usage (so similar to Holy Shock) if you work on those together you should become much more competitive, I recommend getting some mods installed to help you track this, could be using WeakAuras, could be NeedtoKnow or any of the plethora of other mods out there, but slap what ever your favourite is together and get it working, then power through some LFRs making sure every time theres a burst of damage you use a cooldown for it, even if you don't need to (with it being LFR) just make sure you are, and that will help you figure out fights better, for instance on Tortos as an example, you can use BoP Wings > Bubble DF > BoP > GotAK etc.

Also as a final note, using Light's Hammer is quite easy in 25 man, just throw it on the melee pack if theres no chance you'll need it soon, otherwise save it for obvious phases of high damage depending on the fight, Holy Prism is much easier to use though
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-04-25 at 01:07 PM.

Whipmyhair – Feathermoon US
    Armory Link: us .battle .net/ wow /en / character/ feathermoon / Whipmyhair / simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: The only real difference in what you would see on my armory would be the last tier. I switch between Hammer and Prism depending on the fight as a lot of paladins do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs . com/ guilds / 40410 / This is my guild link, I am looking for an overall boost in my HPS if possible so feel free to look through any of the weeks to look at my healing.
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I know that with my Ilvl I should be doing more HPS than I currently am and I think a lot of my problems stems from what my role is in the raid and how I have been healing. I’ve really struggled finding whatever style it is that these other pallies are using to get these massive numbers. The resources seem harder to find in this expansion and the pool of Holy paladin’s on this server is very small. It’s a server that’s pretty far behind on progression; we are 3rd on our server at just 9/12.
    Description of Playstyle: I believe that this is the crux of my problem. I have kind of set myself up to being the tank healer. I feel like I am still stuck spamming my spells constantly and I know that I use Divine light a lot more than I honestly should. I’ve done the HR+HS tank healing but it really doesn’t seem to be mana efficient since I dropped my t14 bonus. I do have Chest, pants, gloves and helm of normal T14. But considering I had gotten so many 522 pieces I thought that moving wouldn’t really increase my healing but would probably make it stay even which is really what I have been seeing. I haven’t been able to get my 4 piece yet either.

Overall on most fights I focus on single target healing with some aoe healing when the tanks are stable. I heal with a Monk and a Resto Druid so it can be hard to stay competitive on some of the AoE healing fights. We also 3 heal more than we probably should but with our monk switching over he is just now getting more gear before we can 2 heal a lot of the fights. A lot of the ones that worry me are the middle fights like Durumu, Primordius, and animus. A lot of that isn’t really tank healing based but I fall behind on those. So working on an overall improved healing rotation as well as maybe a little more what to do on aoe fights. Any input would be great because as I said earlier there aren’t a lot of paladins to talk to, so just seeing what other players do would be of great benefit to me.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Remove the spaces if you can sadly there are alot of them.

@ Ther
    Looked over your most recent logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/etchhxen7pjz33fx/
    Character sheet: us.battle.net/wow/character/bleeding-hollow/Therni/
    No idea what your gear is since you've logged out in PvP but I see a similar problem as above. Your holy shock count should be a lot higher. Try to shoot for at least 10/minute on normal fights. If you have the 4 set, you should try to shoot for higher than that. You're also using holy light/divine light a little too much. Those spells should mainly be reserved for downtime/tank healing when you absolutely need big heals. The other times, holy radiance is a better choice to use in terms of a casting heal as it will give you one holy power and even in 10 man if you can position it correctly will typically heal around 2-3 people. Better use of cooldowns, (only 1 use of avenging wrath in a 11 minute fight) will also help your healing. Understandable though if the fight is fairly easy. I'd not recommending using the flash of light glyph although I guess there aren't too many better options. I could see potentially using the glyph if you have the legendary meta-gem but currently you don't. Also better use of your tier 6 talent will help your healing as well. Horridon's not a great stack fight but there are still places you can put down the hammer to heal quite a number of people.

@ Whipmyhair
    Logs: worldoflogs.com/guilds/40410/
    Character sheet: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/feathermoon/Whipmyhair/simple
    I don't see you far behind the other healers in your logs. I looked at some of the logs for the bosses you mentioned and perhaps you could use some of your healing cooldowns more but it's not as if it is a huge issue. Perhaps using your 6th tier talent more will help. You holy shock is around 7-8 a minute which is not too bad with the 4 set. A lot of the problems I see are things you've talked about yourself such as using divine light too much, etc. Only thing I would potentially consider is switching back to the 4 set. You have gotten a normal thunderforged and 2 normal 522 pieces which is item level wise a lot better. But this is actually in my opinion not enough gear to warrant switching out from the 4 set. The 4 set allows you to react quicker to damage, and many other mechanics-wise things that can't be quantified in terms of an increase in stats. Perhaps if you got the 4 set 522, then it would be worth switching but if your T14 is 496 at least then I think it's better to stay with the 4 set. I think at least on normal, with the except of perhaps Durumu and Primordius which at points hit reasonably hard on tanks, most of the healing to the tanks can simply come through beacon healing other people in the raid so I think you should try to focus on healing the raid and through that healing your beacon targets.

Hello fellow paladins! I got some questions about Horridon 25 HC and what your roles are there. My guild is still progressing on this fight and I'm assigned to tank heal. As we all know hpala are really strong healers and that is why I can't stop thinking my spells could be more useful than only focusing the tank on Horridon. Except when we move from gate to gate the Horridon tank and I are often out of range from the others, so I can't use EF or help dispelling as much as I want to. One example that annoys me a lot is the combination rending charge and dire call. I just know if I were closer to rest of the raid EFing would be enough to save those players. We always go with five healers for this fight and we don't follow any specific line up since we use a queue system. Our healing team consist of three priests (two of them being disc), two resto shamans, two resto druids, one monk and I as the only holy paladin. I don't know the other healing classes that much and that is why I'm posting here. Should I continue to tank heal or would another healer be more soothed for it? I want to hear your stories first if I'm gonna take this up with the raid leaders. I don't want to look like a douche that only worries about healing meters, I just feel I could be more useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnungagap View Post
    Hello fellow paladins! I got some questions about Horridon 25 HC and what your roles are there. My guild is still progressing on this fight and I'm assigned to tank heal. As we all know hpala are really strong healers and that is why I can't stop thinking my spells could be more useful than only focusing the tank on Horridon. Except when we move from gate to gate the Horridon tank and I are often out of range from the others, so I can't use EF or help dispelling as much as I want to. One example that annoys me a lot is the combination rending charge and dire call. I just know if I were closer to rest of the raid EFing would be enough to save those players. We always go with five healers for this fight and we don't follow any specific line up since we use a queue system. Our healing team consist of three priests (two of them being disc), two resto shamans, two resto druids, one monk and I as the only holy paladin. I don't know the other healing classes that much and that is why I'm posting here. Should I continue to tank heal or would another healer be more soothed for it? I want to hear your stories first if I'm gonna take this up with the raid leaders. I don't want to look like a douche that only worries about healing meters, I just feel I could be more useful.

During the doors I am eternal flame blanketing the raid and keeping my beacon on the DK tank we have tanking Horridon. All the pallies in our raid(2 holy and 1 ret) take turns bopping after the boss crashes into each door to clear stacks off of him. And we are dispelling what we can dispel. Then on the last phase we have to cycle BoPs, sacs and more focused healing on both tanks because tank damage is so high (especially if you have a dk tank).

If your tank is dying to lack of heals, it will be on you for the most part. In theory, you have a strong raid healing comp (without seeing logs), so it makes little sense for you to focus more on the group. This doesn't mean you shouldn't be throwing out EFs on people in range to keep a steady stream of hots rolling. I heal along side of a strong MW Monk and I can easily over heal and stack absorb shields to inflate my numbers, but that is not the point of progression. I would rather get through a fight with extra mana and be neck and neck with another strong healer than wiping because I had nothing to give at the end of the fight. Don't lock yourself into healing one person, just do it intelligently so that you can avoid mechanics and not be OOM 30 seconds before the fight ends. If your numbers are lower, but your logs show that you were doing what you were suppose to (avoiding mechanics, CD usage, people not dying), that's all the raid can ask of you.

@Ginnungagap

My guild had a lot of trouble on this fight until we got the positioning of the boss down correctly. I raid 10 man but I'm assuming the mobs are still coming out of the same area. We usually position the boss kind of parallel to the wall with the door and have the raid stand between the boss and the wall. We slowly move towards the next door by progressively backing up. The tank has the boss faced towards the next door usually. Anyone who is getting charged just moves out of the raid in an arc and stands with the tank so the boss doesn't move. Doing it this way I stack with the healers and ranged as we move back and I'm in range of everyone including the tank which I am also mainly healing. This way also allows the rest of the dps to remain in place and continue dpsing the adds without moving. We do this on the first two doors. The third door is different because the frost orbs stay in place for a long time so we kind of do a zigzag pattern to try to keep them in the same place. The fourth door is just kind of messy since all the dinosaurs are up and people need to spread out for the shamans.

Hello fellow paladins! I got some questions about Horridon 25 HC and what your roles are there. My guild is still progressing on this fight and I'm assigned to tank heal. As we all know hpala are really strong healers and that is why I can't stop thinking my spells could be more useful than only focusing the tank on Horridon. Except when we move from gate to gate the Horridon tank and I are often out of range from the others, so I can't use EF or help dispelling as much as I want to. One example that annoys me a lot is the combination rending charge and dire call. I just know if I were closer to rest of the raid EFing would be enough to save those players.
    The deaths to rending charge + dire call is on your raid healers. The dire calls are on a predictable timer, and rending charge should easily be visible on grid. That means that raid healers (whether it be you or your other healers) need to be responsible for prioritizing those players every Dire Call.

We always go with five healers for this fight and we don't follow any specific line up since we use a queue system. Our healing team consist of three priests (two of them being disc), two resto shamans, two resto druids, one monk and I as the only holy paladin. I don't know the other healing classes that much and that is why I'm posting here. Should I continue to tank heal or would another healer be more soothed for it? I want to hear your stories first if I'm gonna take this up with the raid leaders. I don't want to look like a douche that only worries about healing meters, I just feel I could be more useful.

The tank healers are between you, the druids, and the shamans. Personally I just use Beacon and don't really tank heal, but that's for your healing/raid leader to decide unfortunately.

Thanks for your input guys and gal! I think I'll have a talk with the raid leaders asking if I could try some few attempts raid healing more. Just to see if gate two and three goes any smoother.

Nioso:
    We have an excellent warrior tanking Horridon who is really easy to heal. I think he's died like two times (as I can remember) in our 81 attempts on Horridon where I was combat ressed and had no mana to heal. This isn't about numbers for me neither, but like I wrote in my first post I can't always reach the raid and it's frustrating not being able to help out. I believe anyone in our healing team are able to keep up our Horridon tank (bear in mind I'm only talking about the gate phase), and that's why I asked if any of the other classes are more soothed to tank heal this fight. Personally I think healing like Freia and voidspark would contribute to both tank and raid healing, but I'll guess I will find out in some days if the raid leaders allows it or not.

monikasun88:
    We tried stacking up and stay closer to Horridon as well, but people had problems seeing sand traps and living poison in time and we went back to our old tactic. I guess it's easier to stack and see stuff on the floor on 10 man. I hope and believe in time we will find a way to dodge stuff and stay closer together.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    The tank healers are between you, the druids, and the shamans. Personally I just use Beacon and don't really tank heal, but that's for your healing/raid leader to decide unfortunately.
    I'd recommend this for tank healing, if you have to do more than just an Eternal Flame on the tank it really starts to give you some issues unless your specific raid group allows you to weave the heals into your rotation as you can fit them

10+ Year Old Account
    Communication is key to any healing set up. Work with your friends, it is a MMO, you need to communicate and work out who is strong at what role and then bounce off each other ideas after each progression attempt. Describe how it felt, were you confident you could maintain output the entire duration? How about mana? Where can you improve?

Communication is so important for fixing healing. Just my 2c
    Hi

Deleted
    Hello there,

my guild killed Lei Shen normal on yesterday's raidnight so we want to start heroic progression un the upcoming reset. Problem being that 2 of my 3 healers seem to be underperforming one of them being a Holy Paladin. I would appreciate it if some of you could take a look at our recent logs and provide feedback and shed some light in this issue.

Logs of our attempts an kill yesterday although the kill is flagged as invalid:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3h84t8un7iozlrtn/

Armory of said Paladin:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kerle/advanced

He's apparently logged out in Retri gear I will get him log out in Holy as soon as I can.

I hope this thread is the right one since it's not a encounter specific question but more of a general one.

Thanks is advance for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Perteron View Post
    my guild killed Lei Shen normal on yesterday's raidnight so we want to start heroic progression un the upcoming reset. Problem being that 2 of my 3 healers seem to be underperforming one of them being a Holy Paladin. I would appreciate it if some of you could take a look at our recent logs and provide feedback and shed some light in this issue
    1) He's taking Sacred Shield over Eternal Flame (no-no as discussed earlier) and then not even using it (10.9% uptime on the 9 min attempt).
    2) He's not using enough Holy Shock.
    3) He wasted a glyph spot on Glyph of Denounce. On top of that, that 9 min attempt, he only used Denounce once.
    4) His choice of level 90 talent for the fight is absolutely awful. Again, in that attempt, he only used this (shit) ability 4-5 out of 8-9 possible times.
    5) On other attempts (the ~6 minute ones) he is not doing much better on SS and level 90 talent.

Basically, in my opinion it's honestly not enough that you post this for him. Sadly I think too many people are well-meaning and post others' logs to hope that it can improve them; unfortunately, the only way said players will improve is by taking the initiative however hard it may be and posting their own log.

(Story time: I had a thread I posted in here myself several pages ago about H:Will, even though I didn't get that many specifics in advice the discussion that followed had me re-evaluate my spell usage and improve a lot, both in terms of understanding of my class and performance. That isn't going to be done by someone else doing that work for me.)

He needs to come in, read some of the threads (Kerfax's is good), apply some of that (such as, say, his level 90 talent), and after getting some new logs with a real 90 talent and glyph setup, come in and post himself with an explanation of how he approached the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by abecedary View Post
    On Megaera (again lazy) a couple of things:

1) Depending on your positioning you can/should swap Beacon to the tank in your range, that way you can get Tower of Radiance.
    2) As tempting as it sounds using Holy Radiance alone as your main heal outside of rampage sounds terribly inefficient, outside of AoE/Clearcasting procs, Holy Light and Divine Light give a lot more HPM/HPS and also more beacon transfer/illuminated healing. HR is good, I use it a lot, but on that Megaera kill, you didn't cast Holy Light or Divine Light once! Those spells are there in your book for a reason, use them.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-04-29 at 07:56 AM.

Deleted
    Voidspark I really appreciate your looking over the logs. The problem is I as raidleader do not sit infront of my fellow raiders computer to see what they are doing when not online and to be fair I have the general feeling that they maybe read a guide at the beginning of an expac and then forget about it or do not switch talents once set as you indicated but that is not suited for this discussion.
    But since he would not be posting this himself I took it on myself to do it. But I will point him to this thread so again thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Perteron View Post
    Voidspark I really appreciate your looking over the logs. The problem is I as raidleader do not sit infront of my fellow raiders computer to see what they are doing when not online and to be fair I have the general feeling that they maybe read a guide at the beginning of an expac and then forget about it or do not switch talents once set as you indicated but that is not suited for this discussion.
    But since he would not be posting this himself I took it on myself to do it. But I will point him to this thread so again thank you.
    To re-iterate on what voidspark said, the best thing you can do with him is just tell him to step up, go read a guide and sort himself out, if he doesn't improve but has obviously changed things then its worth doing another log check, but if he hasn't changed anything, you're going to have to be blunt with him, because thats one of the worst logs I've ever looked at in this thread.

Hey guys. New to posting. Been watching this thread for a while and it seems like a wonderful idea. I took a few months off at the start of the expansion and I'm just starting to get back into stuff. We just recently killed Jin'Rokh for the first time as a guild. Since it is the only kill we have that is current I was hoping maybe someone had some advice for me.

Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Foibles/advanced
    Our WoL link from Jin'rokh kill: worldoflogs.com/reports/9xumfe3vnl01f3ew/sum/healingDone/?s=2557&e=2826
    In LFR I've noticed that holy paladins with similar item levels can sometimes put out a considerable amount more healing than I do. I'm assuming this is because I am missing a lot of holy shocks, and consequently not having eternal flame up? I just feel like my numbers are going to result in my raid hitting a wall if I don't figure out why I'm middle of the pack.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Sorry that I haven't been on the boards here long enough to post links.

Quote Originally Posted by jslowik View Post
    Hey guys. New to posting. Been watching this thread for a while and it seems like a wonderful idea. I took a few months off at the start of the expansion and I'm just starting to get back into stuff. We just recently killed Jin'Rokh for the first time as a guild. Since it is the only kill we have that is current I was hoping maybe someone had some advice for me.

Armory Link: http://www.us.battle.net/wow/en/char...ibles/advanced
    Our WoL link from Jin'rokh kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...?s=2557&e=2826
    In LFR I've noticed that holy paladins with similar item levels can sometimes put out a considerable amount more healing than I do. I'm assuming this is because I am missing a lot of holy shocks, and consequently not having eternal flame up? I just feel like my numbers are going to result in my raid hitting a wall if I don't figure out why I'm middle of the pack.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Sorry that I haven't been on the boards here long enough to post links.
    Yep, your problem is almost entirely down to you not casting enough Holy Shocks, without the T14 bonus you need to have 85-90% efficiency when casting HS (total fight duration in seconds, divided by 6, then number of HS' cast divided by that number = efficiency)

Also if you improve that enough you should end up with near enough 100% uptime on Illuminated healing and Eternal Flame

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Switching DP with PotE glyphs depending on fight and also the hammer with Holy Prism
    Worldoflogs Link: None atm; will post Thursday when I get back home.
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I've lost my "ability" to heal as a paladin, it got changed from what I've been used to and last time I healed was in Cataclysm. This Paladin will be used for LFR/PuGs and maybe old content. The current holy paladin we have is bad at best(in my opinion; mostly being lazy and unaware of what's happening around; almost never dispelling) but since it is a friends guild, that will not change. I am a meter whore so I want to be able to top meters in the content I am doing without cheesing too much.
    Description of Playstyle: I liked the feel of Paladin healing in Cataclysm for some reason, not sure if it could be called a play style. I quit before before the Fire Nation attacked and at that point I was at a decent progression (100-ish worldwide guild) and constantly ranking in the first 10 healers/paladins on Heroic content. If I recall correctly, I was keeping the mastery up with HR/Holy Shock/Holy Light spam on the raid and I was decent at conserving mana while keeping a high mastery stack on the raid for incoming AoE.
    Now in MoP, from checking some logs, it appears that most of the healing is master + EF. Average EF is smaller than what my 2HP one does so it probably means a constant blanket on the raid of 1HP EF(with a 3HP EF on the tank) but I did not find a good way of getting there. Even in 10 man, to cover everyone it would take ~50 seconds to do it with only HS so at the moment I am doing HS->EF->HR->EF (if anything isn't needed).

I still don't know how to use Holy Avenger right(AoE/random damage should be a good guess), is it better to blanket 3EF on everyone with HS+HR? Is it better to spam those 2 + LoD?

Give a meter whore some tips!