Quote Originally Posted by pld View Post
    Familiarizing yourself with key binds will feel weird and clunky at first, but it'll only get better with practice. I would suggest just going through your rotation over and over (for like 15-20 mins) on a Training Dummy so you build up some muscle memory on how the rhythm feels. Once you feel comfortable with that, try hopping in a heroic dungeon to get some "live" practice. Rinse and repeat.
    Question on key binding...what do folks usually use? The number pad or is there something else that is easier? I found that when trying to use the number pad or the number keys above the keyboard sucked for me. So I'm open to suggestions.

1-5
    a,d (or q,e)
    r,t,z,f,g,h

alt/ctrl/shift + any of those keys.

number pad is completely out of the question since you'd need 3 hands for that o0

Yeah, basically what Nillo said. Essentially, you never want to move your hand past comfortable WASD position since that extra travel time is unnecessary and just creates more opportunities to fat finger something or screw up. None of my in-combat binds go past the T, G, V "line" on my keyboard.

As mentioned, you'll want to use alt/ctrl/shift as modifiers since by doing so you essentially triple the amount of key binds you get. An example of this would be Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous. My CS is bound to "R" and my HoTR is "Shift + R".

I also bound my key/most used abilities to the close by buttons such as 1, 2, 3, E, R, F, etc. Just found it more convenient that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    number pad is completely out of the question since you'd need 3 hands for that o0
    Left Hand Numpad(arrow keys your WASD or w/e) Right Hand Mouse is how i've played since vanilla

I use the number pad for keybinding raid-marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    I clicked back then :S

Offtopic : Check proraiders soon jello , didn't last long <3
    WHAT DID YOU BEAT? I moved my immers from 90 to 2... I need to have everyone afk on galakras to rank... we finish waves with 35 seconds left till next wave atm and make spoils a little better

Ah. I had a few 600k immersus logs but they counted as wipes this week we killed p1 so fast we only got 15 adds instead of all 40 or 50 w/e it is at full hp lol.

UGH spoils lol getting double brew is annoying

Still cant touch that prot parse you have. You had like 17m cleave trinket dmg I can only get like 7m max with the most aoe i can do lol unless I had no one touch the little adds from sun but our lock really wants to push his 1.2m to 1.5m to beat #1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Tbh I doubt that protectors rank is going to get beaten anytime soon , same with Spoils :P

Edit : Also got R1 Garrosh heroic :P
    Did you try taking the shadow add on protectors ?

It doesn't do anything no vengeance and the armor debuff doesn't make you get more vengeance.

Can easily just do it in 1 line like I do on my pally since I use holy prism on almost every fight. /cast [@jellospally] Holy Prism instead of 3 lines... granted it does the same thing.

TBH I think the fact we kill it 90 seconds faster than you did on that hurts me. Also my Lights hammer in did 6.8m your holy prism did 7.7m in a much much longer fight idk if thats even worth using. Maybe idk... unless lights hammer doesnt proc cleave? but i bet it can seems like just as many if not more cleave proc

Also looking at it like you have more dmg from everything(makes sense longer kill) but my seal of rightous did the same as yours which doens't make sense when everything else is higher from yours esp holy part of your cleave trinket
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2014-02-23 at 10:13 AM.

Ah that makes a late of sense in terms of Cleave.

I noticed you had Seal of Insight on for 31% of the fight on your 550k is why yours is so low on Seal of Righteous

Another thing that probably holds my dmg back more than anything on that fight other than Holy Prism cleave thing is the fact we phase all 3 bosses at the same time on purpose for our lock so for about 20-30sec i only can tank misery + the other rook add that isnt gloom since i dont wana cleave ppl with misery in middle.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2014-02-23 at 11:47 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just the fact I don't have the meta that is causing my health to spike all over the place on my alt paladin or something else?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HNd8fv3CYrwJzM6W
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pally/advanced

Just a super casual raid with some friends on off nights with my pally I haven't touched the entire expansion, anything you better paladins see that I could do differently in terms of survival and damage since we're kinda lacking atm in the damage department.

No it is the fact you are casting EF way too many times for not having 4 set. EF should never be below Seal of Insight in healing. Only cast EF with 5 stacks of Bastion and 3 HP(without 4 set that should be around every 27-29 seconds with no DP procs or so).

You should never glyph Avenging Wrath.

Final Wrath, Focus Shields(where single target dps overall means more), Alabaster Shield(if its a fight where you don't use Focus Shields and/or don't need DP glyphed(really only Malk/Thok I use DP glyph))

Basically having 33 casts of EF on a 8 minute pull means you casted 17 more EF's than you should have to keep 100% uptime on EF. You only had a 66.14% uptime on EF hot. This means you are just constantly healing yourself with EF instead of Shield of Righteous for 50% physical DR.

For the most part a good 5 stack Bastion with 3HP EF the hot alone + Seal of Insight can keep you up without any healing unless you are pushing vengeance farther.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2014-02-23 at 10:32 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for that. Just seemed to be taking more than I should and not getting enough healing from the healers. Guess it's partly me for thinking that and not using SotR enough then.

Ya most fights the initial EF cast is like 3-4% of my total EF healing and the Hot is the rest of my EF healing and around 60-70% of my overall healing. Having a weakaura to show what its ticking for or how much gain you would get by recasting at the time is quite good for maxing EF healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Thanks for that. Just seemed to be taking more than I should and not getting enough healing from the healers. Guess it's partly me for thinking that and not using SotR enough then.
    Casting a low bastion of glory stack EF is kind of a vicious circle. You do it because you spike low then you don't have the decent HoT on yourself to sustain the incoming damage so you give yourself another suboptimal heal to stop from falling over and so it carries on.
    Bite the bullet and wait for 5 stacks and then only refresh it at 5 (or minimum 3 if shit hits the fan) Also make sure you do it at decently high vengeance (ie don't refresh the EF just before you taunt or something silly)

Heres a good weakaura for it. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lame+weak+aura

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a weakaura that showed the value of the EF hot. Knowing what I'm going to gain from using it again is helpful, thanks for pointing that thread out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Casting a low bastion of glory stack EF is kind of a vicious circle. You do it because you spike low then you don't have the decent HoT on yourself to sustain the incoming damage so you give yourself another suboptimal heal to stop from falling over and so it carries on.
    Bite the bullet and wait for 5 stacks and then only refresh it at 5 (or minimum 3 if shit hits the fan) Also make sure you do it at decently high vengeance (ie don't refresh the EF just before you taunt or something silly)
    Unless you would otherwise die, in which case use the EF when you need it, and shout at your healers and tell them to stop being crap. Or use Lay on Hands (but still shout at your healers because they are being crap).

I have small question about malkorok. our 1% wipe on him did take 5 and half min. So I am wondering how I can increase my damage a bit so we can push this guy over before the raid dies. The main issue I have is it worth using AW twice at lower vengeance, as in on pull and when it comes off cd (when I am tanking him ofc), or wait till I have loads of vengeance during blood rage and than pop it?

What is the raid dying to? If it is avoidable stuff, you'll see more returns on people not being bad.