Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I use HotR>Judge>Consecrate/Avenger's Shield>Holy Wrath>HoTR>SoTR typically. Keeping Consecrate up at all times, prioritizing HoTR and using Holy Wrath on CD.

I'd like to think my rotation is pretty good...

EDIT- And people still occasionally pull off of me. That why I think with haste my overall threat will be higher because I'd be hitting HotR more often.

Unless you're tanking multiple mobs, I believe you'll establish more threat by using crusader strike and using HoTR when there are multiple targets. Even in aoe packs if you can identify the mob people are focusing on I'd use CS to keep your threat up if you're about to lose it. I think HoTR does less damage to a single target than crusader strike.

No, I know that much. My issue IS AoE threat. But I think with more haste I will be ok.

Are you doing instances with people who out gear you? I noticed a severe aoe threat issue when I was grinding heroics with guild mates who were above me by 20-30+ ilvls. Once I caught up to them I haven't had any issues. It looks like you're doing the "aoe" rotation right. I might suggest picking up Battle Healer and using Seal of Insight if you're not already. There is some added threat via healing that you can gain, it's not much, but I believe it's better according to Theck than using SoR.

If you're having threat issues early in the pull, are you having hunters MD and rogues ToT you? Once you get some vengeance you shouldn't have any issues keeping aggro.

I am picking that glyph up tonight after I finish my transmog runs :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twopacuafina View Post
    I am picking that glyph up tonight after I finish my transmog runs :P
    Ah, yes. If you're not using SoI and Battle Healer then you're doing it wrong. The tanking must haves this expac.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Ah, yes. If you're not using SoI and Battle Healer then you're doing it wrong. The tanking must haves this expac.
    I'm using SoI, but adding in BH. Seems like a really good glyph. Sort of borderline OP with tons of haste though lol

The real issue is that the blue tanking gear isn't very optimal for us. It has a lot of Dodge/Parry on it that we're wishing was Hit/Expertise/Haste. So unless you're aggressively geming/enchanting for hit/expertise you might not make the 15% cap. At your gear level it's difficult to get 15% expertise unless you're aggressively enchanting/gemming for it. You're over 7.5% hit, so you can reforge some of that off to try to get more expertise or haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I find myself not using SoI nowadays on several figths to be honest. Those where tank damage is just non issue.

Okay, that made it sound like I tank with SoT all the time. SoI is still the standard. However, just saying, there are exceptions where I prefer SoT.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 03:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    The real issue is that the blue tanking gear isn't very optimal for us. It has a lot of Dodge/Parry on it that we're wishing was Hit/Expertise/Haste. So unless you're aggressively geming/enchanting for hit/expertise you might not make the 15% cap. At your gear level it's difficult to get 15% expertise unless you're aggressively enchanting/gemming for it. You're over 7.5% hit, so you can reforge some of that off to try to get more expertise or haste.
    My memory is a bit fuzzy, but if I recall MoP release, was there not like a shit ton of expertise on the blues? I remember it being easier to get hit and exp cap in blues than epics simply because it was more hit and exp on the blues. May be completely wrong though so don't take my word for it.

What is a good number to be at haste wise. Recently went for the haste build. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...strojim/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    What is a good number to be at haste wise. Recently went for the haste build. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...strojim/simple
    The more the merrier.

UPDATE: So I reforged everything and put a lot into haste. It worked amazingly. My AoE threat is really good now. Although people that are iLvl 496 still rip off me when they are single targeting a mob when I'm using my AoE abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by twopacuafina View Post
    UPDATE: So I reforged everything and put a lot into haste. It worked amazingly. My AoE threat is really good now. Although people that are iLvl 496 still rip off me when they are single targeting a mob when I'm using my AoE abilities.
    Get a name-plates addon that changes colour when the threat level on the mob changes (you have aggro, losing aggro, lost aggro), then you can see which is going to run away, and focus a bit more on it while it is still hitting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Get a name-plates addon that changes colour when the threat level on the mob changes (you have aggro, losing aggro, lost aggro), then you can see which is going to run away, and focus a bit more on it while it is still hitting you.
    I actually use tidy plates and the style of bar i use has a little threat indicator on it. Works amazingly!

Haste vs. Mastery...what should I go for?

Currently my reforge strategy is:

Hit (to cap) > Expertise (to parry cap) > Mastery > Haste > Dodge = Parry

Should I switch around the Mastery and Haste?

Currently just doing LFR but I hope to start real raiding soon.

man i suck i gotta start tanking instead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    Haste vs. Mastery...what should I go for?

Currently my reforge strategy is:

Hit (to cap) > Expertise (to parry cap) > Mastery > Haste > Dodge = Parry

Should I switch around the Mastery and Haste?

Currently just doing LFR but I hope to start real raiding soon.
    according to Theck the mastery build is easier to master then the haste build.

How ever haste is just so much better
    you get HP faster, heal more (Battle Healer glyph says hello) and more SotR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayroyma View Post
    according to Theck the mastery build is easier to master then the haste build.

How ever haste is just so much better
    you get HP faster, heal more (Battle Healer glyph says hello) and more SotR
    Imo there is alot higher skill cap on mastery build than haste build. Though that only really matters in cutting edge progression.

For 99% of the playebase, saying mastery or haste is harder is just pure bull, they are equal.

@Zerd You should go for haste.

Deleted
    Hello Guys,

Would you be so kind and help me with our Mtank. I am a RL and do not play Paladin so i thought its better to ask you. The Pala said he looked everything up etc but i still think he is underperforming. Like when i compare his Garalon DPS with mine when i play as a Brewmaster. Or his selfheal etc.

Logs are here : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dz...?s=1276&e=1619
    His Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uyaku/advanced

Thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by pkcross View Post
    Hello Guys,

Would you be so kind and help me with our Mtank. I am a RL and do not play Paladin so i thought its better to ask you. The Pala said he looked everything up etc but i still think he is underperforming. Like when i compare his Garalon DPS with mine when i play as a Brewmaster. Or his selfheal etc.

Logs are here : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dz...?s=1276&e=1619
    His Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uyaku/advanced

Thank you guys.
    Just from glancing at his armory, you aren't going to see much damage output or healing from him with his gemiming and reforge choices. He's gemmed for EH (pure stamina) it seems, is over the hit cap, and is around 7% under the hard expertise cap. He's reforging to haste before getting hard expertise capped. What this means is a good deal of his attacks not landing, thus less Holy Power generation, which leads to lower damage and poor survivability.

I would suggest he hit the 7.5% hit cap and 15% expertise cap, then look into reforging/gemming to haste. I'd also personally suggest dropping the Sanctified Wrath talent and picking up Holy Avenger.