Page 65 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    Hello, Me Again, So I was wondering I seem to be using more Light of Dawns than I do Eternal Flames because in 25 man LFR it seems that EVERYONE likes to take damage they don't need to (I would do normal modes but no Normal Mode SoO Guild wants a 510 iLevel Paladin so I am working on getting better gear), I tried Putting 3HP Eternal Flames up on the raid but my HPS and Total Healing dropped like hell when I did that over spamming 3HP Light of Dawns, Any idea why?
    This is just because LFR can be done by two healers, three if its one of the fights that can CC a healer. You probably won't see an increase in throughput with the EF style in LFR, though you could try 1/2HP instead of 3, but its a slippery slope once you start learning how to cheese LFR.

As for the Selfless Healer playstyle, its completely viable but you have to gear your entire character around it, and again its not going to help you learn to play what you need to be learning for a guild pick-up.

Hi Everyone! I finally mustered the courage and decided to post here. Sorry I can't post any links yet...

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Diggywhole/simple My armory
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6q8g0hmh2vzwae81/ Logs from yesterday

I dont really get complaints about the healing, but I feel like I could be doing better, so if anyone could give me advice, I would really appreciate it. I think my biggest problem is that sometimes I tend to give in to temptation and start using LoD with EF spec.

I also have a question.. Yesterday I've gotten Heroic Warforged Gaze of Echoing Despair and Heroic Windfire Legplates. I really hate all this crit on them and I don't want to lose my 4p bonus and mastery. My plan is to hold on to them in case if one of them is useful later on when I get a chestpiece or something(even then I doubt it). Is that a way to go?

Note: I wasnt on my pally for Dark Shamans as I had to switch to monk for tanking. I also used SH for Norushen. I'm a little scared about using EF on it since we only send disc priest to proving ground realm and I always stay on top and have everyone stacked around me and listen to my directions as to where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    Hi Everyone! I finally mustered the courage and decided to post here. Sorry I can't post any links yet...

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Diggywhole/simple My armory
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6q8g0hmh2vzwae81/ Logs from yesterday
    I was checking my own logs to look at my Meta gem usage, and then I read your post and decided to compare my meta usage to yours.
    You seem to not make much use of the meta, and you try to get holy radiance off during the proc, usually it's 100% overheal, not often healing more than 1-2 people(mastery shield still useful I guess). Many times you dont manage to get any holy radiance off unless you count when it conveniently procs during a cast.

In my logs I always manage to cast either 1xHR + 1xFlash of light OR 2xFlash of light. Flash of light is obviously on beacon, so I get HP from it, not always on tank either. It's easy to throw it on any low dps or healer with the beacon glyph and then cast 2xFlash of light. So I can get more than 2 times of free HP during the meta in comparison to you.

This was just a random thing I compared, and I only checked like 3 of those bosses. But you said you wanted something to improve on. Well, there you go.

TL;DR Make use of flash of light on beacon during meta gem.

I'd like to make a nice comparison but my guilds logs are private. Here is the query I used.

sourceName = "Diggywhole"
    AND spell = "Lucidity"
    OR spell = "Flash of Light"
    OR spell = "Holy Radiance"
    OR spell = "Divine Light"

Maybe I'll check the more basic stuff tomorrow. :-)

Deleted
    Hello again,
    I want to thank you for your help .
    So i managed to get my hands on a DSOD trinket(thanks to one of the shammies who passed it to me ) and a better weapon(it has spirit yey).
    I left my spirit at 15k. Note : I know my weapon is not enchanted or upgraded. Last night was too late for enchant and i don't have enough valors left :/
    I have a question about the next haste cap. When should i go for it ?

Armory : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Lugia/advanced

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Argonia View Post
    I have a question about the next haste cap. When should i go for it ?
    Honestly, I wouldn't go for it. I've tried it and it just ends up reducing overall healing in 90% of cases, the only real exceptions I can think of would be for Thok/Malkorok (hc) progression, but you have far better options (for Thok at least). If you really want to try it though, I'd wait until you get an upgrade on your Sha trinket, it may not sound like a big upgrade but it makes things much easier.

Thank you Hnerikkson. I see what you mean. Funnily enough, I do tend to spam Flash of Light on the beacon when the meta-gem procs, but for some reason I wasn't doing it that time... I'll work on that

Deleted
    Hi guys. Do you think SH is a better option than EF on Thok HC 10 man ? because instants AOE and interrupts ? or is sacred shield better ?

I don't see EF being very potent since the screech is every 4second, so 2ticks at best, and no mastery shield anymore.

healing setup used : resto druid, disci priest, holy pal
    off-healing used : ele shaman, prot pal

also considering to go 4healers with ele shaman going resto.

any tips for this ? best P1 was 16 acceleration. So CDs rotation is not very good but HPS seemed quite low.

Definitely go with SH if you're having problems with it, but I wouldn't recommend trying to super beef it with healers, stick with 3 if you're not confident and work on cooldown rotatations.

Hey guys. Made an account just to post. I'm in need of quite a bit of help here.

Tried to link my armory and WoL (what little I have, still new to it), but MMO-champ won't let me link until I've posted "a few times".
    Pally is Deo on US-Illidan.

Questions, concerns, expectations: My biggest concern is that I'm not getting the most out of my aoe healing. I know I'm not healing nearly as much as I could be. It's bothering me, I'd really like to max out my paladin as much as I possibly can so I can perform well in raids. I have no issues with my single target healing, but I notice I am lacking in aoe heal capability. I heal in 10 mans.

I have recently obtained my 4set and am trying to work out what is the best way to get the most out of divine favor now.
    I have also recently went with the selfless healer talent and have found a significant increase in my healing as well as enjoyment in playing. I really like it, I would like to max out my build as much as possible to get the most I can out of this play style. I have used eternal flame before and I was not seeing the results I wanted to with it. I feel as though selfless healer works a lot better for me than eternal flame does. I think this has more to do with my playstyle. I understand if some of you guys favor EF more than SH but I would like advice on how to do better with SH instead of "No!! Go EF" responses.

I have recently tried to switch up my gemming. I was putting straight int gems into most of my red sockets but have wanted to try going with just int/mastery. I don't find spirit to be an issue for me, I am very good with managing my mana and don't feel I have any issues.. I have seen my mastery doing a large majority of my heals and figure it might be a good idea to go into that more heavily. However, I wonder if this is actually benefiting me or if I could be getting more use out of another stat? I have just switched over to selfless healer and am not sure exactly how to get the most out of it.

I also know that I am not actively taking advantage of my legendary procs. I have recently downloaded weak auras and am trying to figure out how exactly to make auras for the procs. I'd also like to make some for trinket procs, but yeah. If anyone could offer some help or what you use to keep track of those things I would really appreciate it.

Description of Playstyle: Little rough at the moment as I am trying to adapt to the changes that have come with my 4set and selfless healer a lot more.
    Holy shock off cool down, using judgment as much as I can to get those stacks of selfless healer as well as generate holy power. Light of Dawn or WoG (dependent on what's needed more) per 3 holy power. Although, I have noticed I am not being nearly as efficient as I should be with my holy power management since changing to selfless healer. I suddenly have a lot more holy power and am working out how to efficiently dump it, etc. I have noticed on many occasions I had slipped up with that.
    Holy shock with day break procs, holy radiance with infusion of light procs or 2-3 stacks of selfless healer (ideally). Trying to use divine favor off cool down. Figuring out when it's most useful to pop on certain fights.
    I use holy avenger to help where I'd need a lot of healing output. Sun's desperate measures Dark Meditation on protectors, rough spots in Norushen, Thok's defeaning screeches, etc. Guardian and wings as needed.

*I am going to be raiding with a discipline priest and resto shaman if that helps any.
    Last edited by Deojack; 2013-12-04 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    Looking for some quick advices and quick tips.

I might be required to reroll healer due to certain guild circumstances and we're currently 10/14 HC.

This is my paladin and I just wanted to know if the gear is enough to heal 10/14 hc boss (we'll be 3 healing Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Iron Juggernaught, Shamans and Nazgrim, all the other fights will be 2 healing with a 564 ilvl disc priest) and if there any good tip for any of the bosses.

(I have healed before back in DS on my paladin and briefly last tier, so I do think I do have the skills to heal it )

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post

I might be required to reroll healer due to certain guild circumstances and we're currently 10/14 HC.

I just wanted to know if the gear is enough to heal 10/14 hc boss (we'll be 3 healing Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Iron Juggernaught, Shamans and Nazgrim, all the other fights will be 2 healing with a 564 ilvl disc priest) and if there any good tip for any of the bosses.

(I have healed before back in DS on my paladin and briefly last tier, so I do think I do have the skills to heal it )
    Nazgrim and Protectors are easily 2 healed and make the fights go much faster

This is my paladin and I just wanted to know if the gear is enough to heal 10/14 hc boss (we'll be 3 healing Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Iron Juggernaught, Shamans and Nazgrim, all the other fights will be 2 healing with a 564 ilvl disc priest) and if there any good tip for any of the bosses.

Was/is in the same boat more or less, im healing up to thok with 2 healers (mostly been using 3). a shaman being about the same ilvl as you when he started.. it's hard to say because it depends a lot on your other healers obviously. but if you go safe with 3 healing a lot of them it should be doable.

Easier to give pointers if you can show some logs or anything.

Judging from your armory it must be quite hard maintaining mana with 7170 haste BP and your current gearlvl.

Feel free to drop me a pm if you want some specific pointers, think we're on the same server and from the same country :P

Hello all. We have recently started heroics, and I was just wondering what I could do to improve myself. I think I'm doing well, but feel that I could be doing better for my ilvl.. just looking for some advice. We are working on 25m by the way, and I heal with a disc prist, druid, and 2 resto shaman.
    Armory Link

Tonights Norushen Wipes, no kill About half-way through the night I decided to try out Haste again and reforged / gemmed to haste.
    HC Protectors Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Deojack View Post
    Tried to link my armory and WoL (what little I have, still new to it), but MMO-champ won't let me link until I've posted "a few times".
    Pally is Deo on US-Illidan.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Deo/advanced
    Main thing I see is you're not geared properly to take advantage of SH. Your priority should be Mastery > Int > Crit > Haste, with as little Spirit as you can possibly get, that means in gem terms 320 Mast > Int/Mast with a Mast/Spirit in a blue only when it would work out as free Spirit. You probably also want to adjust your play style a little bit, generally HS>J>HR>HPdump repeat is your ideal rotation, with the HP dump being put into Light of Dawn unless you really need to buffer some heavy tank damage. You should also pick-up Holy Prism unless the fight favours Light's Hammer, with 10 man at least its far easier to get the value from Prism than Hammer.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be reasonably fine, but as Quti said, you should try and 2 heal them if you can, specially Nazgrim is all about control and by 3 healing it you're reducing the potential control you have and increasing the margin for error everyone else has, not exactly the idea behind heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zomgname View Post
    Hello all. We have recently started heroics, and I was just wondering what I could do to improve myself. I think I'm doing well, but feel that I could be doing better for my ilvl.. just looking for some advice. We are working on 25m by the way, and I heal with a disc prist, druid, and 2 resto shaman.
    Armory Link

Tonights Norushen Wipes, no kill About half-way through the night I decided to try out Haste again and reforged / gemmed to haste.
    HC Protectors Kill
    You should reconsider your goals as a Holydin, you're currently going for the 10k BP and you're sacrificing a lot of Mastery for it, specially without the Sha trinket. I'd recommend that you try to aim for the 3.5k BP, Mastery > Int > Haste build, I.e. you max out your Mastery and Int without sacrifice by using reforging exclusively for your Haste BP, you could afford to drop down to ~14-15k Spirit doing that as well which would probably show you a lot better results, specially with 3 raw HPS healers and a snipe-o-matic Disc Priest. Also don't use Spirit JC gems, Int ones are better.

If you'd rather the Haste playstyle, then I wouldn't recommend going any higher than the 7.1k BP and maxing out your Mastery in much the same way as my previous advice. You may need closer to 16/17k Spirit to sustain that play but if you really don't like the 3.5k BP then its a nice way to meet in the middle.
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-12-05 at 09:09 AM.

Problem is SH is your always wasting a global on not healing, it just doesn't work. DP is way better and less annoying.

Hello all--great reads found in this thread. I apologize in advance if my question has been addressed and I simply missed it, but I shall keep it short.
    Using Eternal Flame, I've heard a lot of negativity thrown towards Light of Dawn; is it more beneficial to blanket the raid with Eternal Flames, keeping constant heals rolling to the Beacon of Light target, and using Light of Dawn in situational moments with heavy, spiked raid damage? As somewhat a caveat to my question: is attempting to blanket the raid with 1 - 2 Holy Power Eternal Flames as [more] beneficial than a full-fledged three HP EF on multiple targets?

Thanks a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    You should reconsider your goals as a Holydin, you're currently going for the 10k BP and you're sacrificing a lot of Mastery for it, specially without the Sha trinket. I'd recommend that you try to aim for the 3.5k BP, Mastery > Int > Haste build, I.e. you max out your Mastery and Int without sacrifice by using reforging exclusively for your Haste BP, you could afford to drop down to ~14-15k Spirit doing that as well which would probably show you a lot better results, specially with 3 raw HPS healers and a snipe-o-matic Disc Priest. Also don't use Spirit JC gems, Int ones are better.

If you'd rather the Haste playstyle, then I wouldn't recommend going any higher than the 7.1k BP and maxing out your Mastery in much the same way as my previous advice. You may need closer to 16/17k Spirit to sustain that play but if you really don't like the 3.5k BP then its a nice way to meet in the middle.
    Thank you, I had actually reforged down to the 7.1 BP but hadn't logged out since. Armory should be updated now.
    I had previously been using the 3.5 BP (The HC protectors kill was all mastery) and dumping all into Mastery but I do prefer the 7.1 BP, it just feels better. In either case, I don't feel that I do what I could be doing, but I wonder if it's more a case of the healers I heal with.
    Last edited by Alyajna; 2013-12-05 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Your priority should be Mastery > Int > Crit > Haste, with as little Spirit as you can possibly get
    - - - Updated - - -

I disagree with this. Haste still speeds up the HR cast and lowers the cd on HS which will smooth out the rotation some. Crit is still of very limited value to us. It should also be mentioned that it is possible to run OOM even with SH so having a cushion there is a good thing. I run around 10.5k spirit and some fights it might be a little much but I run it down often enough to not be comfortable with less.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppervon View Post
    Hello all--great reads found in this thread. I apologize in advance if my question has been addressed and I simply missed it, but I shall keep it short.
    Using Eternal Flame, I've heard a lot of negativity thrown towards Light of Dawn; is it more beneficial to blanket the raid with Eternal Flames, keeping constant heals rolling to the Beacon of Light target, and using Light of Dawn in situational moments with heavy, spiked raid damage? As somewhat a caveat to my question: is attempting to blanket the raid with 1 - 2 Holy Power Eternal Flames as [more] beneficial than a full-fledged three HP EF on multiple targets?

Thanks a bunch
    Blanketing is almost always better than LoD, only times LoD is of use are when you need to get all the healing out across all 6 targets, like on Thok if you're going to phase transition without the LoD. Regarding the amount, generally you can 3HP an entire 10 man raid, if you need to use LoD then it can be worth dropping to 2HP, and in 25 man it entirely depends on the damage and situation, very difficult to tell you which is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I disagree with this. Haste still speeds up the HR cast and lowers the cd on HS which will smooth out the rotation some. Crit is still of very limited value to us. It should also be mentioned that it is possible to run OOM even with SH so having a cushion there is a good thing. I run around 10.5k spirit and some fights it might be a little much but I run it down often enough to not be comfortable with less.
    Yeah its possible, I should have probably been more clear, just generally only used to giving SH advice to people reforging for Thok, so its almost impossible to have too little regen for that.