10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Congrats on the kill Riemu, now tell me what the song in your kill vid is lol.
    lol thanks. tbh its just a free song youtube lets me dub into my twitch exported video :-)

Close To Me (Houseshaker Mix) - Arist: N'Luv
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    I tanked Raden with my prot Last night. I think my heart stopped 5 times each try... Only fight Where I hardcapped exp Over haste and subbed in my stamina trinket... But down is down i guess

Anyone relate? :-)
    Sounds exactly like what I did when I tanked it. I had so many "OMGWTFYOUWERESUPPOSEDTOCASTFSNOWYOUDICK" moments.... I ended up holding my rotation at ~80 nrg to cap HoPo for a 6sec ShotR. And I also used a stam trinket (over spark) and stam flask/food here. I ended up swapping out of the stam trinket in the end, but it's whatever.

Then, we just let our BrM tank and it was such a fucking joke. 100% AM uptime? Check. He literally ran a keyboard macro to perform rotation and was tabbed for a good part of the fight. I got to rank as Ret at least (because fuck melee on that right, amirite?).

Anyhow, grats on the kill!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Anything to improve? Handling the fight as well as rotation / playstyle / ui... anything basically?
    Any Criticism?
    Didn't use your X key enough

EDIT - JK, don't do it. Not going to corrupt anymore people!
    Last edited by mmocd3985e150a; 2013-08-02 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Ra-Den vs Lag

[00:07:53.032] Shahei gains Divine Purpose from Shahei
    [00:07:53.032] Shahei gains Shield of the Righteous from Shahei
    [00:07:53.169] Ra-den Fatal Strike Shahei 346166 (A: 246163)
    [00:07:53.231] Shahei's Shield of the Righteous fades from Shahei
    [00:07:53.231] Ra-den killed Shahei with Fatal Strike
    [00:07:53.231] Shahei Shield of the Righteous Ra-den 252981
    [00:07:53.231] Shahei dies

This is from a WoL log one of my guildies recorded.
    I was a bit pissed off. -__-

^ needs moar sig figs!

But yeah, fuck that lag boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Hello guys,

A bit more than 2 months ago our DK tank rerolled a prot paladin tank, which I knew was obviously going to take some learning to get used to from playing a DK. I, however, feel like this "learning period" is now passed, and he should be completely comfortable playing his paladin now. Unfortunately I feel like he's not living up to the expectations. Given we are ranked 200 west and on a very tight schedule, I obviously want my players to be top notch. I am unfortunately very bad at looking at tank logs, so I was hoping you guys that are more used to it would take a look at some logs and give me an idea if I am wrong, and he's actually playing it very well or if he's in reality pretty bad.

Edit: His name is Indari

Here are the most recent logs:
    10/07-2013: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y55mpjmfzv58hwmq/ (Primordius and onwards)
    18/07-2013: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kaoyz1egt2c96hu7/ (Full clear)

Thank you very much in advance,
    Jarim
    Last edited by mmoc09d635862c; 2013-08-02 at 09:45 PM.

If "Indari" is him, his Shield of the Righteous uptime is horribly low (mid 30-40's), and his Sacred Shield uptime is rather low (anything below 95% is low and should be taken care of instantly). It's hard to tell what else could be wrong when he's logged out in pvp holy gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    If "Indari" is him, his Shield of the Righteous uptime is horribly low (mid 30-40's), and his Sacred Shield uptime is rather low (anything below 95% is low and should be taken care of instantly). It's hard to tell what else could be wrong when he's logged out in pvp holy gear.
    Yes, that is indeed him. You can see his gear @ http://www.wowprogress.com/character...en-mill/Indari, doesn't say stats but gives you a general idea of how good it is.

He should replace the Will of the Emperor trinket. Shouldn't need the green gems, as the stamina bonus isn't in my opinion worth the loss of 320 haste (300 str+240 stam is worth 165+81, while the 320 haste is worth 320).

He's really just not hitting buttons enough, he's not getting enough holy power to get enough shield of the righteous usages to get a higher uptime. He also needs to refresh his Sacred Shield more often so that it doesn't fall off. Pure mechanical failure that gear won't fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    (300 str+240 stam is worth 165+81, while the 320 haste is worth 320).
    I may be very tired... but... Huh?

(not that I dont agree that he should drop the green gems)

- - - Updated - - -

and yeah, damn, that paladin got carried hard, he is playing rather terribly.

Strength is worth .55 weight, stam is worth .34, and haste is 1. What's hard to figure out?

Deleted
    Well, that kinda depends what weights you put on them, but okay. As said, completely agree with what you said, just got a bit confused by the numbers.

Your numbers, along with everything else you say, differ from everyone else.

Deleted
    Everything I say differ from everyone else?

Mind blown since I said I agreed with you, that means you dont agree that I agree with you which means that you must not mean what you said or something, my brain is confused.

Deleted
    Is it possible to see if he's at least using his shield of the rightious at the right moments, like snapping bite, talon rake, triple punkture, hard stare etc. etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarim View Post
    Is it possible to see if he's at least using his shield of the rightious at the right moments, like snapping bite, talon rake, triple punkture, hard stare etc. etc?
    Yeah it is, give me a sec to give you a line for it.

Just looking at Horridon, he's poor at mitigating Triple Puncture (I only assume it's worse on other bosses, where the attack's either more frequent or less telegraphed). A heroic prot paladin, I'm sure you'll agree, should mitigate EVERY boss special. This guy's all over the map.

[19:42:10.454] Indari's Shield of the Righteous fades from Indari
    [19:42:14.008] Horridon casts Triple Puncture on Indari
    [19:42:14.008] Horridon Triple Puncture Indari 206680

[19:43:10.641] Indari's Shield of the Righteous fades from Indari
    [19:43:25.329] Horridon casts Triple Puncture on Indari
    [19:43:25.376] Horridon Triple Puncture Indari 185122

[19:43:47.087] Indari's Shield of the Righteous fades from Indari
    [19:43:49.533] Horridon casts Triple Puncture on Indari
    [19:43:49.618] Horridon Triple Puncture Indari 220786

Browsing later in the logs, he seems to do a better job than he does early on, but it's still disconcerting to see so many 'misses' over an entire fight, never mind like one minute.
    Last edited by trystero; 2013-08-02 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Even if he is using them at the right moments it is still terribly bad uptime.
    Regardless of using them correctly he is failing at the rest of his rotation miserably, there is no excuse for having that low uptime with your progression. I dont really think you grasp how bad uptime that is for a guild like yours.

It is like saying "Well, maybe our hunters dps rotation sucks but maybe he is doing it correctly during rapid fire". Using SotR correctly for snapping bites etc is on the level of freshly dinged paladin, you are 13/13 HC, your paladin is performing like someone that is barely 12/12 normal. In a group that is mor ethan 3/13 HC I would consider your pally to be carried by group. For a group with your progress, he is definately being carried.

I mean, comon, I see that the monk is the "main" tank on most 2 tank fights, i.e. soaks more vengeance than the paladin, but the paladin was solo tanking e.g. Iron Qon and only did 160k dps, if I did 160k dps in normal I would be ashamed, if I did 160k dps in heroic I would make sure that my keybinds is actually working and that I am not just auto attacking the boss.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies guys, do you mind giving me the line you use in the expression editor trystero?

Thanks for the replies guys, do you mind giving me the line you use in the expression editor trystero?
    I just use the Log Browser as I find it easier to build queries.

Show events where source or target is Indari and spell is Shield of the Righteous (remove, copy)
    Show events where source or target is Indari and spell is Snapping Bite (remove, copy)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Even if he is using them at the right moments it is still terribly bad uptime.
    Regardless of using them correctly he is failing at the rest of his rotation miserably, there is no excuse for having that low uptime with your progression. I dont really think you grasp how bad uptime that is for a guild like yours.

It is like saying "Well, maybe our hunters dps rotation sucks but maybe he is doing it correctly during rapid fire". Using SotR correctly for snapping bites etc is on the level of freshly dinged paladin, you are 13/13 HC, your paladin is performing like someone that is barely 12/12 normal. In a group that is mor ethan 3/13 HC I would consider your pally to be carried by group. For a group with your progress, he is definately being carried.

I mean, comon, I see that the monk is the "main" tank on most 2 tank fights, i.e. soaks more vengeance than the paladin, but the paladin was solo tanking e.g. Iron Qon and only did 160k dps, if I did 160k dps in normal I would be ashamed, if I did 160k dps in heroic I would make sure that my keybinds is actually working and that I am not just auto attacking the boss.
    You're exaggerating...his SotR uptime on many fights hovers around 50%. If he were timing SotR correctly that'd be fine. It's not like we're talking about a guy whose uptime is 32%. Mostly I'm around 55%. And so are many other tanks on these boards whose logs I've browsed.

The importance of SotR uptime is overblown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    You're exaggerating...his SotR uptime on many fights hovers around 50%. If he were timing SotR correctly that'd be fine. It's not like we're talking about a guy whose uptime is 32%. Mostly I'm around 55%. And so are many other tanks on these boards whose logs I've browsed.

The importance of SotR uptime is overblown.
    Yeah but those guys at 32% uptime are not at 13/13 HC, usually they are in early normal modes, at his progress level he should really be well above 65%, imo 70-75%

You have to take into consideration who you are looking at. If I see Johny at 10/12 normal asking for help and he is around 40-50% uptime like this paladin is, would not really ponder that much about it, other than saying making sure that he uses it for the big hits and work on getting it higher. But for someone at 13/13 HC, 40-50% is really unacceptable.

Lets just say it like this, if he was a dps and played his dps class aswell as he plays his tank, he would be benched in the blink of an eye without thinking twice about it. Just because he is a tank he is flying under the radar because most guilds dont think twice about their tanks performance.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-08-02 at 10:54 PM.