Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    3HP should be used. Not much point in anything less now it doesn't proc mastery.
    Really? I've been blanketing the raid with single HP EF's and doing DP procs or 3 on me and the tanks and my healing has been high on nearly every fight and i'm always top of the meters...

My understanding was that we still blanket due to the high beacon heals as well as it procing the legendary cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Really? I've been blanketing the raid with single HP EF's and doing DP procs or 3 on me and the tanks and my healing has been high on nearly every fight and i'm always top of the meters...
    The only thing you lose from not using a 3HP EF is that you waste globals. But if you were never going to use the globals anyway due to mana it's not a big issue. You get the same Beacon transfer and the same cloak transfer with 1HP EF's, just you can potentially waste GCD's. On the flip side you do less overhealing without the cloak up.

I'm finding myselft using 1-2 HP EFs a lot honestly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    The only thing you lose from not using a 3HP EF is that you waste globals. But if you were never going to use the globals anyway due to mana it's not a big issue. You get the same Beacon transfer and the same cloak transfer with 1HP EF's, just you can potentially waste GCD's. On the flip side you do less overhealing without the cloak up.
    Hmmm ok so its a HPS increase to use 3 HP EF instead of blanketing the raid? As i don't have mana issues atm but if i started doing 2 HR and a HS to get to 3 over and over again theres a good chance ill be out of mana pretty fast... are you guys only doing 3 HP EF on yourself and the two tanks and then spamming HL or keep spamming 3 HP EF till your low on mana then fill with it for a bit?

Deleted
    Been playing holy paladin since ICC...
    I guess i'm not the only one who feels a litte "uneasy" regarding gemming and reforging with most of the top pallys gemming full int despite bouche telling us its wasting stats...I have been aiming for 16k spirit, the 7170 haste breakpoint and full mastery after that...i tried the 3506 breakpoint before and to be honest i did not notice any difference...but in bouches spreadsheets the 14th tick clearly wins if combined with about 35% mastery...

Typical heal setup is disc/resto druid/me...during the raid i logged, we had a shaman with us because the druid wasn't available...

My armory:
    Armory

And the WoL of our latest SoO 10man run:
    WoL

- Trying to use Holy Shock on CD
    - 3 HP EFs
    - Beacon on one of the tanks
    - due to a resto and a disc i find myself rarely using holy light in low dmg situations
    - Plea on CD (delayed if full)

If theres someone here who has the time to look at my log and who could point out if i can improve myself further and if so how?
    I'm topping the meters most of the time but i feel like i could be performing much much better...

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by mmoc58f5648a0e; 2013-09-27 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Links are now clickable!

Quote Originally Posted by Vallerian View Post
    Been playing holy paladin since ICC...
    I guess i'm not the only one who feels a litte "uneasy" regarding gemming and reforging with most of the top pallys gemming full int despite bouche telling us its wasting stats...I have been aiming for 16k spirit, the 7170 haste breakpoint and full mastery after that...i tried the 3506 breakpoint before and to be honest i did not notice any difference...but in bouches spreadsheets the 14th tick clearly wins if combined with about 35% mastery...

Typical heal setup is disc/resto druid/me...during the raid i logged, we had a shaman with us because the druid wasn't available...

My armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackmoore/V%C3%A2llerian/advanced

And the WoL of our latest SoO 10man run:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vbzqspmnfaka6l0k/

Not allowed to post links, yet...sorry!

- Trying to use Holy Shock on CD
    - 3 HP EFs
    - Beacon on one of the tanks
    - due to a resto and a disc i find myself rarely using holy light in low dmg situations
    - Plea on CD (delayed if full)

If theres someone here who has the time to look at my log and who could point out if i can improve myself further and if so how?
    I'm topping the meters most of the time but i feel like i could be performing much much better...

Thank you in advance
    I don't think you'll out EF rejuvs. I think you should look at going SH, it's an amazing build that works well with this tier.

Deleted
    I gave SH a try...and i didn't like it at all...it just felt plain wrong...but that differs for everyone i guess.
    Links are now clickable
    Last edited by mmoc58f5648a0e; 2013-09-27 at 10:23 PM.

It took a full raid week for me to get used to it, but my output is much higher now. On a 2% wipe on Norushen HM25M, I was at 285k hps. The sustained output that may of the SoO fights require is perfect for SH healing.

Deleted
    I currently have:

Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (522 version)
    Spirits of the Sun (Heroic 509 version)
    Prismatic Prison of Pride (LFR 528 version)

Which 2 should I equip? Can use my VP to upgrade any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage1 View Post
    I currently have:

Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (522 version)
    Spirits of the Sun (Heroic 509 version)
    Prismatic Prison of Pride (LFR 528 version)

Which 2 should I equip? Can use my VP to upgrade any of them.
    Go with item level, so use your 522 Talisman and 528 Amp.

Im the only who feel underwhelmed in garrosh 10man? mostly in the phase where you are pulled in the realms, there so much movement and damage going on and im feel like im pulling 0 healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Im the only who feel underwhelmed in garrosh 10man? mostly in the phase where you are pulled in the realms, there so much movement and damage going on and im feel like im pulling 0 healing.
    Try to save Holy Avenger for that phase. It should be up every time. Then just run around the boss and do HS -> LoD -> CS -> LoD etc.

It worked wonders for me and there was absolutely no problems to keep the raid alive there even alone, when our other healer died just before the phase started.

Deleted
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/e3rcn...?s=2220&e=2623

Norushen 'progress' kill. Don't think I'm doing too badly, but I'm a bit concerned by low low my cloak is, if I'm wasting too much HP, and if CS should be used so often. Also, my mana is fairly dry by the end; could I be more efficient? (I fucked up on the inside realm, first heroic kill and had no idea they do more dps with more HP. Bear in mind I'm both raidleading [with some monkeys present in raid atm] and kinda bad at multitasking, so it won't be close to perfect!

I am starting progression on H Immerseus tonight. was hoping someonr might have any tip for healing the adds. i dont think i can use Voh Do to heal them. Is there an easy way to taget them for healing?

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/e3rcn...?s=2220&e=2623

Norushen 'progress' kill. Don't think I'm doing too badly, but I'm a bit concerned by low low my cloak is, if I'm wasting too much HP, and if CS should be used so often. Also, my mana is fairly dry by the end; could I be more efficient? (I fucked up on the inside realm, first heroic kill and had no idea they do more dps with more HP. Bear in mind I'm both raidleading [with some monkeys present in raid atm] and kinda bad at multitasking, so it won't be close to perfect!
    Norushen's an extremely low OH fight, so it's natural you won't get much from your cloak.

The adds do more DPS the higher health they are in the Norushen test.

Hiya.

I am not the best paladin in the world, so I figure there is room to better myself. I looked through our logs yesterday to Heroic Sha of Pride and kept noticing that my throughput is significantly weaker than paladins around the same gear level. People aren't dying because of the lack of heals, so it may not matter in the long run, but personally, if I can put out more heals, then overall, it should benefit us in some sort of fashion.

Armory: Aelnaina Magtheridon-US Horde
    Logs: no link unfortunately, but "magtheridon vengeance world of logs" into google will bring it up on the first link.

Any tips and/or criticisms would be appreciated~

Edit: I decided to reforge out of some haste and go back to the 3600 haste BP and picked up around 4k more of mastery more or less. I'll give that a whirl and see how I like it.
    Last edited by ararine; 2013-10-02 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Update

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-halls/Sigera/advanced -My Armory
    worldoflogs.com/reports/w8a5ln5anrnrvvsq/ - Our most recent raid

What am I doing wrong here? I am playing 7170 haste bp Eternal Flame in a 10 man, and I just can't quite contribute the same amount as our disc priest. We 2 heal most fights, and he is doing way more work than I am. I'm feeling pretty inadequate at the moment, and I'm hoping y'all can pick some things out here that I'm missing. We will hopefully be starting heroics next week, so the heat is on.

I don't often oom, although I feel like I could probably use about 1k more spirit or so. Even if I'm going balls to the wall though, I feel like my throughput is lacking.

Deleted
    Hey guys!

I recently rerolled holy paladin from warlock, and I'm not sure I've got everything right.

First of all I seem to have mana issues alot of the time, I might be spamming too many unnecessary heals and I feel like my healing could be better.

I'm currently going with the 71XX haste break point and Eternal Flame.

Heres the logs from our last raid: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mb8dxptv7xeybe4h/

I'm healing with a MW monk and resto druid, maybe i should be looking at another tier 3 talent? perhaps going mastery? since we've got two strong hot classes already.

Also heres my armory eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Losamigos/simple

Would be aweome if someone could point out any mistakes in my gearing and such.

Any help is very welcome!

Hi Guys,
    I don´t have currently very big problems getting the raid healed up. Except Thok (though it was only the first time last week we had try Thok).

I will post below the logs from yesterday. I have not healed in most of the bosses and there is not Thok. But maybe there´s still something miserable, what you guys see.
    Is it still worth stacking up spirit on gems, at my gear level?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-56m1ohiqb0r6kgpy/

Thanks in advance for any input!

Quote Originally Posted by Brucewilly View Post
    Hey guys!

I recently rerolled holy paladin from warlock, and I'm not sure I've got everything right.

First of all I seem to have mana issues alot of the time, I might be spamming too many unnecessary heals and I feel like my healing could be better.

I'm currently going with the 71XX haste break point and Eternal Flame.

Heres the logs from our last raid: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mb8dxptv7xeybe4h/

I'm healing with a MW monk and resto druid, maybe i should be looking at another tier 3 talent? perhaps going mastery? since we've got two strong hot classes already.

Also heres my armory eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Losamigos/simple

Would be aweome if someone could point out any mistakes in my gearing and such.

Any help is very welcome!

Your gear looks fine for the most part and mana management will get better with time. I did notice the lack of use of Holy light on several fights. It's not the strongest heal out there, but it's incredibly efficient during times of low damage. Might help until you get yourself stabilized.

EF is still the go-to talent for Tier 3, but mastery wouldn't be a bad idea to go into based on your comp and other things. It can also help with your mana.